[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.i

Postby stargateprovider » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:30 pm

a_twelve_year_old wrote:Cool! I'm excited for this mod and I hope that it turns out well.

In case you don't like your original hulls for the Zoltan station, I have some hull images I created after school. I think one of them looks half decent, so maybe you could take a look at them if you need some stations for the Zoltan.

here's a link to it: http://imgur.com/a/h8i3a
Btw I can make gibs if you decide to implement this hull.

I like the overall design of your station, the only complaint I have, is that it looks a little broken, due to the "scrap pieces" that stick out in some places. That can of course easily be fixed, so if you're willing to do the gibs too, then yes, I could swap out the current zoltan A with yours.

Superbeanz111 wrote:1, Mining stations: Now the asteroid station may be technically a 'mining' station, however my idea is this: Extractor 2.3/1.1, Permanent asteroid field, More events to mine, and a Drone station with a defense drone 2.
You could mine away at the asteroids while defending your station from being damaged by them.

2, Pirate-focused Stations: While yes, you have the pirate stations, I'd LOVE to see the options as maybe an augment to force people to pay tolls, or maybe have a reputation as a pirate station? (Such as more pirates come looking to join your crew, or more rebel/federation encounters coming to stop your evil doings.)

3, More Trading: Now it may be difficult to keep adding augments, however what if there was an augment so that way more ships came specifically to trade with you? Your station would focus more on Drones, Shields, Hull, and boarding rather then weaponry. You can use your Trading augment to do things such as negotiate lower prices on default, Buy prisoners by bribing Federation/Rebel ships, and maybe even pay mining ships to leave and come back later with a shipment of scrap or ore (If they don't get destroyed on the way.)

4, Larger Crew: What's bothered me is that while my space station is supposed to be big, fat, and Filled to the brim with units, however we're still stuck at the 6-7 unit cap. It would be nice to see things such as more chairs in the cockpit, More terminals in the shield/weapon rooms, maybe even common terminals in Thruster rooms for +3 Evade?

1. Well, I probably should give it an extractor, that seems like something I forgot to do. A permanent asteroid field will probably not work out, the only possible permanent environment seems to be a nebula, maybe ASB too, can't remember. Btw, you should be able to use CE's mining/industrial equipment in mining events in the next version, if I can get it to work properly.

2. Maybe a pirate certificate, that you could get from a rather friendly pirate if you help them out? The down-side would be that the maybe less civilians will want to trade with you or that the inspector won't visit you?

3. It would have to be something opposite to the pirate certificate then, maybe a traders certificate/card? That could work out very well.

4. You can't add more than one terminal per room right now, but I did plan to decorate the interior, here's a decorated hangar/docking room (Still thinking whether to paint the floor or not): http://i.imgur.com/x4pjVbE.png

I'm glad you all like the mod so far!
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Superbeanz111

Postby Superbeanz111 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:11 am

Lookin' good! And I love the Idea of decorated rooms, just to make the stations feel a little more like actual stations rather then immobile ships.

I know I've been asking alot, it's just my mind's been going crazy with ideas.

Thanks for replying!

Nice to know that Ideas 1 and 2 would probably work out.

Now another thing, that Hopefully wont be too difficult, is some of the room placements.
I think that the command room should be RIGHT next to the camera room, in either a two-room combo, or the camera room being right near a 4 block wide command room.
I've always thought of space stations to have a large command deck right in the center, or if it were in 3D, the top. So I think it would look prettier to put command rooms around the center.

And last but not least-- What if at the start of your station's career, you could choose a certificate of some sort? Like the trading outpost, or the pirate certificate, or maybe some other things like generated income from a bar, or a hotel, or a mechanic shop?

Sorry, I've just always thought of space stations to be huge multi-layer bases that function like a city.

If there is a way to increase the number of augments, or maybe make something else for certificates entirely.

Maybe there could be a very rare augment where if you fight an incoming barrage of incoming hostile ships, you get a planetary ASB.

Anyways, once again-- sorry if I overload you with information. I'm an ideas guy who constantly thinks of impossible things.

~~Love, Superbeanz111
Vorewin

Postby Vorewin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Trying to install version 0.i, continually get error:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 5
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Vorewin wrote:Trying to install version 0.i, continually get error:

Is Stations Job the only mod that causes this problem? From what I've heard, it might help if you redownload the mod, Slipstream or Java. If any of that doesn't help, try asking this question on Slipstream's thread instead.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Vorewin

Postby Vorewin » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:03 pm

stargateprovider wrote:
Vorewin wrote:Trying to install version 0.i, continually get error:

Is Stations Job the only mod that causes this problem? From what I've heard, it might help if you redownload the mod, Slipstream or Java. If any of that doesn't help, try asking this question on Slipstream's thread instead.

This is the only mod that causes this problem
Endgame

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job

Postby Endgame » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:35 pm

stargateprovider wrote:I'm not going to qoute everything again so I will just answer everything in order:

About the rebel fleet and the boss:
Yes, i'm thinking about delaying them 60 jumps and then when the fleet reaches you, you will fight the Flagship, the 4 artilleries could become a problem, incase AE hasn't changed that.
Perhaps i will make two versions to test and you will tell me which you like better, with a boss or without (that's infinte play then)

Distress beacon:
I renamed it to the station beacon or so it's now referenced in every event.

Engines and evasion:
Ok, I'll change the max engine power to 1 then, but i think they should not be disabled, because otherwise the enemy will never miss and it's only natural that they miss sometimes even if attacking a station and that will be their fault then.

Trading system:
You can trade simple resources, like a few missiles for 10 scrap or so and I shall add trading augments similar to the ones in CE and some taken from Galaxy on Fire 2.

Can you help me out? I downloaded this mod and I REALLY want to use it, but for some reason it doesn't work. I'm only trying to use it with Captains Edition, the resource pack, and SCRAMBLE MENU, which is a cheat menu. Even then I try running this only by itself and it doesn't work. This is the error that shows up.
Patching failed: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 5
JerC

Postby JerC » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:43 pm

You're not really ment to play with with Captain Edition as the two mods are largely different..
Endgame

Postby Endgame » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:31 pm

JerC wrote:You're not really ment to play with with Captain Edition as the two mods are largely different..

Even when I turn Captain's Edition off, it still doesn't work.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Maybe you should turn all the mods off except for Station's Job.
And make sure your backup files in Slipstream are mod-free. That might also be causing a problem.
Endgame

Postby Endgame » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:06 am

stylesrj wrote:Maybe you should turn all the mods off except for Station's Job.
And make sure your backup files in Slipstream are mod-free. That might also be causing a problem.

No mods in backup and I've already tried about five times running it without any mods. Still not working.