[SHIP][AE] Dragon Cruiser [UPDATED]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

[SHIP][AE] Dragon Cruiser [UPDATED]

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm

When I asked Gingerdragon87 what he would want in a ship if he could have any ship, this was his response.

Mantis. Both in architecture and play style. Their ships are easily my favorite looking in the game. I also quite enjoy fire weapons to back up my Mantis assaults with. Ideally, a modified version of the artillery beam that ignites fires instead of causing damage. In terms of design, similar to the Cruiser, except with the sides of a Mantis Fighter, and a slightly more aerodynamic front. -Gingerdragon87

Description: Bording-Fire ship designed for Captain Ginger Dragon. Armed with a special made Artillery Fire Beam. Comes with two large storage bays fit for the Engi-Brigade.

I believe I replicated it pretty well from what he said. Excluding the more aerodynamic front, mostly because im a splicing noob. I modified the artillery beam for fire like he wanted, and changed the audio... hehe. I took the sides off the Mantis Fighter and put them on the cruiser after taking off the default sides with the help of Photoshop's glorious masking tool and then recolored the whole thing slightly. Comes with a full mantis boarding crew and fire weapons as requested.

Systems
•Pilot: III
•Sensors: II
•Weapons: II
•Engines: III
•Shields: II
•Life Support: I
•Medbay: I
•Teleporter: I
•Artillery Beam: I

Weapons

•Dragon Laser: Laser weapon that fires 3 lasers that cause 0 damage each, similar to the Burst Laser II. Except this one ignites a massive inferno on the enemy ship with every shot. Requires 2 power.

•Ginger Beam: Modified Artillery Beam weapon, cuts through all shields and causes fires. Same upgrade concept as the Vindicator. Except this one comes with a special sound... Its fucking hilarious, trust me.

Crew

•Mantis x4

Augments

•FTL Jammer

Download Version 1.1

Code: Select all

Changlog

1.1 Fixed Sounds

1.0 Initial Release
Last edited by Anthonest on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gamer52599

Re: [SHIP][AE] Dragon Cruiser [UPDATED]

Postby gamer52599 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:01 pm

i think its best to tell you dont make clone and medbay in different rooms when you create ships there designed to be in the same room
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:50 am

gamer52599 wrote:i think its best to tell you dont make clone and medbay in different rooms when you create ships there designed to be in the same room

You have to because superliminal cannot register a clonebay and a medbay in the same room. Besides, does it really matter?
Apotheosis

Postby Apotheosis » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:46 am

i love the ship, but, when I downloaded it, your mod caused some enemy weapon firing and explosion sound to stop playing. When I deleted your mod to isolate the problem everything changed back to normal. I did try to repatch and restart before I deleted your mod. is there anything in your mod that could have caused this?
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:26 am

Apotheosis wrote:i love the ship, but, when I downloaded it, your mod caused some enemy weapon firing and explosion sound to stop playing. When I deleted your mod to isolate the problem everything changed back to normal. I did try to repatch and restart before I deleted your mod. is there anything in your mod that could have caused this?

Should be fixed now, thanks for letting me know.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Anthonest wrote:You have to because superliminal cannot register a clonebay and a medbay in the same room. Besides, does it really matter?

It actually can ;) You can assign multiple systems to the same room (that's why there's an "Assign" menu now, and the currently assigned systems listed below it)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 am

I believe the original was bumped some time ago, so here's the AE version, bumped as well.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:31 am

Anthonest wrote:
gamer52599 wrote:i think its best to tell you dont make clone and medbay in different rooms when you create ships there designed to be in the same room

You have to because superliminal cannot register a clonebay and a medbay in the same room. Besides, does it really matter?

It does. Visually it looks like only 1 system is in the room but if you click on it you can see that 2 systems are assigned to it. (or more)

Should have just asked me if you had issues ya know. if I didn't know the answer it would just be a nope and that's 10 seconds of your life lost. :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Eleila

Postby Eleila » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:26 pm

but but... where is the download :(
RedBeard

Postby RedBeard » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Eleila wrote:but but... where is the download :(

I too am super interested in this cruiser! Looks exactly like what I want. Anyway to get another DL link please? :D