[MOD] Better Ship Colors [1.2]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mranth0ny62

[MOD] Better Ship Colors [1.2]

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:01 pm

I always felt like the ship colors where too gray/too dark so I though I'd make a mod that changes that!

here are some before/after:
(left: before; right: after)
Crystal Cruiser A
Engi C
Kestral B
Lanius A

complete album

Download

Aternate Version:

Federation B Aternate Version (more to come)

Download Nightmare Edition
Last edited by Mranth0ny62 on Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CattyNerd

Re: [MOD] Better Ship Colors

Postby CattyNerd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:57 pm

...I have no idea what I expected.

But in all seriousness, I personally like the less-saturated vanilla color schemes. However, it does give off a feel that the ships are hot off the assembly line with new, less-dulled paint, so I'll give you credit for that. :D
foveros

Postby foveros » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Good job, I especially like the crystal one.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 pm

I very much like the Engi C and Crystal A recolour, good work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 am

I noticed recently that the ship colors were not as bright as they could have been. I'm glad you decided to make a mod that fixes that. You could do that with all the enemy ships also. If I may ask... Did you change the ships by yourself or did you use some art program to brighten them up automatically, or both?
Mranth0ny62

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:32 am

Russian Rockman wrote:I noticed recently that the ship colors were not as bright as they could have been. I'm glad you decided to make a mod that fixes that. You could do that with all the enemy ships also. If I may ask... Did you change the ships by yourself or did you use some art program to brighten them up automatically, or both?

I changed the saturation of the ships
and I will do the ennemy ships
Mranth0ny62

Better Ship Colors 1.2: enemy ships done!

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 pm

1.2 changelog:
- all the enemy ships have been changed

- the Engi A has been added: before/after

- Federation B, Slug A, Mantis B and Mantis C reworked
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD] Better Ship Colors [1.2: enemy ships done!]

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 am

Awesome job. Thanks again for doing something like this!!!! Maybe you you also do the mini ship images to match the new bright colors? I would like that. ;)

Also, I was thinking maybe you should just completely redo the Nisos's colors. Check out the "racing stripe" green and yellow recolor of the Nisos from the sMPK mod. I think you could just go ahead and implement a "brighter" version of that recolor right into this mod. I don't know a single person that actually likes the vanilla Nisos's colors...
Mranth0ny62

Postby Mranth0ny62 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I was thinking maybe you should just completely redo the Nisos's colors. Check out the "racing stripe" green and yellow recolor of the Nisos from the sMPK mod. I think you could just go ahead and implement a "brighter" version of that recolor right into this mod. I don't know a single person that actually likes the vanilla Nisos's colors...

what about something like that?

Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 02, 2014 11:09 am

That looks a bit too dark to me. Cool though. I was talking about something more like the sMPK's Nisos. You could probably make it look even better. If you just left the Nisos with a prettier shade of "olive" green rather than vomit green that would be great and would stay closer to the vanilla colors.

You can do whatever you want with the ships though, its your mod, I was just making a suggestion. :)