[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Hexagon92

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 2.14 [The Slug Update]

Postby Hexagon92 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 pm

How do i install this? i couldn't find instructions anywhere.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 pm

Multiverse itself is installed like any other FTL Mod, just put it in the mod folder in slipstream and patch it. Since some MV versions come as a zip file (which is the same thing as an FTL file), you can set slipstream to recognize zip files by going to file -> preferences, and turning on allow_zip.

You will also need hyperspace for Multiverse to function properly. You can find more detailed instructions on installing that on the hyperspace forum page.

If you have further questions feel free to join our discord server, as its a much easier place to converse and answer questions. All of the MV and Hyperspace devs are there.
Hexagon92

Postby Hexagon92 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:49 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Multiverse itself is installed like any other FTL Mod, just put it in the mod folder in slipstream and patch it. Since some MV versions come as a zip file (which is the same thing as an FTL file), you can set slipstream to recognize zip files by going to file -> preferences, and turning on allow_zip.

You will also need hyperspace for Multiverse to function properly. You can find more detailed instructions on installing that on the hyperspace forum page.

If you have further questions feel free to join our discord server, as its a much easier place to converse and answer questions. All of the MV and Hyperspace devs are there.

Thank you never knew slip could install form zip very fun mod.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.0

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:13 pm

3.0 is finally ready!
Apologies for the long wait, but 3.0 took longer than expected because of a lot of XML restructuring that had to be done.

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Reworked start beacon guard encounters. Are now cleaner, more optomized, consistant, and have some new options as well!

Added new minibosses to the Mantis Hive and Engi Harmony.

The first beacon now has a new background resembling the start beacon hangar. The first sector has also been renamed to Multiverse

Drop-Point. It has some new events as well.

Modified the Last Stand rarity list to change what types of crew can spawn. Certain augments can also no longer be found in stores

there.

Added an Engi Transport encounter and new loot

Added the Hacker Cruiser type B and C, Ghost Hunter C and Bishop Cruiser A and B.

Completely redid Coalition C.

Changed Orchid B's sprite.

Improved the Ion stunner sprites.

Hacker Cruiser type A now starts with a mini defense drone and drone control.

Added more events for talking to certain crew.

Added more pirates.

Start beacons now have a cosmetic label to tell you where they were. For no reason in particular, its just cool.

Added Distress Store events, where you have to fight a ship to access the store.

Added the Human Medic unit. The Flagship always spawns with one of these too.

Increased the cooldown of the suzerain pheromone ability.

Improved the Crystal Stun sprite.

Lanius B now starts with a door system.

Added the option to attack the Engineers buying droneparts.

Nerfed the Repair Bot augment.

Nerfed the Asphyxiator. Slug B also now has a battery so it can support the augment.

Tuco's Cruiser A no longer has cloaking.

Modified the loading screen bar.

Duskbringer Devotees no longer damage friendly crew when they die naturally. Forced suicide still damaged friendly crew.

Increased missile defense's projectile speed.

Increased the number of stores in the [Sale!] Slug sectors.

Gave Suzerain B, C, Freemantis C, and Mantis C 2 man teleports.

Ghost death animation now resembles a cloud of gas.

Added Crystal Sentinels, new elite crew. They start on Crystal C.

Pleasure Cruiser C only has lvl 1 teleporter now.

Added Ghost Phantoms, new elite crew.

Added Orchid Chieftains, new elite crew.

Rebel Cruiser A now starts with a Rebel Engineer.

Lost Sun C now has an anti-system laser as well.

Reduced peacekeeper explosion damage.

The Hibernating alien no longer appears under the augment check category but rather the main 'page'

Added the Combustion Combat drone.

Engi Harmony now can only spawn sector 4+

Crystal Weapons no longer spawn outside of crystal sectors.

Added the Signal Diluter augment, which can be used to prevent guards from spawning ASBs.

Organized and modified rarity lists for crew in every sector.

Decreased the hull of ancient enemy ships.

Modified the Slug Spectator event to be split into 2 parts.

Separatist body scan event now works with all elites.

Improved the Coalition Battleship sprite to no longer have rebel splices.

Kernal and Crystal weapons can now be found in the black market.

Improved the Mantis Suzerain pheromone animation to look less like healing particles.

Added and improved some start game tips.

Beam 3 now does 2 hull damage.

Mace Beam Mk 2 now uses 5 power.

Missile Defense only uses 2 power now.

Reduced the number of drones the stage 2 flagship has slightly.

