[SHIP] Federation Defender

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Offlithium

Re: [SHIP] Federation Defender

Postby Offlithium » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:04 am

Type B and C are not appearing , only type A.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 pm

The download link you clicked gave you only the Type A ship. The main download for all three has been taken down due to bugs.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
samsaq

Postby samsaq » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:57 am

It would be awesome if this was fixed :) I really like the idea of these ships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:56 am

Would be cool if they were fixed indeed...

But sadly my PC's power supply died and when I shifted to my gaming pc (the one I do not normally mod on) my motherboard died. Now I get a borrowed laptop once a week to get academic, business, family, and checking my emails every so and so thanks to a friend. If anyone else fixes these ships up in my absence I am more then happy to put the links up on the original post, however if you guys are waiting for this to be out again sometime soon you will have to wait... how long is something I can not say.

In the mean time. Guess here's a teaser of an upcoming weapon I will one day put up here as a mod.

and for an easter egg mod... made a pair of Portal /Portal 2 themed weapons for a Portal 2 themed automated ship... a combustible lemon cannon and a combustible lemon bomb.

Just some sneak peaks of upcoming projects that will be resumed after I can get back to modding. Worst case scenario it'll be during the end of 2016/ beginning of 2017 for all these clean ups. I'm rather busy these past few months.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:17 am

R4V3-0N wrote:end of 2016/ beginning of 2017

dude , does it really take that long to buy a power supply?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:20 am

To get a good one and the money to afford it, probably. R4V3-0N has to use essentially an "emergency laptop" to get things done so it's probably a case of affordability.
Not everyone has disposable income y'know. :P
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:48 am

Offlithium wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:end of 2016/ beginning of 2017

dude , does it really take that long to buy a power supply?

I stated those dates because I am recovering from (yet again... I swear this will be a life-long problem) surgery as well as some academic and business problems (as a land lord, having one of your houses secretly decaying from the inside out and now requiring you to replace half the walls and windows as well as tenants rerunning away with $1,500 NZD at another property and falling of the face of the earth and requiring to go to tenant tribunal twice doesn't really bring in the cash, if anything it's a black hole of any form of currency but I do not need to further discuss my business problems online.) Point being money is on short hand and even if that isn't the problem I am quite busy, end of 2016 should be the time I can just lay down and mod heavily for another few months then rinse and repeat.

Sadly I do not get paid to do sprites, gibs, hulls, and pew pews... etc. FTL Mods (or making my own game... a thought I have had thousands of times. But my lack of coding knowledge often scares me away). If I do get paid, I probably would spend a lot more time on it. Probably would learn to use programs to help me code (first 2 years I was just using a notepad.txt for ftl and later went to the notepad C++... :oops: :lol: ) and try to pump out ships more regularly. Of course... This all depends really. HyperSpace Admirals is already catching my eye... really tempted to just convert FTL factions/ ships over to that game as a mod...

Speaking of mods that I will do as soon as this whole PC and Time problems are gone...

I got ideas on a (practice for my forever in-progress FTL: Engi Brigade overhaul) to make a overhaul mode for mostly rewording event texts and adding new events based on the FTL: Kestrel Adventures YT animated series which are getting pretty good with each upcoming episodes... such as the whole plot line with the Black Bird, as well as adding the FTL: KA Rebel Rigger beams that can't hurt you scene in...
https://youtu.be/rn19XjYw35Q?t=3m37s
I just love his dialogue... may set this event at a pulstar.

But anyway, a few months from now would probably be my prime time of modding...
Will finally release my energy weapon pack (beams + lasers) "Rave on!", update my Ballistic weapon pack (Go ballistic!) to fix the issue with the Rotary autocannons... add in the Assault Gauss rifles, anti drone machine guns, machine gun drone, and add the event system allowing the player to target ships before the battle starts with long range weapons (rail guns, gauss rifles, etc) allowing you to scare them away, destroy them, or start battle with them disadvantaged. etc.... Start creating the mod that I do not have a name for that focuses on Ion and electricity based weapons (ion blasts, anti-ion blasts, tesla cannons, tesla bombs, etc)...
with the energy weapon pack done I will release my Federation Fleet Cruiser ship that is on hold, update and fix the Federation Defender...

What else... I had some other plan that I wanted to finish before 2016 ends... I do believe it's me finishing up on my slug ship that I started working on but never finished and my Mantis MInelayer (a ship that's in Captains Edition already but never released the mod for it)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Have these ships been abandoned? :cry:
With up to 4 different schemes, this is something I really would like to test!
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:41 am

Auron1 wrote:Have these ships been abandoned? :cry:
With up to 4 different schemes, this is something I really would like to test!

Currently, I am under lots of stress and pressure in real life currently due to a whole lotta reasons. I am mostly doing things that I feel like doing and then work my way to updating ol' mods such as this.
Currently I am going to release this mod into two different versions:
one with the drone turret, and one without.

From memory, I want to release a mod similar to my "GO BALLISTIC!" mod called "Rave" which will be energy weapons focused instead of ballistics. More lasers and beams... with this mod out- the Federation Defender will mostly use the weapons of this pack.
The reason I didn't update sooner was that superluminal the ship creator bugged up my mod and didn't want to load it, so in a way for everything but the graphics I had to start from scratch. Wasn't the most fun thing I had planned that tiresome afternoon.

As mentioned not to many comments ago: do expect these mods to be updated before to far into 2017, expect October/ December/ January- keep in mind, before then and now, you will see a GO BALLISTIC! mod update to update version 1.3 including blue text events, gauss drones, machine gun drones, and more weapons... an energy weapon update, adding more weapons similar to captain editions light lasers, more beams, etc... and potentially you will see some early event mods I've made for a number of ships so stay tuned!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
tecknoviking

Postby tecknoviking » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 am

lol im necroposting this sooooo hard but could I use your hull image for your federation defender? Your hull image is so sexy but your mod is obsolete so bleeeh