Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Re: [MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:52 am

They look sexy
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 am

5thHorseman wrote:I'll be using these starting on the next ship I play after the Mantis run I'm doing now. They add such character to the game.

Before opining on what you should do with the rock man, I have 2 questions:
1) How ugly is the clone bay graphic when you overlap it? Is that the only problem with making them wider?
2) Is it possible to change the clone bay graphic in any way? Maybe remove the sides or the entire border around each person to give more room for your graphics?

And now that I've asked those questions, I'll opine: ;)
Make him wider. So it'll overlap the borders (unless you can change them), it'll look cooler! :D

Well, if I break the borders of the cloning bay revival window. That would be pretty ugly.
However, I can look into changing the size and borders of that window so I have more space to work with. I already did this with the character customisation window in the hangar, where I removed and reduced some borders. It's pretty subtle. And since no one has commented on it, it seems that no one noticed yet. But that was basically the same issue.

I'll look into it.
Image - Image
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm

LordTrilobite wrote: I already did this with the character customisation window in the hangar, where I removed and reduced some borders. It's pretty subtle. And since no one has commented on it, it seems that no one noticed yet. But that was basically the same issue.

I noticed that. ;) Its not really a big deal though, as long as the portraits don't overlap the actual text they are fine.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:13 am

Anthonest wrote:They look sexy

:shock: :?
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
splette

Postby splette » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:43 pm

The new versions of Rockman and Mantis are definitely an improvement!
Haven't tried the Captain's Edition but adding a glow to the Zoltans sounds like a good idea.
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:01 am

Are there any plans to include more than one portrait for each race? It;s not so much a problem with the aliens, but when running with a mostly human crew it can be a little creepy seeing the assault of the clones every time you open your crew menu. :lol:
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
Xeotroid

Postby Xeotroid » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

That's currently not possible, it would require changing the game's code, which isn't possible at the time. You could give a shot to Overdrive, which is (currently WIP) attempt on rewriting the engine of the game and stuff like this may be implemented / possible in it, when it gets done.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Xeotroid wrote:That's currently not possible, it would require changing the game's code, which isn't possible at the time. You could give a shot to Overdrive, which is (currently WIP) attempt on rewriting the engine of the game and stuff like this may be implemented / possible in it, when it gets done.

IF it gets done. IF.
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Xeotroid wrote:That's currently not possible, it would require changing the game's code, which isn't possible at the time. You could give a shot to Overdrive, which is (currently WIP) attempt on rewriting the engine of the game and stuff like this may be implemented / possible in it, when it gets done.

It is possible with the layer system, although it would mean they wouldn't match the colour variations of the non-portrait graphics. If you were willing to get rid of all the colour variations and just have a variation in portraits it'd work all right, though.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 pm

If we're speaking about humans only, then, it's definitely good idea. More diverse look would help us "attach" to our crew members (and maybe think twice before sending them on suicide mission while possessing clone bay ;) ).

For other races, it would be silly - blue mantis with green portrait etc. But as I understand it, we're talking about humans only, yep? BTW, depending on the amount of different crew portraits we want, we may, for example, keep suit and skin colour representation (most visible colour changes), and get rid of representing hair, etc. If nwe get more crew variants, I would get rid of representing colour of suit (it's a "photo" of our crew member, she/he can wear different suit now), but I would keep skin colour, as it would be strange to have humanoid crew member with deep blue skin and white european face in portrait ;)

/Estel