May mods help my slow computer ?

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rex4

May mods help my slow computer ?

Postby rex4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello, since my computer is down for some time I'm playing ftl on another computer but it's really slow on it, partly because it's not as fast but since it has 60 fps in Teeworlds, a game with more motion etc, it's probably that ftl is not coded as well as it could be too.

Anyway, can some mods help me ? I tried using FTL-Dat.jar to remove backgrounds but it seems that you can't remove them all at once, the software is stuck for 2 seconds each time I remove one and there is a lot.

Thanks if you can help.
dalolorn

Re: May mods help my slow computer ?

Postby dalolorn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 pm

rex4 wrote:Hello, since my computer is down for some time I'm playing ftl on another computer but it's really slow on it, partly because it's not as fast but since it has 60 fps in Teeworlds, a game with more motion etc, it's probably that ftl is not coded as well as it could be too.

Anyway, can some mods help me ? I tried using FTL-Dat.jar to remove backgrounds but it seems that you can't remove them all at once, the software is stuck for 2 seconds each time I remove one and there is a lot.

Thanks if you can help.

I do not believe mods will help you with this issue. Sorry.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Removing backgrounds is unlikely to speed up the game at all- and speeding up the game with mods is pretty much impossible.
rex4

Postby rex4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:42 pm

It seems like it did for asteroids belt. The most notable case is the final boss, which made me had like 5 fps.
rex4

Postby rex4 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 pm

In fact, when it start to lag, I can exit and relaunch the game and it's good again, it starts to happen after a few jumps. The same thing happened to my other computer on captain edition after a lot of jumps while it didn't happen for vanilla. Sounds like somehow, the bitmats loaded stay loaded after a jump in those cases for some reason.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:00 pm

That actually may be worth reporting to the devs.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

For really weird things that no one else is experiencing, I generally recommend checking your video drivers as a first step. They are responsible for 99% of unexplained behavior. Shoot me a dxdiag dump to techsupport@ftlgame.com and I can take a look.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
JonasTheRoman

Postby JonasTheRoman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Turning off vertical sync and frame limit could improve your fps.