fdagpigj

Re: Master Mod List - Advanced Edition

Postby fdagpigj » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:March update ...

Not May? :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Mindless copy paste or time paradox? Beats me. :D Corrected now.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:08 pm

New Ships One not Original and two Original and fully optimized
https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 11&t=30747
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30755
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30749
Thanks
-ThePlayerFromSteam

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:00 pm

August update for the master mod list is live, adding 16 new mods and mod packs currently marked as [New!]

Cheers!
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:15 pm

PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 am

Maybe you should separate all the ship mods based on category. Put all the joke mods in their own list, all the blatantly overpowered ships in their own list, the edits of existing ships in their own list, the mods with entire fleets, the ones made to only work with other mods that aren't included, ships that are adapted from other games or movies in their own lists, so on and so forth. Going through all 300-ish of them whenever one wants to find a new ship to play with takes a while.

Also, I know this is completely unrelated, but would you or anyone else happen to have the Acerbus mod? The download link for it is busted.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Yeah I can see that the list got really crowded and it got hard to tell what ship individual ship mods do. However, I don't really want to pass judgement on mods here, I find that would be too subjective and might scare off new modders. Like, we'd have to define what constitutes a joke mod, what qualifies as overpowered etc. and that could get sketchy quickly. Further more, some of the categories would overlap and therefore wouldn't necessarily make it easier to find certain mod. The ship pack category might be worth considering though. And yes, I'm also lazy and not really into the idea of having to sieve through hundreds of mods in order to categorize them. :D

But yeah, as I understood the list's purpose always was to index mods, not to evaluate them. Users will need to check mods themselves to see how sophisticated they are, but in most cases that should be manageable by a quick glance on the mod thread. Pictures can go a long way there and modders can clarify what their work does by tagging their threads and providing good images.

Acerbus might be outdated then, I couldn't find a new link anywhere. Might get removed then.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

I finally got around to putting all my ships into a hub thread...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32215

Is that a thing that is added here for easier guidance?
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am

Suppose I might as well mention :
My individual ships got compiled into a single mod, available on my Mod Hub for download.
Is that a thing that qualifies to be added to the "ship packs" section or is it a "the mods are available in separate threads, so no."?
Either way, just letting you know.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.