[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Engi-nious

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby Engi-nious » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:45 am

bamalf wrote:I just checked it out. This error appears in 1.6.12, but does not appear in 1.6.9.

Can confirm that the issue I was previously having was solely because I had an incompatible version of FTL - so Metro, you need to double check that you have 1.6.9 installed.

Personally, I am looking forward to messing with the Oxygen change effect (which sounds like a hardcoded twist on the O2 system rather than an actual property like the Lanius, but I'll still play with it) and Damage taken multiplier (in combat? Or just a base multiplier? How does it stack with things like FireDamageMultiplier? All stuff I'll have fun testing). Excited to test with it, good work guys.

@Woona - Your "Orchids" might now be able to fill rooms with oxygen now, with a few tweaks.
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
Loving_Metropolice

Postby Loving_Metropolice » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:14 pm

Engi-nious wrote:
bamalf wrote:I just checked it out. This error appears in 1.6.12, but does not appear in 1.6.9.

Can confirm that the issue I was previously having was solely because I had an incompatible version of FTL - so Metro, you need to double check that you have 1.6.9 installed.

Personally, I am looking forward to messing with the Oxygen change effect (which sounds like a hardcoded twist on the O2 system rather than an actual property like the Lanius, but I'll still play with it) and Damage taken multiplier (in combat? Or just a base multiplier? How does it stack with things like FireDamageMultiplier? All stuff I'll have fun testing). Excited to test with it, good work guys.

@Woona - Your "Orchids" might now be able to fill rooms with oxygen now, with a few tweaks.

I've actually just been embarrassed to say I'm a total idiot and shortly after asking remembered you had to actually copy the depot to the FTL folder
G3PSx

Postby G3PSx » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:17 pm

I’ve got a stupid Mac so can’t play around with this at all but the first thing that popped into my mind was to create the most illusive race of all.

GIANT Alien Spiders!!!
Engi-nious

Postby Engi-nious » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:05 am

G3PSx wrote:I’ve got a stupid Mac so can’t play around with this at all but the first thing that popped into my mind was to create the most illusive race of all.

GIANT Alien Spiders!!!

Would have done this if I was a spriter. I think it would be epic if there was an event where they invaded your ship - I am imagining high dps but very low hp - but in a huge swarm (like 8+).

As for the Mac issue, I can't say I've tried it myself, and it certainly sounds less viable to distribute but if you want to mess around with editing races apparently this is another working hardcoded mod for mac. Sounds less polished than hyperspace though.
It also probably doesn't work with the current FTL version, so might need to use an old build:
http://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=29055
This (hyper)space intentionally left blank.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:04 pm

G3PSx wrote:I’ve got a stupid Mac so can’t play around with this at all

For Macs, I'm 99% sure that the process is the same as the manual Linux installation. I can guide you through it if you can't get it to work.
G3PSx

Postby G3PSx » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 am

TheSwiftTiger wrote:
G3PSx wrote:I’ve got a stupid Mac so can’t play around with this at all

For Macs, I'm 99% sure that the process is the same as the manual Linux installation. I can guide you through it if you can't get it to work.

Thanks but I'm currently super busy at the moment, just poped back for a quick nose around. Thanks for the offer though, may take you up on it later on when I'm free.
Warkin I. Volselli

Postby Warkin I. Volselli » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:23 am

Oh boy I'm gonna have fun making mods with this
bep
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:11 am

The latest version of FTL is 1.6.14.

Hyperspace currently only works with version 1.6.9. For the moment, you will only be able to use hyperspace if you are in 1.6.9 until the developers update it for the latest version. Their progress has been stunted and (according to their messages in the FTL discord) will not be able to continue development until somewhere in the summer.

(probably important information for people who don't read)
King Doge

Postby King Doge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:22 pm

The command for steam seems to no longer function. Is there another I could use?
ekscom

Postby ekscom » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:19 pm

When I try to download that version, the steam console gives me an error:

] download_depot 212680 212681 7584602879744021840
Depot download failed : Manifest not available

Any ideas how to fix this, anyone?