[AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
nthroot

Re: [AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Postby nthroot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, the clone room has remote doors connecting to pretty much any place on the actual ship.

What are remote doors?
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:53 pm

nthroot wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, the clone room has remote doors connecting to pretty much any place on the actual ship.

What are remote doors?

The doors on this ship are all connected to the clone room, basically they're doors that aren't actually connected, but are connected in the code.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:21 pm

I tested this and got a "fuck you" moment and the clonebay got destroyed

Good Game

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:45 am

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:And people didn't believe me that the clone statis thing might be helpful XD
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:50 pm

No, I actualy believe Only Vanilla FTL and my mods Which contains No logic breaking rooms because
1. this maybe the ONLY mod that has Floating Non-Existence room with no Hull with room
2. Clone Stasis Is not a thing im sure, im sorry you made the 'AUG' but idc it takes 200 hours it just doesn't flow with Nostalgia FTL
3. Logic Breaks and Only about 20 people can do this Example: Nicholas Cage
4. im laughing my ass off because 2 things
1a. You Reading this or probally skinning this
2a. im watching Niel Breen movies no seriously its so bad its good heres his website

Fateful findings: http://fatefulfindings.biz/
his newest movie: http://www.pass-thru-film.com/

EDIT: this is a more Detailed Version how i died
Oxygen Depleted
Clone Bay Destroyed
Everybody died From lack of Oxygen halfway threw fixing clonebay

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 am

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:-snip-

Actually no, I've made no augments, that comes with either vanilla or CE, and the rest of what you posted makes no sense.
Squishybrick

Postby Squishybrick » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:26 am

Here's my take on this ship, from having played it myself.

Starting off with 2 drones, and drone recovery arm made a potentially challenging ship MUCH easier to deal with, and stocking it
full of backup-DNA-Clone holograms makes fending off boarding attempts a total breeze.

And the increased max health made tanking enemy fire whilst under-equipped to fight back also much easier.

This is a ship that was so over-compensated with buffs that it feels like playing with training wheels. With the drone recovery arm,
all you really have to do is buy up a good number of beefy drones, and stock your arsenal with any flavor of pew-pew you desire, and
nothing will stand in your way.

This ship is a perfect example of how OP (and fun) drone-spam can be, when you have the drone recovery arm.

Watching crew vanish into the quantum zone, enemy bombs somehow killing someone who was in a completely different room, doors randomly
taking fire from boarders that teleported into the quantum zone and dying there, constantly hearing the death cries of the non-AI
crew that were recruited, and trying to figure out which of my hard-to-see semi-transparent colorful holograms were supposed to be
manning what station after they respawned, did add a spice of hilarity to what would've just been a slightly boring cheese run. If I had a
nickel for every time I yelled "How did you get over there? You're supposed to be in- WHERE IS THE CAPTAIN?".

This ship got way too powerful way too fast though. I already had 4 2-power drones and 3 2-power weapons by sector 4, with only 2 shield
bubbles and around 4 in engines. That was all I needed. The enemy got overwhelmed so fast, and there were so many bullets flying around,
it was impossible to keep track of anything, as I just laid back and enjoyed the intense fireworks show before the enemy promptly died.

If I had to suggest anything for this ship, I'd say remove the extra max hull points. That extra 15 was just way too much, and made an already
hard-to-kill ship just far too tanky.. It's an AI ship, it's supposed to be squishy, and besides, how on earth could one worry about damage when
you could just put 1-2 high grade defense drones and NEVER have to worry about missiles or drones ever again?

If you wanted to make a "Hard mode" variant of this ship, I'd suggest removing the drone recovery arm and backup DNA augments, and give the ship 20 or so
drones to start with. But at that point, you're basically just an alternate version of the 686 Apollo.