So after toying around for a (short) while, I can safely say that this is awesome and should revolutionize FTL modding (if anyone is still actively playing mods, that is). You guys have done an awesome job with this!
However I did have a few questions, in no particular order:
- - I don't understand what "Hacking Drone Fix" does. Does it just destroy the drone when the system has no power? I thought that if the drone had landed it was meant to be able to be turned off/on, so not sure how it's a fix so much as a balance change.
- I am aware that "new" ships (in the infinite ships menus, which are epic btw) cannot have highscores or achievements, however, can they be given unlock requirements? Or will they always be available by default?
- Lots of questions about custom races - most notably, there seem to be many functions of vanilla races that are not adjustable. I cannot find any variable to adjust the speed that skills are learnt (which humans reportedly do faster) the ability to do damage upon death (like zoltans) or to apply a crystal lockdown ability to crew (or maybe even other abilities, if possible...?). Are these all coded differently to the rest of the crew variables, or is there a simple syntax to adjust them?
- I am also going to assume that things like races having different genders is not within the scope of this version of hyperspace. It seems like ghost have genders, even though the default mod seems to show no support for this? I am a bit confused honestly - even as to how the game "detects" which sprite sheet corresponds to which race.
- In any case, it would be really handy to have the "default" values for the rest of the vanilla races, even if only for reference sake.
- And finally... any chance we could get support for custom environmental effects in the future? I imagine that's a tough ask, though...
(Sorry for the text wall! I tend to do that a bit.)
Again, this mod is totally awesome and I am eager to see what people do with it (Woona already made a whole race in Mod Development, complete with lore, 3 player ships and enemies, and a sector - completely impossible until a few months ago)
Thanks for the help!