[Ship] Kazaaak's Revenge

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[Ship] Kazaaak's Revenge

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:33 pm

When the legendary Mantis Thief Kazaaakplethkalik was defeated in combat, he owed his life to the Federation. In honour of this newfound friendship, he sent the schematics to a ship he had been working on to the Federation hangars called the Gila Monster.

What the Federation didn't know was that the Mantis actually had another ship that was even better than that. For you see, when they said Kazaaak was a legendary thief, they meant it.
He and his fellow broodmates had stolen countless ships over the years, creating a massive monster of a cruiser to take on the Rebels. He called it Kazaaak's Revenge:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rec30 ... evenge.ftl

A few things to know about Kazaaak's Revenge:

My first public ship mod so you know, newbie mistakes will be made.
It replaces the Mantis A in the hangar.
There is no icon on the ship list.
There are no gibs. Ship explodes, it just vanishes.
No other mods are needed.

Weapons & Crew:
2 Dual lasers
2 Spare Weapons slots
4 Drone Slots
1 Boss Artillery Missile Launcher
4-man teleport
4-man Medbay
2 Mantises
1 Engi
1 Lanius

Augments:
Mantis Pheromones (essentially 40 extra scrap or if you're playing Captain's Edition, you can do piracy and slave taking)

The ship may be a little OP. If you have any suggestions on how to make it less so, do let me know. Does it need less Dual Lasers? Having a Boss Missile for artillery is too much? Too many airlocks? Checkerboard pattern on rooms?

Fun fact:
I had made Kazaaak's Revenge earlier in Federation colours, or at least attempted to. Should I make a Type B of this?

Sovereighn2280

Re: [Ship] Kazaaak's Revenge

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 am

I like the reflections on the engines. A type B wouldn't be a bad idea.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:38 am

Well the engines were quickly recoloured and I'm not exactly an expert in recolouring stuff (See that second cruiser. First job, only knew about the area fill). So the excuse as to why they're shiny is that well... Kazaaak recently looted them from a Federation cruiser and the paint is barely dry.
I think I need to adjust the offsets a little though as the engine glows at the back are cut off a bit by the game itself.

As for the Type B... how does a 6-man teleporter, clone bay, Flak Artillery but no weapons system sound (as in it doesn't come with one initially)?

Then again, that just means you can have Hacking, Mind Control and Drones/Cloak in one package and forget about guns. Ever.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 am

stylesrj wrote:Well the engines were quickly recoloured and I'm not exactly an expert in recolouring stuff (See that second cruiser. First job, only knew about the area fill). So the excuse as to why they're shiny is that well... Kazaaak recently looted them from a Federation cruiser and the paint is barely dry.
I think I need to adjust the offsets a little though as the engine glows at the back are cut off a bit by the game itself.

As for the Type B... how does a 6-man teleporter, clone bay, Flak Artillery but no weapons system sound (as in it doesn't come with one initially)?

Then again, that just means you can have Hacking, Mind Control and Drones/Cloak in one package and forget about guns. Ever.

I don't think a teleporter can transport more than 4 people in the first place...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 pm

I guess I'll have to test it at some point.
I never really saw a need to send 6 crew over to another ship :D