[SHIP] The power problem

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
LizardNips

[SHIP] The power problem

Postby LizardNips » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm

The first ship I post on the forum, any feedback is welcome.

Weapons:
Dual laser
Mini beam

most importantly: a lvl. 2 battery with a battery charger. this is going to be very important, as the ship starts out with only one power bar and a zoltan.
that about covers it, you also get an engi to keep the zoltan company.

massive thanks to arfy for sorting out the interior images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fordtqy7ubvhoe8/ThePowerProblem4.ftl
Last edited by LizardNips on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arfy

Re: [SHIP] The power problem

Postby Arfy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Gratz on your first ship mod!

To start off; the oxygen room, weapons room, and shields room don't have the correct images (the gibs and floor are also off) See discord DM for the correction file! (edit, looks like you have already seen it, ignore)

Onto the ship itself:

(Playing on AE Hard) For one, it's a very hard ship to play, and I quite like the challenge, you could say it's a harder variant of the Cerenkov.

However it does spark an issue: you actually have too little power at the start, (For reference, the Cerenkov had 4 zoltan, 2 reactor power, and a backup batter) perhaps give the ship an extra Zoltan? Would certainly make the ship slightly easier to play.

Also, the ship class in the hangar is "Spotter" which IICR is from Biohazard's Spotter ship? Perhaps you could change that yourself.

Overall not a terrible ship, but still needs some tweaking to lift it from the UP (pun...?) stage.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Also, the ship class in the hangar is "Spotter" which IICR is from Biohazard's Spotter ship? Perhaps you could change that yourself.

Isn't the Spotter just a Federation Bomber rotated 90 degrees? Or am I missing something subtle here?
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

stylesrj wrote:Isn't the Spotter just a Federation Bomber rotated 90 degrees? Or am I missing something subtle here?

It is. Luckily without the restrictions that one came with.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.