Smuggler Cruiser no longer has a pruchaseable 4 man teleporter.

Enemy Duskbringer Devotees can now use their suicide ability.

You can now rarely find race specific augments in their respective homeworlds.

The option to refuse surrenders now uses randomized text.

Engi Sectors can only pull from 100 different names, because the old list was too long (originally there was 999 different

versions).

Added more names to the crew name list.

Improved Separatist C's sprite.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed some missing combat checks in various events.

Fixed some cloak offsets.

Fixed obsidian armor triggering rock armor blue options.

Fixed ghosts doing reduced combat damage.

Fixed the Lost Sun dropship not starting with oxygen.

Fixed the Last Stand fleet nothing events not calling for the correct storage check.

Fixed Zoltan doing 30 damage on death.

Fixed the Lanius storage socialization event.

Fixed Energy 3's mount point.

Fixed Multiverse B's artillery beam being the wrong color.

Fixed the Suzerain in the caravan event not having the right crew.

The Symbiote now triggers rock blue options.

Fixed some of the newer weapons appearing in the Ancient Wastelands.

Fixed the Scanner weapon tip.

Fixed the Chain Charge Laser type.

Fixed Pleasure Cruiser offsets.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Updated the Metadata file that I'm pretty sure no one reads anyways.

Improved organization in event/sector files.

Moved the Engi Separatist events to a new file.

Moved transport encounters to a new event file.

Moved loot lists to events_transports

Moved stores and nothing beacons to a new event file.

Moved defeat/surrender events to a new event file.

Added additional text for Federation ships in the last stand that isnt used but exists for future ships.

Moved the changelogs folder to the mod-appendix folder.

grimranger

Postby grimranger » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:06 am

Hey there!

Loving the mod, but I've been disappointed that my last two runs were lost due to game-ending bugs.

The first of which was in an Engi sector that had no end-point to travel to the next sector. Below are a couple screenshots demonstrating this and giving you the seed.
https://imgur.com/a/szOhrs5

The second of which I was unable to document, because my game crashed (and when trying to "Continue" from the game screen after reloading, it crashed again). The issue: I tried to travel to a green sector, but it had no name (just a random string, something like "%DA9Sector". It was the only sector available to travel to.

EDIT: Got the second glitch again (EDIT2: Make that 4 times. Switching back to vanilla until it's fixed it's ruined several of my best runs now.) as the second-to-last sector. Info: It's a civilian sector that's bugged, and I'm quite sure it was the same string as before. It's something like "%A1O)Civilian Sector"

Still going to keep going with the mod unless this becomes extremely common place (I've played ~8 runs and unluckily got these two in a row for my last ones). Enjoying it enough to want to help you guys improve it.

As a side-note, Ancient B is wildly overpowered in my opinion. Not that I dislike that, but woo, man, having a 4-spot teleporter with four of the absolute best combat units in the game really makes those runs a breeze.

Thank you for your hard work.
Last edited by grimranger on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grimranger

Postby grimranger » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:11 am

Also, is there some kind of detailed wiki for the mod or some place where the interactions are documented? As someone who loves learning about special events, etc., I'd definitely want to give it a look. I googled and found one multiverse.wiki, but it was very barren. Again, coming from vanilla FTL this has given the game a much-needed glow-up for me. Much appreciated.
JerC

Postby JerC » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:59 am

grimranger wrote:Hey there!

Loving the mod, but I've been disappointed that my last two runs were lost due to game-ending bugs.

The first of which was in an Engi sector that had no end-point to travel to the next sector. Below are a couple screenshots demonstrating this and giving you the seed.
https://imgur.com/a/szOhrs5

I've had the opposite of that glitch, somehow I had 2 exit beacons in an Engi sector. One at the usual spot, the other on one of the first beacons to travel.

Also, recovered a Nyx launcher from a Coalition transport, but when charging the image looks wrong (https://gyazo.com/98861a33b11e506201685bb94f3b3720)

In 3.0, the start of Coalition space sector is glitched; the first text box is COALITION_TEXT something, and a Rebel ship appears instead (I picked a blue option with a slug), and when I killed their crew, no text box or rewards came up.

Other minor stuff:
-Ship info screen and hangar shows technitian when it should be technician, or Seperatist instead of Separatist Engi
-Crashed twice when trying to access an Auto sector with the Smuggler (scrap recovery arm) ship, the 2nd try just deleted my save
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 pm

Sorry for the late response;

I've had the opposite of that glitch, somehow I had 2 exit beacons in an Engi sector. One at the usual spot, the other on one of the first beacons to travel.

