[MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer!

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am

Advanced Limited Time Offer! Base v1.0.1

- added compatibility for FTL 1.6.3 (yet still backwards-compatible with FTL 1.5.13)

vanilla FTL has a warning message when you get a system through an event that 'you have x amount of system slots left'... in Limited Time Offer! that isn't really true, since you can buy systems through the LTO menu (go past the system cap). FTL 1.6 onwards broke the file called misc.xml.append, so the proper file is now there, and what's more, FTL 1.6 gets rid of some hardcoded shenanigans so the "warning message" is now much cleaner than before. :)

it's a pretty minor update, but the vanilla warning is false with LTO on and leaving it like that could make someone think they can't go past the system cap when in fact yes, you can.

--
----
in other news, I'm planning on updating the consumable pricing for the Arsenal+ patch to reflect Arsenal+ prices (bit worse for fuel, much better for missiles and drone parts), so expect an update on that soon. 8-)
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer!

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 pm

darn, I accidentally edited the body of this message with the update following it. I hope there's a way to recover the old message. :oops:

in any case, this update brought all 3 of the mods, the base mod and the two compatibility patches to Version 1.0.2, which iirc made some menu changes with regards to the consumables' pricing, and also addressed the change in pricing of the CE artillery system.

refer to the change logs of each mod for more details.
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD] Advanced Limited Time Offer

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Advanced LTO Patch - Arsenal+ Compatibility v1.0.3
following Arsenal+ English update v1.6, cost of mind control is raised from 50-58 to 65-75.

sure this isn't a benefit, but I mean c'mon, LTO is already enough cheese as is, so why not keep to the actual system price range and update?
IMeViper

Postby IMeViper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 am

Hello there,
I dont know if u are still in to FTL but if so please note that the mod is not working for me and i realy would like to try it.
I am currently playing FTL 1.6.3 advanced edition via Steam and i am not using any other mods that interact with the shop.
justhavingfunman

Postby justhavingfunman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:55 am

I've been looking at the FTL.log.. And I have to ask.. why is the "LTO_SYSTEM_REPLACED" commented out even though its referred to 10 times in the CE patch?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 am

justhavingfunman wrote:I've been looking at the FTL.log.. And I have to ask.. why is the "LTO_SYSTEM_REPLACED" commented out even though its referred to 10 times in the CE patch?

ok thanks for pointing this out. it looks like a bug from an update to the base that didn't make it to the CE patch.

basically without the extra choice step it floods the system selection event with the "you can hold x more slots" text for every single choice that adds another system. but in the case of replacing systems, you're not adding another one, so the text doesn't appear and system installment can be done right there.
justhavingfunman

Postby justhavingfunman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:04 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
justhavingfunman wrote:I've been looking at the FTL.log.. And I have to ask.. why is the "LTO_SYSTEM_REPLACED" commented out even though its referred to 10 times in the CE patch?

ok thanks for pointing this out. it looks like a bug from an update to the base that didn't make it to the CE patch.

basically without the extra choice step it floods the system selection event with the "you can hold x more slots" text for every single choice that adds another system. but in the case of replacing systems, you're not adding another one, so the text doesn't appear and system installment can be done right there.

So would commenting it back in be alright or would it have unforseen consequences?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:02 am

justhavingfunman wrote:So would commenting it back in be alright or would it have unforseen consequences?

no, there shouldn't be any problems, it's just that an extra choice step is unnecessary. I'll try and update it when i can, probably some time this week.