[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.2 "GAUSS WHAT?!"

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:42 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Here's an imgur gallery of most of the weapons I've made (and only like 10 of them are in a mod currently :roll: )
http://imgur.com/a/qnwr6

(some highlights)

R4V3-0N wrote:...for my upcoming energy pack mod named "Rave on!"

Combustible lemons FTW.

These are super cool! You must release this new weapons pack when you get the chance. It's been a really long time.

EDIT: This has been an issue for a while...

Biohazard063 wrote:No spoilers or anything but I think you should have a look at the Rotary autocannon.
Seems to be something wrong with that one as it just shows the basic laser model.

I suspect you just missed a space or something.

EDIT 2: Found the problem.

Code: Select all

> data/dlcBlueprints.xml.append

~ Strict XML Parser Issues:
  ! <!-- No other dashes should touch. -->
  ! <count...>...</boost>
  ! Fix this and try again:
  org.jdom2.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 42: The element type "boost" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</boost>".
  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
  </weaponBlueprint>
  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

From the mod manager's validation function

It's under </boost> for the Rotary Autocannon Mk I.

<type>cooldown</type>
<amount>5</amount>
<count>3
</count>

That little red "less than" symbol is missing in your code. Somehow that screwed up the weapon's animation sheet and fire sounds, and I think it also made the Rotary Autocannon Mk II. unobtainable. Weird.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Electrolf

Postby Electrolf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 am

Hello! :3

It's a great mod, but I think the spawn rate of the weapons and specially of the drones are a bit to high, I mean, multiple runs, I don't see so often my other weapons anymore, not normal, not CE, no other weapon packs, in every shop almost is at least one ballistic weapon or ballistic drone! D:

The Shop will offer them to often, even on late game levels it will get to often spawned in shops.

But you still do a great work! Thanks!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:-snip-

Thanks, As you may have noticed I haven't made a comment or much work here for awhile. The reasoning being mostly IRL reasons and issues with stress (economic, mental, etc). Which sucks because it means I do not have the time for coding but I do (as it relaxes me) give me a lot of sprites to do and stuff... I have made so many weapons for FTL of which only the tip of the iceberg...

I haven't touched GO BALLISTIC! Version 1.3 in a long time, and I haven't touched any of my other weapon packs in a long time either and it's particularly the coding problem I have (wish someone could help me with the coding part...).

I will try to push for a GB 1.3 this month perhaps and try to get your fix in though no promises. It should include some new weapons soon but as soon as I run into errors with those new weapons (which happens half the time) I think I might need to drop them... But I am feeling a bit pessimistic, one of my friends suggest that I should reach out for help more often when I am struggling instead of think I can deal with it myself and with that I must ask: Chrono Vortex... do you want to help me out to finish these weapon packs?

I do not know how to pay you for your kindness if you do accept my request... I am currently not doing to hot economically and even then I never had the need to get a credit card or anything and thus I can't really pay you with money... But I did spy with my little eye you are interested in Hyperspace Admirals modding so perhaps in exchange for you helping me with code, I could try to help you with sprites?... this is assuming you would like payment of any form.

Electrolf wrote:Hello! :3

It's a great mod, but I think the spawn rate of the weapons and specially of the drones are a bit to high, I mean, multiple runs, I don't see so often my other weapons anymore, not normal, not CE, no other weapon packs, in every shop almost is at least one ballistic weapon or ballistic drone! D:

The Shop will offer them to often, even on late game levels it will get to often spawned in shops.

But you still do a great work! Thanks!

Hello!

my original idea was to make most of these weapons sector specific (Civilian, Priate, Rebel, (Federation and Industrial in CE).) and rarer in other sectors. But I currently lack the skills (and time, but for this case mostly skills) to make it sector specific and thus this is sort of an "early beta" test version so to say. I will reduce the spawn rates in version 1.3.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I will try to push for a GB 1.3 this month perhaps and try to get your fix in though no promises. It should include some new weapons soon but as soon as I run into errors with those new weapons (which happens half the time) I think I might need to drop them... But I am feeling a bit pessimistic, one of my friends suggest that I should reach out for help more often when I am struggling instead of think I can deal with it myself and with that I must ask: Chrono Vortex... do you want to help me out to finish these weapon packs?

