[MOD] FTL: Project Coalition (Rebooting. Stand by.)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

Re: [MOD] [WIP] FTL: Project Coalition v0.5a

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Sorry people for the inconvenience, but one of us *cough* stormbringer *cough* thought we were ready to post the latest release, and accidentally uploaded an unfinished alpha build without anyone's permission. We're dealing with this now, but until we can contact him and take down the file, please ignore the latest update as its full of bugs and stuff.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:16 pm

ok people we got it all fixed, carry on as usual. We now have a mediafire link to the stable build from before, and we'll go back to the dropbox link once we finish the newest build
FTL ProjCoal team

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 pm

Hey there everyone! We are happy to announce that we have released a new "experimental version" (it actually works a LOT better than the stable version). We also want to thank all of our fans who have helped point out our many bugs. They are all now in the end game credits under "Early Supporters"! So please check out our latest version!
AgentTHeKat

Postby AgentTHeKat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:28 pm

test for signature (and certainly not to put pc at the top [why would i do that?])
It's me, one of those Multiverse Devs!
Do you have a ship sprite you aren't sure about? Do you think it could be better, but aren't sure how?
Contact me on discord (AgentTheKat#1953), and I'll see what I can do! It's kind of my thing.
mokahless

Postby mokahless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:06 pm

This project is amazing but the stability and balance of the experimental version is definitely very early. Is there a better place for me to report bugs and/or put in feedback? If not, here goes. I'll add more as I play. Created an account here just for this.

I started with the auto ship but there is an issue with a certain unlucky circumstance that kind of slows down the game: Getting boarded early on by a Lanius. Since there is no Anti-personnel drone that you start with, I went for 3 or so sectors being unable to upgrade my ship. I found the Repair Arm and ended up with 4 weapons that used only 3 power slots total. This allowed me to live for so long. Due to the Lanius, each jump was painfully slow to charge. If the original thought was that the auto ship doesn't need anti-personnel because it lacks oxygen, then that thinking is flawed. Alternatively, equipping it with a small bomb or similar that can target your own ship could mitigate the issue. Just my opinion on balance.

The bug I encountered is as follows:
I encountered this event several sectors in on easy with AE enabled. When I click the first option, the game freezes up. Mouse doesn't move but the music keeps playing. Have to force quit. I was able to reproduce it again just by reloading my save.

Text issues:
There's a few formatting issues. Here's a few I was able to find again.

I'm going to keep playing as long as the neat weapons and events continue to amuse me more than bugs bother me and report back.

Edit: Cloak display issue

Edit: I've noticed the shield bubble doesn't always pop when hit by a laser, as if it resisted it. I am unsure if this is a display issue, a trait of the auto ship I don't know about or if it is some kind of unintended bug.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:19 am

Ok yeah so a lot of our stuff is like that.... and will always be like that. Such goes the sad sad story of being a modder. Unfortunately most of FTL's UI and graphic stuff is hard coded, which means things such as the weapons power going out of the UI box, or the text going out of the description box is not really able to be fixed. In fact, there was a lot more problems that no one is aware about that we were able to fix. Those are just the ones we couldn't. However with the Automated ship cloak we have fixed that and it will be solved in stable version 2, which is set to be released sometime around late March.

As for the actual but report, I'm just glad people are still playing the mod! Thank you for reporting these, as the whole wise man zoltan event crash is news to me. As for there being a convenient place to report the bugs, I would highly advise joining the Project Coalition discord (link can be found in the actual forum post itself pretty close to the top) so you can get status reports and vote on features (and of course remind us that we need to fix these bugs faster)

so yeah. Thanks for the feedback!
mokahless

Postby mokahless » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:19 pm

I'm not much for discord. If I continue to play for a while, and actually grab the new versions as they come out, I will probably look into joining the discord and getting more involved. In the meantime, it is difficult to organize in a forum post so I've created a spreadsheet that I'll update sometimes. Sorry I can't be the most helpful but if something stands out, I'll try to add it there.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
The "Balance" ones are obviously my opinion only.
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 pm

everyone has their preference. anyways thanks for being so willing to help us (cause bugs are our main problem). I think the spreadsheet is a great idea, though you should put everyone on comment so (mostly I) and at least add in bugs of their own or comment on how something is fixed.
Wenex

Re: [MOD] FTL: Project Coalition v2 (out soon!)

Postby Wenex » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:32 pm

Is this mod compatible with anything or totally standalone? For examle, would this work with "CE Endless Loot for standard" mod? CrewD? Better Planets and Backgrounds or the newer HighRes Backgrounds?
KingdomKrafters

Re: [MOD] FTL: Project Coalition v2 (out soon!)

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Well assuming your game does crash while playing, the mod is compatible with CERTAIN mods.

mods that wont work:
-CE
-ARS+
-Decent into Darkness
-literally any other overhaul

mods that COULD have issues:
-mods that modify events
-mods that edit vanilla assets
-mods that alter crew customization

mods that should work:
-custom ships/ship packs (load after PC)
-weapon packs
-graphic mods like Shiny