[Ship] [weapon] Federation Ambusher 1.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Euxcine

Re: [Ship] [weapon] Federation Ambusher 1.1

Postby Euxcine » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Cyl0 wrote:
stargateprovider wrote:The design of the new weapon is very nice.

That is nice to hear.
Did you find them viable trough the entire playthrough, or was the power drain to high for that? I'm asking because they replaced the dual lasers, and dual laser though cerntainly not bad mainly earn their place sue to the one power cost.The ion laser are also a usefull weapon evem though they are far from overwhelmingly good so maybe the 2 in powercost unnecessary?

I'm currently fighting the end boss and find that the ion lasers are excellent. Combined with the right weapons (I'm currently using a Hull Missile and a Hull Laser I) and the Pre-Igniter, it can be devastating.

Anyway, I've played this ship through one playthrough and despite some tight moments, really enjoyed the ride and am currently fighting the boss. Beaten stage 1 and am awaiting to see how stage 2 (with all of the drones) plays out. Thanks a lot for sharing this creation of yours and I look forward to any future projects that you may share :)

Cheers,

Euxcine
Cyl0

Re: [Ship] [weapon] Federation Ambusher 1.2

Postby Cyl0 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Released the 1.2 fiximg the old terminal position and uptating the mod for advanced edition (wich neccesitated two new rooms to fit everything)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:34 am

Great to see that you're still alive.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Cyl0

Postby Cyl0 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:01 am

Thanks, it felt good to fiddle around with it this weekend, so maybe its time to build a new ship (or maybe version of this) I just need to sharpen my idea to something that I feel would be fun to play
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 am

wow. quite a balanced ship, like my eagle class cruisers.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:18 am

Stormbringer wrote:wow. quite a balanced ship, like my [ships].

Now I'm not a moderator, but I think it's poor form to promo your own mods in someone else's thread.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 am

NarnKar wrote:

Now I'm not a moderator, but I think it's poor form to promo your own mods in someone else's thread.

hmm
ok.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 am

NarnKar wrote:

As much as it can be seen as a 'promo'. It is (and can be) an innocent comparison and stuff...
Nearly all the weapons I've made (even the most unique of them all) I often go along the lines of "Well it's like Captains editions [x] but it does [y] instead"... that or I use a base. Or in the conversation awhile ago about the federation cruisers in the fed fleet backgrounds I compared mine to someone else as well for constructive reasons comparing our interpretations was necessary on trying to get both our details right.

I do not quite know however, it's like table manners... sometimes people expect you to say excuse me when you leave the table- other times if you didn't burp it was disrespectful as you didn't enjoy the meal. /shrugs
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:34 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
NarnKar wrote:

As much as it can be seen as a 'promo'. It is (and can be) an innocent comparison and stuff...
Nearly all the weapons I've made (even the most unique of them all) I often go along the lines of "Well it's like Captains editions [x] but it does [y] instead"... that or I use a base. Or in the conversation awhile ago about the federation cruisers in the fed fleet backgrounds I compared mine to someone else as well for constructive reasons comparing our interpretations was necessary on trying to get both our details right.

I do not quite know however, it's like table manners... sometimes people expect you to say excuse me when you leave the table- other times if you didn't burp it was disrespectful as you didn't enjoy the meal. /shrugs

The comparision was supposed to be a comparision. seeing as I didn't really give an explicit link or anything, I believe that my earlier comment should have been taken as an innocent comparision.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:16 pm

The 15x Hull points are really something you must always put under control: exploring an asteroid field is not something you should do recklessly!
Anyway, I loved this ship AND the starting lasers. I wonder if you can find those weapons in a store and buy them: when I played with the X-9 I didn't find them, but some weapons can be extremely rare...
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!