I do not know how to pay you for your kindness if you do accept my request... I am currently not doing to hot economically and even then I never had the need to get a credit card or anything and thus I can't really pay you with money... But I did spy with my little eye you are interested in Hyperspace Admirals modding so perhaps in exchange for you helping me with code, I could try to help you with sprites?... this is assuming you would like payment of any form.

I'd love to help! Your weapons are all really cool, it'd be such a shame if they never got released just over a matter of code. Just let me know what you want me to do with what. I could also just refer to the weapon stats you have on imgur if those are all still up to date. You'll have to PM me all the glow, shot and explosion images and animations at some point so I can code them in too. Also, do you still want the sound effects for the PPCs to be those ones from Mechcommander 2? Because I still have them sitting in a folder somewhere on my computer if you do.

As for returning the favor, if you're getting so overwhelmed by IRL stuff, I really don't mind just helping out for the sake of getting your mod finished. Though, if you do find the time and lack-of-stress, there is something I could use some help with. I'm hesitant to do any stuff for Hyperspace Admirals because I'm not sure what will be possible modding-wise, and I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to mod it. But I've had it in my head to make a version of the rebel flagship based on this thing for a while, but I really lack the artistic skill to make it happen. And, judging from the work you've done (especially these! I mean, holy crap, they look awesome), you'd be way better at it than I am.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I will try to push for a GB 1.3 this month perhaps and try to get your fix in though no promises. It should include some new weapons soon but as soon as I run into errors with those new weapons (which happens half the time) I think I might need to drop them... But I am feeling a bit pessimistic, one of my friends suggest that I should reach out for help more often when I am struggling instead of think I can deal with it myself and with that I must ask: Chrono Vortex... do you want to help me out to finish these weapon packs?

I'd love to help! Your weapons are all really cool, it'd be such a shame if they never got released just over a matter of code. Just let me know what you want me to do with what. I could also just refer to the weapon stats you have on imgur if those are all still up to date. You'll have to PM me all the glow, shot and explosion images and animations at some point so I can code them in too. Also, do you still want the sound effects for the PPCs to be those ones from Mechcommander 2? Because I still have them sitting in a folder somewhere on my computer if you do.

As for returning the favor, if you're getting so overwhelmed by IRL stuff, I really don't mind just helping out for the sake of getting your mod finished. Though, if you do find the time and lack-of-stress, there is something I could use some help with. I'm hesitant to do any stuff for Hyperspace Admirals because I'm not sure what will be possible modding-wise, and I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to mod it. But I've had it in my head to make a version of the rebel flagship based on this thing for a while, but I really lack the artistic skill to make it happen. And, judging from the work you've done (especially these! I mean, holy crap, they look awesome), you'd be way better at it than I am.

Well,. it's nearly 6 am here my time. I think we should continue this in Private messages. But to not leave most people here hanging on a cliff hanger:

I would be happy to work with you and I will like to arrange a good time to get us sorted soon (I am currently in the state where I forget which is and isn't broken in my list of WIP mods, so we may need to scrap some code and start over or go through some time and filtering. But after that it'll be clean). I do have some interests in event coding (mostly blue options: nothing to huge) but that can be left for a later version of this mod.

Also those old things for HA? ha, tbh I've been working on another race, sort of themed on the idea of a plague like salt/ metallic creature that also can be 'bio ships' (but Silicon based life instead of carbon), I'll talk more about them on the HA forums soon(tm) but this is the multiple stages of it covering/ converting a low tech cruiser into the "Salt low tech cruiser" (salt is the WIP name. similar to how the WIP name of Slugs were "Jelly").

Just a lil teaser here... I've also been practicing sprite art for other things too... I have interests in making my own games soon (but as you know I need to find, or learn how to code. Thinking of going to university to learn some programming) which I will share in PM's as it is less relevant... I am more then happy to help you with your request, we'll need to talk about how to FTL-inize that design and how to adapt it (especially as a flagship replacer) in further detail...

