[Ship] Silver (Federation Mail Runner)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jimli_

[Ship] Silver (Federation Mail Runner)

Postby Jimli_ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Only a couple thousand built, these small ships are the perfect choice for smuggling secret data or cargo. While the ship's impressive engine power and cloaking technology makes it easy to outrun enemies and avoid fights, it doesn't hold well against larger cruisers. To compensate for this, the Federation has given you some experimental weaponry.

Click Here to Download

A Mail Runner class transport ship! Runs blockades and is quite speedy. The ship has a couple special features, the main one of which is the option to choose a skilled crew member whenever you enter a civilian sector. The other special feature is the Dual Laser you start with, which has had it's cool down reduced from 10 seconds to 7 seconds, making a pretty powerful support weapon.

It's important to note that this mod uses 5thHorseMan's Low O2 mod. It comes built into this mod, so there's no need to download the other mod. Full credit to him for that portion.

Hope you enjoy!
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship] Silver (Federation Mail Runner)

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:06 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 am

Woah only 12 minutes survived there. Do you think it's unbalanced? I was able to win with it, but I also got a bit lucky with events giving me good weapons and a zoltan shield.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:36 am

Jimli_ wrote:Woah only 12 minutes survived there. Do you think it's unbalanced? I was able to win with it, but I also got a bit lucky with events giving me good weapons and a zoltan shield.

my suggestion, 2 of those dual lasers, maybe rename them to make them special.

Maybe start with Engi Medi bots due to the one room med bay and the small amount of room, so if ya got boarded ya don't die horribly because some JA is hogging the med bay

I'll say this, great hull you do that yourself. Because if so you got great talent, if ya didn't still good work translating it to FTL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 am

All the stuff I've done is original, thanks. I'll work on balancing it a little, maybe give it a modified heal bomb or something.
ImageImageImage
Trumanhanson117

Postby Trumanhanson117 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:03 pm

The Dropbox link is just giving an error whenever I download it
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:39 am

Hey sorry mate, creator here and I just hopped on to have a look at this. I guess the link broke at some point and I don't have the original files for this craft anymore, sorry.
ImageImageImage