[SHIP] Firefly & Reaver Firefly /w custom art (AE) UPDATED

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
MaeniAck

Re: [SHIP][GMM] Firefly ship with custom pixel art (AE suppo

Postby MaeniAck » Mon May 12, 2014 8:45 pm

English Narwhal wrote:Just a thought: If you're saying that this mod is GMM compatible, then I'd alter that to say SMM. Also, all mods are compatible with SMM- as that is the only conventional way to install mods.

It just said GMM because that is what I used myself, I had not even noticed SMM was a thing.

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:NICE! You actually made it fit into the FTL design.

Exactly what I was going for, and not such an easy job it turns out, took two good days out of me.

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:I do think the floor layout needs to be moved towards the back of the ship just a TAD so the front of the floor area isn't sticking out the side of the ship near the cockpit.

Yeah, I thought about it too, but the fit with the 'escape pods' are damn close, and the cockpit is actually placed to fit the cockpit window. And when those two just came together that nice I thought, hell if the floor plan image is sticking out a bit, I personally can live with it.
But I will consider what I can do to improve the fit of the rooms to the sprite.

Edit: I'll try to change the floor image a bit to stick less out but that's about how far I think I can get it while keeping the locations of the rooms about right.
MaeniAck

Re: [SHIP][SMM] Firefly ship with custom pixel art (AE suppo

Postby MaeniAck » Thu May 15, 2014 2:13 pm

If any of you guys who are trying out the mod could present me with some feedback on the balance it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still unsure of whether the Ion blast has any place on ship, or I should keep the Ion blast and dismiss the healing burst.

Should there be 3 crew members instead of 4? to make increase the difficulty a bit more?
The 4 crew members were to represent: Kaylee, Wash, Mal, and Zoe. But if you actually just send out all 4 they can handle pretty much anything, early on.

Cheers.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 15, 2014 4:22 pm

I haven't played it yet but it looks fine to me. The Ion Blast helps with Zoltan shields or can be sold to facilitate getting a different weapon. The ship had a medbay in the series, so switching that with the healing burst is a possibility. Swarm boarding with humans is a tactic that is not prevalent in the main game, it's something fresh and new, so I'd stick with the four crewmen. Sending all four has its unique drawbacks and to me it does not look like the ship is too strong right now.
MaeniAck

Postby MaeniAck » Sat May 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The Ion Blast helps with Zoltan shields or can be sold to facilitate getting a different weapon. The ship had a medbay in the series, so switching that with the healing burst is a possibility. Swarm boarding with humans is a tactic that is not prevalent in the main game, it's something fresh and new, so I'd stick with the four crewmen ...

Thanks, that is pretty good feedback though it's just speculation. I had not even thought of Zoltan shields and the Ion blasts effect. :D But I did consider the extra scrap you would be able to get out of selling it.
I tried a couple of things before ending on this layout, and the Healing Burst was always something I felt like was a bit out of place, but a good portion of the test-runs I did without it, I lost two or more crew members before getting the possibility of purchasing any more. and due to such an inconvenience I thought I would include it. But now I'm thinking of making a Loadout B for it with some alterations.

Let's see if I have the time for that :P.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Mon May 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Shiny!

Great artwork. I don't often use lore breaking mods. But I might just try this.
Image - Image
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:44 am

Could you make an optional version without the rug in the sensor room? Sorry just looks so out of place and weird. I know its supposed to be part of the lore but I figured I would ask for an optional patch and see what ya thought.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:19 am

Hey, I just watched Firefly finally... been meaning to for a while. Now I want to play this ship! :D

I like the idea of boarding with 4 humans, it's a new strategy that hasn't really been done before. If I may suggest some changes though, I would say lose the heal bomb because it isn't really necessary and I would maybe swap out the Rock Plating for an FTL Recharge Booster (get it). ;) You could keep the ion blast to get through Zoltan shields I suppose, but the real Serenity didn't actually have any weapons so maybe you could lose that as well. :geek: It would be interesting to start with no weapons or weapons power at the start, but have a scrap recovery arm from the start.

Good job on the artwork also. It's amazing how you made the design fit the vanilla style!
Battleclad

Postby Battleclad » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:27 pm

I have to agree with starting with no weapons, I'd also say no teleporter as well. I'd arm it with two Boarding Drones instead and give it a minimal weapons upgrade. Were I to use your breakdown from the first post it'd be something like this:

Starting Loadout:
Rooms:
2x2 Cockpit
2x1 Door Control (moved up to the top of the neck)
2x1 Drone Control (4 Drones)
1x1 x4 Lifeboats/Crew quarters (Along the S side of the neck, doors to N side)
2x2 Medbay
2x2 Shields (Curious, has any modders tried to make dual purpose rooms? If so, unique system for the Firefly?)
2x1 Oxygen
2x1 Battery
2x2 Engines
2x1 Sensors

Weapons:
Boarding Drone
Ion Boarding Drone (re-purposed salvage/cargo bots)

Supported:
2x1 Weapon Control (2 Slots)
2x2 Clone Bay
2x1 Cloaking
2x2 Teleporter
2x1 Hacking

Augments:
Distraction Buoys
Titanium System Casing
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:26 am

I don't like the boarding drones idea because they didn't have "drones" in the Firefly series. I was thinking of ways to make it a more authentic Serenity. That would mean giving it no weapons, but they often boarded other ships in Firefly so that would mean giving it a teleporter and Scrap Recovery arm for scavenging. ;)
Battleclad

Postby Battleclad » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:05 am

Oh I know, but forcing it into drone combat is less of a break with the 'verse than transporters.

Plus it played pretty nicely until the layout decided to have image issues after a re-patch.