A recap on what I planed initially for version 1.3:

A quick list of things to come in 1.3:

Gauss, LB-X, Machine gun, etc drones!
Blue events for ranged combat using the Gauss rifles! (will be heavily WIP and not able to function with CE yet. in all events where you see an enemy first you got an opportunity to 'strike' at the enemy first, causing them to be scared off, damaged in some ways (ie: reduced reactor power or what ever system you 'hit', etc) or in rare instances take out a ship instantly. I will later on adapt this for later mods using ranged weaponry as well as make a CE update personally to allow for ranged combat (as well as put the Vindicator beam, artillery cannons, etc into it)
Some other things in this update will be Anti Personnel Gauss rifles (picture the CE light lasers sorta)
Properly set up the rarity of items depending on sector (pirate, civilian, and in CE Federation sector will be more likely to sell these then say a zoltan or rock sector for eg.)
What else what else....oh yes, I will also be working on Light autocannons (similar to the standards but has lower power requirements and deal only system damage.).

I also want to explore an idea with Light Auto cannons. is it possible for me to giving it the damage value of 0.5 and give it double damage against hull: making it do hull damage only to system less rooms?

Also based on something that someone has done earlier on the forums (and by earlier I think it's over a year now) do projectiles that have a damage value bellow 1 (or no value at all) able to destroy drones? if so I think i know how to make an Anti-Drone weapon intended to knock out the enemy ship defence drones...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SaturnCelestial

Postby SaturnCelestial » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 am

Heya, is development still going here? Any help or support you need? I only ask because you mentioned releasing something 'round April, and I was pretty excited since it would've been right around my birthday.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 am

SaturnCelestial wrote:Heya, is development still going here? Any help or support you need? I only ask because you mentioned releasing something 'round April, and I was pretty excited since it would've been right around my birthday.

Ho boy, it's been awhile, huh? Hiatus struck, but I think we're gonna start work on it again. I've been re-familiarizing myself with what needs to get done, and there's actually not too much left before it's fit for release.

Maybe we'll even get it out around Christmas. That would be pretty sweet.
Fritz1776

Postby Fritz1776 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:56 pm

The comparability version for CE works with both GB 1.2 and the current CE version right?
Chrono Vortex

Re: GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:02 pm

After copious amounts of shameless procrastination, version 1.3 of GO BALLISTIC! aka "OFF THE RAILS!" is finally done! Hurray!

This update includes railguns, new drones for pretty much every weapon type in the pack, some other assorted weapons like the "Assault Gauss," fancy new sounds (mostly from Red Alert 2), and a bunch of blue options for ranged weapons.

Ranged weapons include most gauss, coilguns and railguns, as well as the vanilla artillery beam on the federation cruiser. These events usually pop up to give you an opportunity for a first-strike against an enemy vessel, though there are a few others. If you want to check if something is ranged, take a look at the tip for the weapon in the equipment tab.

Captain's Edition compatibility is also a thing this update deals with. I thought that the fix I did for CE's weapon lists would make this mod (and other weapon packs, for that matter) completely CE compatible, but I missed a spot, soooo... now there needs to be a patch. It's just called "GO BALLISTIC! CE Fixes." There's also a "GO BALLISTIC! CE Content Patch," which adds some ranged weapon events for Captain's Edition.

DESPITE what the CE thread says, THIS is the load order you'll need to use:

Code: Select all

| GO BALLISTIC! CE Fixes
| All CE resources, data and patches (in the order specified in the CE thread)
| GO BALLISTIC! (main mod)
| GO BALLISTIC! CE Content Patch
V Any ship mods you are using

I didn't get a chance to test everything before Christmas, so if you find something screwy with one of the new events or weapons, don't hesitate to post it. I also didn't finish all the events yet, so we'll probably be releasing something along the lines of "version 1.3.5" for the sake of polish in the near future.

R4V3-0N seems to be a bit busy at the moment, so I'll put the download links here for now:

Download "GO BALLISTIC!" v1.3

CE Fixes
CE Content Patch

Fritz1776 wrote:The comparability version for CE works with both GB 1.2 and the current CE version right?

I'm fairly certain that the compatibility version is obsolete now, 1.3 should work perfectly with CE provided you install the patches correctly and I didn't miss anything.
balmung60

Postby balmung60 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:38 am

First off, great mod, I love the kinetic weapons.

In my most recent game, I scored a machine gun array early on and it is brutal once the enemy's shields are down. And while they're up, it is a peerless weapons skill trainer.

Though of perhaps more note, I also managed to buy a "Drone Gauss", which I think is supposed to be the weapon on a Gauss Drone. Of course, as a weapon on a ship, there's the little problem that it costs no power and has an infinite rate of fire, shredding everything in about 5 seconds.