[MOD] High-res background graphics [V1.0]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mattimao

Re: [MOD] High-res background graphics

Postby mattimao » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I would really like to see this released! It will be a great improvement to the game.
Thanks in advance. :D
Cthulhus

Postby Cthulhus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm

when do you think that mod will be available for download ? Does it will include the "second" mod shown on the pictures ?
splette

Postby splette » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm

I am pretty sure you can add more planet images. Have a look at events_imageList.xml in data.dat. The contents should be pretty self–explanatory.

Thanks chronial, I wasn't aware of that file. I hadn't looked at the xml files at all, so far. So, in this case I will add more planets and backgrounds, so it gets less repetitive. This means the release will be pushed back a little, I'd say later next week. I want to make sure everything looks good.

As for the other mod (replacing the outline-style font on the buttons) it will take me longer. There are plenty of buttons and I think I will release that seperately because I am not sure that everyne who likes to have new planets also wants the font upgrade. However, if the new fonts are liked by the majority here, it might make sense to release it together.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for working on this splette! I'm really liking what I am seeing so far!

Any chance we could get an Earth? Suns of different stellar categories? A black hole?

Also, if you need any help with the XML to implement your new planets, you can always send me a PM.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
splette

Postby splette » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback. That is certainly motivating me to working and finishing this soon.

Yes, if you have further ideas for backgrounds and planets, post them here or send me a PM.

I like the idea of a black hole but I rather don't add earth because for me it'd feel out of place. My understanding is that those sectors are light years away.
got_milk

Postby got_milk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Looks very promising! I actually messed with some of the planets to remove the jagged edges but this is just of the hook.

Can't wait for your first release.
Cthulhus

Postby Cthulhus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm

a Saturn like planet?
Honelith

Postby Honelith » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Looks really nice. Can't wait to use it.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 am

Mmm, it's true: do you think you could add more images of close-range stars and then randomize the one selected, to add more variety: for instance, you could add a smaller blue star, which, since it's hotter than an orange one, would also have the same effect than a closer orange one.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am

Looks great, it will be the first mod I will install!
My tumblr about stocks, trading and so on: http://fritzmeisterzor.tumblr.com/