[SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (3.0)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady (1.0)

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 am

TaxiService wrote:Hmm. I agree about the cloak. And yeah, spicing up the plasma cannon would be a good idea actually. I made it thinking about Halo 1 plasma pistols, which when overcharged would release a shot that would act as an EMP, so that's why I didn't think about adding more effects to it. : |

You know what, i'll add a cloak and some fire chance to the PC. I am reluctant to add system damage to it because it is already quite an OP weapon, being some sort of copy of the heavy ion that requires less power to operate. : P Updating...

EDIT: updated to 1.1. Now the ship starts with cloaking system installed, one more reactor power and the plasma cannon has 3/10 fire chance.

TRIGGERNAUT.
I doubt many people will understand what I just said, but meh.
Also, It isn't really THAT overpowered. You could just drop the ion level a bit.
ArmedKevin117

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady (1.1)

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:07 am

So it does. For some reason I was thinking it had long-range scanners. My bad.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:43 pm

@English: The Ol' B layout is in the works. : ) The name makes me think of it as a sturdier and more combat-oriented ship than its counterpart. I might just give it a shield and four weapon slots, actually.

>Also, It isn't really THAT overpowered. You could just drop the ion level a bit.
Eh but if i do then it won't be able to chain its ionizing effect : ( I wanted to give the player a weapon that could be used by itself, since you have only three slots for the weapons and you are probably not gonna use two of them for ion weaponry.
Should I instead make it require more power, maybe? In my earlier post confused the Heavy Ion for the Ion Blast Mk. II, regarding power usage. The plasma cannon is basically a mix of those two weapons, since it is able to chain ion damage like the Ion Blast II, but deals two damage like the Heavy Ion. ...it should really require 3 power to operate though. ◡⁔◡ /me considers some changes
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Ship plays quite smooth. But I also got some nice gear on the way. The layout is really accessible. Nice detailes on the room images as well.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:34 pm

0_0 holy-- i-i'm glad that the hole in the hull was large enough to fit that gun of yours, lol. Looks pretty neat!

Also thank you! : ) And by looking at your screenshot i noticed i might have mistaken the glow images..? Isn't yellow supposed to be for the maximum skill level instead of green? I'll have to fix that. >_<

Anyway i'm working on the B layout for the ship. Here's how it looks (It's still in development!)

So yeah, expect an update soon!
TaxiService

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady (2.0)

Postby TaxiService » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Bumping for the update's sake. Layout B is now available, check it out!
Lamedonyx

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (2.0)

Postby Lamedonyx » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm

You make the best non-spliced hulls I've ever seen in a FTL mod. Thumbs up, and keep up the GREAT work !
ArmedKevin117

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (2.1)

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 am

I have to ask... how does a mining ship not have shields? It's basically dead as soon as it has to spend any length of time in an asteroid field.

(Also it makes anything in sector one that has weapons that fire faster than 21 seconds or attack drones SUPER obnoxious.)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:26 am

ArmedKevin117 wrote:I have to ask... how does a mining ship not have shields? It's basically dead as soon as it has to spend any length of time in an asteroid field.

(Also it makes anything in sector one that has weapons that fire faster than 21 seconds or attack drones SUPER obnoxious.)

not all miners go in the asteroid fields, for eg, it could be mining on moons, or be a gas miner, etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:29 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
ArmedKevin117 wrote:I have to ask... how does a mining ship not have shields? It's basically dead as soon as it has to spend any length of time in an asteroid field.

not all miners go in the asteroid fields, for eg, it could be mining on moons, or be a gas miner, etc.

I suppose, though that begs the question when does it become more efficient to just put a prefab facility on the surface?

But really, I'm just looking for a complaint to make because the B layout lacks both cloak and shields, which makes it extremely difficult to get a game started.