[VERY OLD AND BROKEN, DON'T DOWNLOAD]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
KingdomKrafters

[VERY OLD AND BROKEN, DON'T DOWNLOAD]

Postby KingdomKrafters » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 pm

This mod no longer works.

I dont even know how people are finding it, its so old and I hoped people would just forget it exists.
Last edited by KingdomKrafters on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cocofang

Re: [MOD] System Changes

Postby Cocofang » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:21 am

How can I make this work with CE Infinite?

I tried putting it in front of or after the CE mods and it still shows the inflated CE Infinite prices.
DaRealJagur

Postby DaRealJagur » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 am

This mod is not working for me. appears to be a problem with the inner path? Here is the slipstream readout of the attempts to patch. this is the same for all mods listed here not just easy prices.

Code: Select all

INFO  FTLModManager - Using FTL dats path from config: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background hashing finished.
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background metadata caching finished.
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ManagerFrame - Patching...
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "ftl.dat"...
INFO  ModPatchThread -
INFO  ModPatchThread - Installing mod: easy prices.ftl
WARN  ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: nullblueprints.xml
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "ftl.dat" (217304400 bytes affected)

AlexStardust

Postby AlexStardust » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 pm

DaRealJagur wrote:This mod is not working for me. appears to be a problem with the inner path? Here is the slipstream readout of the attempts to patch. this is the same for all mods listed here not just easy prices.

Code: Select all

INFO  FTLModManager - Using FTL dats path from config: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background hashing finished.
INFO  ModsScanThread - Background metadata caching finished.
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ManagerFrame - Patching...
INFO  ManagerFrame -
INFO  ModPatchThread - Restoring vanilla "ftl.dat"...
INFO  ModPatchThread -
INFO  ModPatchThread - Installing mod: easy prices.ftl
WARN  ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: nullblueprints.xml
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "ftl.dat" (217304400 bytes affected)

After going through a ton of testing I've found that this is because SSM uses ftl files as zipped folder and just adds all of the mods onto a similarly unpacked core game data file, right now this mod doesn't have the internal file structure used to orient the mod manager, so it has no idea what to do and just gives up, try renaming the files to .zips instead of .ftls, extract them, and put the files inside into a folder named "data", after that, rezipping the file, and turning it back into a .ftl should fix the problem, when I get a chance I'll post fixed versions of all of them so that people can just use the files like normal mods.
Vicerion17

Postby Vicerion17 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:49 pm

Not sure if this was ever fixed or not but I can't get any of them to work, also tried the advice above but no go but that might be my fault and I did it wrong. I converted it to .zip and extracted the sole file inside which was a .append file, put that into a file named data then turned that into a .ftl which didn't work when tried. I thought I might have misunderstood something so instead I moved the .append file into a new folder named data, put the data into another new folder named the same as the original then turned that into a .ftl but still no go. Looks like the life of a modder isn't for me.
Bienxanh

Postby Bienxanh » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:22 am

Not sure if this was ever fixed or not but I can't get any of them to work, also tried the advice above but no go but that might be my fault and I did it wrong. I converted it to .zip and extracted the sole file inside which was a .append file, put that into a file named data then turned that into a .ftl which didn't work when tried. I thought I might have misunderstood something so instead I moved the .append file into a new folder named data, put the data into another new folder named the same as the original then turned that into a .ftl but still no go. Looks like the life of a modder isn't for me.
imarockstar

Postby imarockstar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:57 pm

I'm new to the Division franchise so I had no expectations going in to The Division 2 about how anything should work. I've seen a few unhappy posts pop up about how the mod system has changed since TD1 with respect to mods being a pair of +/- tradeoffs rather than a flat boost. I wanted to offer an alternative perspective from a new player.

PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE WAY MODS WORK, IT'S PERFECT!

It is a system that doesn't make your weapons better, it makes them different. And I love that. The type of build diversity this enables is going to be critical for a game focused on the gun-play. If you want a better gun then grind out a better base weapon, but the ability to tweak a gun to our preference with mods is fantastic. And at no point do you have to worry about getting judged for not having the best mod; you just need the mod that most fits your play-style.

I just had to say farewell on PC to a fantastic and underrated shooter called Blacklight: Retribution, and they had exactly this same type of system. Mods with +/- tradeoffs that let you customize your weapon to taste. The amount of build diversity and constant tinkering this allowed for was phenomenal.

With no expectations from TD1, I'm super excited to see the same type of system in The Division 2 :)