[MOD] Disable Fleet (FTL file)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Joefesok

Re: [MOD] Disable Fleet (FTL file)

Postby Joefesok » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 pm

I think this mod should also randomly add elite fighter encounters, or perhaps a fleet that generates from a randomly chosen node and expands outwards.
McDougle

Postby McDougle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Oh yes! :D

Maybe now I can finally beat the game! xD
Zethren

Postby Zethren » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello,

just registered to post this.

Could you possibly upgrade this mod for the new version of FTL? Since today I get some disturbing errors (text size failures, graphical glitches and sometimes the mod doesn´t work at all).

Strangely I could still play a few rounds before those errors started to appear.

If there is a problem with an updated mod, maybe you could create a new disable-fleet-mod? ;)
Monkey Magic

Postby Monkey Magic » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm

I hated so much being rushed through each section, This mod makes the game totally awsome !
So Thanks, you get my vote.
scottyjx

Postby scottyjx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 am

Yessssssssssss! This reminds me of my favorite Spelunky mod, the one that got rid of the ghost, letting me explore each level fully. Thanks!
joojoo1975

Postby joojoo1975 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Love your Mod.

As it being too easy? I guess it depends on your 0 fuel encounters. If I never do any of the encounters then I eventually get free fuel. But I like the risk/reward ratio so every encounter I do blue(if avail) or I just go for it. Totally screwed me last time, had a rock cruiser and was making it a boarder. no fuel hit me, and first 2 encounters I lost both of my boarders(the crazy rockman was Really Lonely, I guess). after that it only took 2 AI ships with missiles to end that game.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
TommyCat

Postby TommyCat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am

The mod is incompatible with Beginning Scrap Advantage (The Default mod that comes with GMM)
Love this mod, and also love the option of having a bit more starting scrap aswell, so what is a man to do?
Maybe if you have some time you could have a look at this, if it cant be fixed then so be it. :)
Viriatha

Postby Viriatha » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 am

Seconded. I haven't actually tried your mod yet but I'm downloading now and it looks nifty enough to try even with incompatibilities but having both would rock :P

Edit: Correction - "The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire." I'll try again this evening.
SaltyWaffles

Postby SaltyWaffles » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:16 pm

aedyr wrote:Moonchild, glad you like it!

Lurkily wrote:Interesting. I enabled this in conjunction with a weapon mod, and . . . nothing.

This mod changes the START_GAME and START_BEACON events. The way Grognak's tool works, if another mod is changing those same events, there could be a conflict. Do you have a link to the one you're trying to use it with?

I get this problem as well. In my case, it conflicts with the starting bonus scrap mod, of all things, that's included with the Grognak MM. If I reverse the mod order, the bonus scrap works and this mod doesn't.
Pumpkins10

Postby Pumpkins10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

it's giving me the flavour text at the start of the game, but the fleet still comes after me, any idea whats going on/how to fix?