FTL: Impossible Mode

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

FTL: Impossible Mode

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Ok so I've been inactive a while working on various stuff, and one of those things is FTL:Impossible Mode. Basically it makes the game a lot harder by restricting available systems to oxygen, engines, shields, piloting, doors, sensors, weapons, cloaking, and drones, and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately I've been busy and haven't been able to put all the ships into one file... so for now you have to download a mod for each ship and the base mod. If this goes well I'll put them all together

Features:
-All beacons on the map look the same
-Each ship has its own challenge
-Starting beacon is a sun hazard
-Limited Systems
-15 starting hull
-no airlocks
-fuel, missiles, and drone parts a lot more expensive
-all ships only have 3 weapon slots and 2 drone slots

Two additional addons:
-Boss Impossibilizor: Replaces Boss Laser with another Boss Missile, and gives it a lot more health
-Item Adjustments: Alters rarity and costs of various weapons, drones, augments, and crew
-Sector Unidentifiier (comming soon): all sectors are labeled as hostile and called "sector"

Download (might break a little bit of UI for updated games... sorry my FTL won't update. Only minor problem):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q3fto6l305af ... QgD8a?dl=0

Last edited by KingdomKrafters on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormbringer

Re: FTL: Impossible Mode

Postby Stormbringer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 am

KingdomKrafters wrote:Ok so I've been inactive a while working on various stuff, and one of those things is FTL:Impossible Mode. Basically it makes the game a lot harder by restricting available systems to oxygen, engines, shields, piloting, doors, sensors, weapons, cloaking, and drones, and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately I've been busy and haven't been able to put all the ships into one file... so for now you have to download a mod for each ship and the base mod. If this goes well I'll put them all together

Features:
-All beacons on the map look the same
-Each ship has its own challenge
-Starting beacon is a sun hazard
-Limited Systems
-15 starting hull
-no airlocks
-fuel, missiles, and drone parts a lot more expensive
-all ships only have 3 weapon slots and 2 drone slots

Two additional addons:
-Boss Impossibilizor: Replaces Boss Laser with another Boss Missile, and gives it a lot more health
-Item Adjustments: Alters rarity and costs of various weapons, drones, augments, and crew
-Sector Unidentifiier (comming soon): all sectors are labeled as hostile and called "sector"

Download (might break a little bit of UI for updated games... sorry my FTL won't update. Only minor problem):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q3fto6l305af ... QgD8a?dl=0

I'll add screenshots when I can get imgur to work right on my computer. But trust me, this mod is hard. I can't get past sector 2.
:evil:

noiice and hard. yeet. also use the new project coalition flair mate
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Ok small update: basically now the base game and the two addons (items and boss impossibilizor) now have metadata.xml files in them, and I changed a lot of UI features to make the game have a more custom feel.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Ok well now I have screenshots
AnAngryMantis

Postby AnAngryMantis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 pm

Could you try packing all the ship files into a single .ftl file? It works, but it's a hassle to download all those ships...
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:03 am

Yeah I know, I hate having to do it myself. I just didn't want to go through all the work if no one was going to comment on the mod. Now that you have I'll get to that
lirtosiast

Postby lirtosiast » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am

Enjoying this so far. The lack of crew healing and doors leads to some interesting tactics-- dodging missiles and bombs by sending crew out of the room, turning off O2 to put out fires, etc. ASB at the start is also a nice touch to keeps players from restart scumming. Overall FTL feels like a different game when you're expected to lose almost all runs.

The boarding ships puzzle me though: what's the intended strategy? Are we just supposed to run from fights until we get a medbay/clonebay? On the "Bad Boarding Team" my pilot has 15 health left after jumping away from the start beacon. Maybe there's some boarding strategy to kill an enemy crew without taking a single hit, but it's surely not in my toolbox.

Also what's with L3/L4 shields being only 10/20 scrap?
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:06 pm

I honestly have no clue about the shields...
As for the boarding I'm going to add a level 1 medbay to those ships but you can't upgrade it.
I'm actually working on this mod, but I encountered some problems with the type C ships when I mashed all the ships together since I just managed to update FTL and now everything is all screwed up, plus I have like 2 other mod projects I'm working on two so I've been super busy. I'm probably just going to recreate all the ships anyways
I will update and fix this at some point, and thanks for the feedback.
If you somehow beat the game let me know, cause I can't get past sector 2 :?