[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD] Stations Job 1.2

Postby stargateprovider » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Here is Stations Job 1.2 with a full arsenal of 28 stations, scaling enemy crew sizes, a stronger final boss and two new optional addons: Thruster Terminals Tweak and Artillery Enabler (mainly for Rebel stations).
I hope you like these additions!

JerC wrote:I tend to run into some very awkward situations in this mod; the very first encounter I got with the 2nd Mantis station is unwinnable unless I sacrifice one crew (Auto ship that i'm forced to fight since can't trade anything), and sometimes I get 3 times the same event while other events are very rare (I must have had 8 lanius raids while I only got the lounge and starship services once)

A way to actually avoid all (or at least most) Automated ships and Lanius ships, is to turn the Station Beacon off. That's another tip I have also added to the starting event TIP section. I added more helpful flavourtexts to stations as well.

Code: Select all

Changelog:
- Added Slug station type C - the final station
- Changed Rebel station C weapons, added an empty room
- Changed Zoltan station C weapons
- Swapped Engi station A and B and AI station A drones
- Engi station C's Ion Artillery no longer pierces shields
- Engi station C now has 2 weapon slots and 4 drone slots
- Engi station B now has 3 weapon slots and 3 drone slots
- Removed Zoltan Shield Bypass from Lanius station A
- Updated Chain Beam, created custom weaponart for it
- Improved miniship glows
- Enemy crew size now scales in difficulty over time
- Lowered store missiles and drone parts prices
- Added more functionality for the Piracy Focus
- Added subevents and another rebel fleet event
- Buffed final boss
- Artillery is now buyable for Rebel stations if you have a suitable mod
- Created Artillery Enabler Addon
- Created the Thruster Terminals Tweak add-on
- Updated tutorial and added more tips in the hangar and game-start
- Mod will be more compatible with Stargate Mod 1.0+
- Minor improvements and fixes
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Randomdudu

Postby Randomdudu » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 pm

There's an odd bug that happens in the mod that has me worried
When you collect a 4th augmentation,the augment doesn't get sold,it get stored in an "over-capacity" space
This space causes issues because it blocks me from selling things and receiving other augments
This bug could ruined games,breaking down EXTREMELY useful augments because I could not make space for them due to this bug
Can you please look into this?
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Randomdudu wrote:There's an odd bug that happens in the mod that has me worried
When you collect a 4th augmentation,the augment doesn't get sold,it get stored in an "over-capacity" space
This space causes issues because it blocks me from selling things and receiving other augments
This bug could ruined games,breaking down EXTREMELY useful augments because I could not make space for them due to this bug
Can you please look into this?

The "sell item" box is hidden right behind the over capacity box. You should still be able to sell stuff in the store by dragging them into the selling area (roughly the same spot where the "over capacity" box title is)
Image Image
AnAngryMantis

Postby AnAngryMantis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Could you try adding some more events? It's a great mod with a high level of detail, but it's lacking in terms of events, and gets a bit boring once you've seen all the events and know exactly what they do. Also, could you try adding positive chances to events such as nest floating in space, because all that ever happens is alien spiders, and you get no reward from it, meaning once you've experienced it a few times, you know there's no point in bringing it aboard
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:43 pm

AnAngryMantis wrote:Could you try adding some more events? It's a great mod with a high level of detail, but it's lacking in terms of events, and gets a bit boring once you've seen all the events and know exactly what they do. Also, could you try adding positive chances to events such as nest floating in space, because all that ever happens is alien spiders, and you get no reward from it, meaning once you've experienced it a few times, you know there's no point in bringing it aboard

I have always felt that to be an issue as well. I wanted to have as many events as possible, but I have had a hard time finding new ideas for repeating events - without features like movement and fuel it's kinda harder as well. What I have tried is to create as many different (maybe-not-so-easy-to-find) event outcomes and secret choices as possible. I don't know how long you have played, but technically there's always a good chance to find some small new things ;)

Thanks for the feedback and feel free to suggest any other ideas, but I should mention that I don't have much time to work on FTL right now and if I ever do get a chance then Stargate Mod 1.0 is in the queue and that old mod really could use an update.
Image Image
AnAngryMantis

Postby AnAngryMantis » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Actually, after that, I went and made a few new events for stations job.
-A rebel spy disguised as a civilian
-An automated ship that offers to update your store
-It's now possible to find a hidden supply crate or pirate boarders in the alien nest
-Mantis chasing civilian
-A rookie station inspector that you can try and trick into doing various things
-A drifting space mine
-Rebel automated ship attack
I haven't gotten around to testing them, though, so you'll have to deal with that part I'm afraid. Maybe you could add a few of your own and release it as an extra event DLC?

You can download it here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbg0fmh1y9159yw/events_fuel.xml.append?dl=0
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:34 am

AnAngryMantis wrote:-Mantis chasing civilian

For some reason, I first read that as “Mantis chasing chicken” which is a different idea in itself.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:23 pm

AnAngryMantis wrote:Actually, after that, I went and made a few new events for stations job.
-A rebel spy disguised as a civilian
-An automated ship that offers to update your store
-It's now possible to find a hidden supply crate or pirate boarders in the alien nest
-Mantis chasing civilian
-A rookie station inspector that you can try and trick into doing various things
-A drifting space mine
-Rebel automated ship attack
I haven't gotten around to testing them, though, so you'll have to deal with that part I'm afraid. Maybe you could add a few of your own and release it as an extra event DLC?

You can download it here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbg0fmh1y9159yw/events_fuel.xml.append?dl=0

I really like the new station inspector event. I do have to say that the CIVILIAN_SPY event is pretty much a simplified version of SJ_APPROACH with a different textlist. Same with MANTIS_VS_FEDERATION, which is basically CIVILIAN_PURSUIT. And AUTO_ATTACK is SJ_REBEL_WARNING with that one extra choice similar to the one in SJ_SELLER_DISTRESS.

That does leave us with 4 fine event additions and some new texts to use which is pretty good, thanks! And unless you really want it to be a separate DLC, I think it would be better to just integrate them into the main mod. Anyway, don't except an immediate release.
Image Image
AnAngryMantis

Postby AnAngryMantis » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't mind how you release it, but I hope my events work, cause sometimes events are a bit of a finicky subject
CarefreeRoom

Postby CarefreeRoom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:04 am

Does this mod require CE resources or is something else required? I ask because trying to select the tutorial or new game options on the main menu, the game just closes