[SHIP] The Administrator

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lemmonade

[SHIP] The Administrator

Postby Lemmonade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey guys. This the Engi capital ship, the Administrator. Theres a couple of things I want to change about it that I don't know how too. It currently starts without a weapon system, I'd like to completely disable the possibility of buying a weapons system by making it very expensive in the xml file, and bump the drone capacity up to 6. This ship works really well in captains edition. Either way here it is.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Engi Administrator

This massive ship serves as the Administrator to the engi naval fleet system. Engi's, who are not a very combatant race, will typically use automated drones to fight in their place, this is the essence of that unconfrontational philosophy. This fortress of a cruiser relays commands to and houses numerous drones with its state-of-the-art drone bay. It is also, like the engis themselves, very much automated. Using interior nano bots and system repair bots, it can keep itself and its crew in working order at all times. At full capacity, it has been known to swarm even powerful enemy vessels with overwhelming numbers of combat drones.

Hardly lifted a finger

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Image is just barely cut off at helm)

Starting Systems:

Pilot: I
    Sensors: II
    Doors: II
    Drone Bay: IIIII + Drone Reactor Booster
    Med Bay: I + Medi-Bot Dispersal
    Shields: II
    Engine: I
    Life Support: I

Starting Equipment:

Anti Personnel Drone
    Anti Ship Drone
    Anti Ship Beam Drone
    30x Drone Parts
    4 Drone Control Slots

Starting Crew:

Four Engis

Download Link:

Last edited by Lemmonade on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mike9606

Re: [SHIP] The Administrator

Postby mike9606 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I have a problem where the drone bay system icon overlaps the med-bay system icon. I think this is because the ship does not have a weapons system at start, but when I try to make the weapons system be on the ship at start in superluminal it does not work. What should I do?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Whoa, that is one massive ship. Looks cool, though I think you went a little overboard with the room sizes :P
And the number of rooms themselves... This thing looks like a maze, it's gonna be hard to navigate this. You might want to consider removing some of them to make it less overwhelming. As well as adding the signature Engi hole that they place in the center of their ships...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 pm

mike9606 wrote:I have a problem where the drone bay system icon overlaps the med-bay system icon. I think this is because the ship does not have a weapons system at start, but when I try to make the weapons system be on the ship at start in superluminal it does not work. What should I do?

Yea I can't seem to fix the systems hud layout on the bottom of the screen, thats all hardcoded, nothing I can do about that and how the drone window overlaps the drones.

It doesn't start with weapons on purpose, it actually gets more screwed up when you add them because of the amount of drones there are. Im looking for a way yo fix this but i dont think I can.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:32 am

There is no possible way to fix this.

The only way you 'can' fix this is add a weapons room with no slots at all for weapons available.

Maybe FTL: AE will add UI's for smaller weapon slots for ships (eg. 1, or 2) and bigger one for drones and such and also remove that ui bug with no weapon ships.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Heh... this thing looks really cool. Whyd you make it yellow? And how long did it take to draw that hull? Also, how many drone slots are there?

Looks like youre gonna really need a drone recovery arm, unless you start with like 200 drone parts ;) And boarders are gonna have a really hard time getting anywhere through all those doors
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:22 pm

snowhusky5 wrote:Heh... this thing looks really cool. Whyd you make it yellow? And how long did it take to draw that hull? Also, how many drone slots are there?

Looks like youre gonna really need a drone recovery arm, unless you start with like 200 drone parts ;) And boarders are gonna have a really hard time getting anywhere through all those doors

Thanks!
Not sure, the gold just kinda looked right. It didn't take very long to do this hull, using resources from the game engi ships to get the shape took ten minutes. A big majority of the work was spent refining details, mostly to make all the pieces match up uniformly. There is 4 drone slots and 2 weapons slots. The HUD for the slots is bugged but usable, doesn't look like I can fix it. You start with 30 drones, it is ussually enough.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 pm

When you do 1 or 2 weapon slot the UI thing gives it enough room for 4 weapon slots (the backing? not sure what it's called), if you do 3 weapons then it will be smaller. Just wanted to let you know that.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 am

Seriously what is with people all of a sudden making door control cargo bays? anyway looks nice love the custom room graphics but it needs a damn hole in the middle somewhere otherwise it just doesn't look well... Engi.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 am

CaptainRover wrote:Seriously what is with people all of a sudden making door control cargo bays? anyway looks nice love the custom room graphics but it needs a damn hole in the middle somewhere otherwise it just doesn't look well... Engi.

Maybe because those 3 ships are made by the same person?... maybe that's why the doors room is a cargo bay half the time?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.