[Ship-pack][AE][CE ready] The AI-cruisers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

[Ship-pack][AE][CE ready] The AI-cruisers

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Origin
With 3 AI ships under my belt, I thought it might be fitting to bundle them into 1 mod. Thought it would be a fitting final project for my FTL modding career.
Which in this case required more than just merging the files... So after some hard work and yelling at the screen why things weren't going like I wanted them to, here it is : The AI-cruisers.

The Anomaly
A rebel AI ship that became self aware. It now seeks to destroy the rebels and found its chance to do so with the Federation.
The Triumvirate
A ternary of AI ships. Each ship with its own function but working together as one. Destroying one disables the others.
Scrapper S-063B
An autonomous scrapper ship designed by the Rebels to salvage parts and scrap from decommissioned, captured or destroyed ships.

Download
Dropbox : link
Mediafire : link

Summary
The ships replace the Federation Cruiser A, B and C respectively. The starting beacon has been altered to keep the unique beginning of the Scrapper without giving it to the other 2 ships as well.
Artillery is available for purchase on all 3 ships in standard AE. Buying artillery means you have to finish the run without quitting the game. Starting with artillery (on the Triumvirate) is fine.

Other useful info
All systems are available for purchase with Oxygen being priced at 50. (Rather than the default 0.)

CE compatible but not required.

Original ships
For more information on each of the ships, visit the original threads here :
The Anomaly
The Triumvirate
Scrapper S-063B

Issues :
[*]The standard shenanigans from playing an AI-ship :
Loosing crew through events if you don't have actual crew crashes the game. You're fine if you "win the roll" (a.k.a don't loose crew). Fix
Crew can't be bought in stores but can be acquired through events.
Sensors stay at lvl 1 in nebulae and during the flagship fight.
[*]For the Triumvirate : Don't jump when there are crewmembers or interior drones "in transit" between two ships as it crashes the game. Also, don't power down interior drones when they are in there.
[*]For the Scrapper S-063B : Make sure to take the blue option at the starting beacon and make sure you reach the follow up quest. Or you''re going to have a bad time. ;)

Credit
Kartoflane : Creator of the Superluminal program
Sleeper Service : For the weapon art and animations as well as the gibs used for the Scrapper S-063B
Everyone who helped creating the 3 ships.
You : For reading and potentially trying out the AI-Cruisers.
Last edited by Biohazard063 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
r4d6

Re: [Ship-pack][AE][CE ready] The AI-cruisers

Postby r4d6 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 pm

I can't play with any of those ship in CE
r4d6

Postby r4d6 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:43 pm

r4d6 wrote:I can't play with any of those ship in CE

Nothing It just that the CE said place the mod like this in SMM, With the Ship mod at the top, but for playing ship with modded ship, you need to place them at the BOTTOM. for be able to playing them.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 am

r4d6 wrote:Nothing It just that the CE said place the mod like this in SMM, With the Ship mod at the top, but for playing ship with modded ship, you need to place them at the BOTTOM. for be able to playing them.

Indeed, that's generally the way mods should be patched in.

Overhaul mods (like CE and sM PK) then ships. Visuals can generally be placed wherever.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.