Exit beacon bugs are not related to MV but rather hyperspace. Make sure your hyperspace version is up to date. Double exit beacon but I believe is going to be fixed in the next hyperspace release, which isn't public yet.

The second of which I was unable to document, because my game crashed (and when trying to "Continue" from the game screen after reloading, it crashed again). The issue: I tried to travel to a green sector, but it had no name (just a random string, something like "%DA9Sector". It was the only sector available to travel to.

I've never encountered this bug nor has anyone ever reported it before. There is a sector that has intentionally messed up names (as its been hacked), so maybe its possible you were just seeing that?

As a side-note, Ancient B is wildly overpowered in my opinion. Not that I dislike that, but woo, man, having a 4-spot teleporter with four of the absolute best combat units in the game really makes those runs a breeze.

The two ancient ships are intentionally very strong. They have a brand new unlock quest thats much harder than the crystal unlock (but also has far less RNG), but of course if you already have the crystal ship unlocked you can just immediately use those.

Also, is there some kind of detailed wiki for the mod or some place where the interactions are documented? As someone who loves learning about special events, etc., I'd definitely want to give it a look. I googled and found one multiverse.wiki, but it was very barren. Again, coming from vanilla FTL this has given the game a much-needed glow-up for me. Much appreciated.

Aye I made that wiki just to reserve space for the future, I haven't added anything yet because the mod is still under development. Once features are cemented Ill start working on the wiki, but until then there's not much point in writing about things that will likely change again and again in the future.

Also, recovered a Nyx launcher from a Coalition transport, but when charging the image looks wrong

In 3.0, the start of Coalition space sector is glitched; the first text box is COALITION_TEXT something, and a Rebel ship appears instead (I picked a blue option with a slug), and when I killed their crew, no text box or rewards came up.

I'll have to look into these two, I might release a hotfix for the Coalition start event depending on the severity.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.0.1 [Bug Fix Patch]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Made a small but VERY IMPORTANT bug fix patch. Fixes some crashes and other random sector bugs that slipped through testing.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.1 [The Orchid Revisit]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 am

The Orchid Revisit is ready!

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added the Orchid Gardenworlds sector.

Massively modified, added, and removed to standard Orchid sector event lists.

Added 7 new Orchid events.

Added the Orchid Loot Transport.

Added the Orchid Trapper encounter.

Changed the layouts of all 3 orchid cruisers.

Added 2 new orchid ships.

Added the Anti-Hull Kernel, Solar Kernel, and Vinelauncher.

Added Elite Orchid ships and special Elite Kernels.

Rock B now starts with a single orchid crew.

Added more orchid customization options.

The fleet delay at the start beacon is now only for when you choose not do anything.

Orchid ships can now use the greenhouse replicator augment.

The Coalition tune in event now gives elite rock and crystals for their respective options.

Increased chain focus's rarity. Enemies can also now use a 4 power version.

Duskbringer Devotees now learn combat and repairs 20% faster to make up for the cloning.

Coalition ships can no longer use energy weapons.

Lanius can now use all types of flak guns.

The full title for soldiers is now "human soldier"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos, including a lot of translation errors from woona's original orchid events.

Fixed missing combat checks in some events.

Fixed the Rebel Pod event not giving you scrap for defeating the rebel.

Fixed the Coalition start beacon.

Fixed the hacker sector crash.

Fixed the fake hacker store not having a beacon.

Fixed the Rock Outcast death animation.

Adjusted the offset of the Lanius and Orchid stations.

Fixed the fleet events always spawning the elite fighter.

Fixed the pirate sector guard crew kill event.

Fixed welders not using the lanius death noises.

Fixed Magnetic Arm triggering scrap arm blue options.

Fixed the Cinquedea beam tip saying the wrong amount of shield piercing.

Fixed the missing doors to one of the lower rooms on the Engi Cruiser type A.

Fixed the nebula sector exit beacon tooltip (again)

Fixed the Lanius trapper appearing multiple times per sector.

Fixed using mind control on enemy guards disabling player piloting instead of the enemy

Fixed the Gatling body tooltip.

Fixed the damaged auto-ship cloak.

Fixed the Coalition combat augment event letting you contact a fed ship after you win.

Fixed nebula empty beacons not having storage checks.

Fixed the offset of the Rebel and Prototype cruiser miniships.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Removed the unusued _strip suffix from the kernel weapons.