[SHIP] The Enforcer (No-power Zoltan boarding ship)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] The Enforcer (No-power Zoltan boarding ship)

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:56 am

The Captain wrote:Third time's the charm!

Huzzah! Though it's tragic to hear how many you lost along the way. All for the greater good, eh?

I'm getting a *little* respect for the anti-ship drone II. I'm not saying I'd pick it all that often, but it has come in VERY handy. It can almost keep the flagship's shields down all on its own, and frequently can keep them from coming all the way up between vollies of my main weapons. It's like an expensive ion blast that doesn't use a weapon slot :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

If my ship is kinda wimpy in the weapons department, the Antiship Mk II is a good addition. Yeah, it's a bit expensive to get going and power, but it starts shooting right away and fires so fast. Without it, I would have had to run from nearly every battle in the middle. Rebels with two layers of Shields were laughing at my puny Ion Blast & Mini Beam. :oops: It mops up pretty well, too: once you've taken all the enemy's Shields down - or when a shieldless autoship uncloaks, it goes to work while you sit back and cloak (and repair). In addition, it's a great help in taking down Zoltan shields.
ElectronicBacon

Postby ElectronicBacon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Please make it for the Noether as well.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

ElectronicBacon wrote:Please make it for the Noether as well.

Why? The Noether is harder to get than the Adjudicator, so if you have it, you'll have this too. If you want it for some specific reason, just unpack the ftl file and modify the ship in the blueprints.xml.append file.

Or are you asking for me to make a new ship with that hull? No, I think this one is good on its own and doesn't really need a brother. I won't mind if someone does it, but I doubt I will.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:24 pm

I don't think that looks very good. I think I made it from a screenshot of a 480p video, meaning the hull isn't the correct size, plus I didn't know the actually dimensions for the rooms. Here is an updated image of this, using the correct hull/room sizes and updated hull color, but still lacking interior room graphics.
One thing that I find curious is why 5thHorseman put a weapon near the back. I never specified where weapons would go, because I figured they would just be in the same places as the normal Energy Bomber.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

RAD-82 wrote:One thing that I find curious is why 5thHorseman put a weapon near the back. I never specified where weapons would go, because I figured they would just be in the same places as the normal Energy Bomber.

I just put them were I thought they looked cool. :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

[SHIP] The Enforcer and The Scavenger

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 pm

ElectronicBacon wrote:Please make it for the Noether as well.

After this request, I submitted an idea to 5thHorseman the next day, but he wasn't all that interested in it. It was slightly different than this finished product that I'm presenting now, but mostly the same idea, so it still might not be all that great.

I sent a PM to 5thHorseman yesterday, but there is no response, so I'll assume he hasn't seen it. It just asked him to add this stuff to the first post. I felt that since it includes an alternate Enforcer that it didn't need a new topic for the new ship.

Replaces both Zoltan ships. Requires Slipstream Mod Manager 1.2+.

Download version 1.82 here: {link removed, find update in new topic}

Enforcer Hanger: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 322489EFC/

1.82 may be a little harder than 1.0. Here are some changes:
-Start with 7 Zoltans instead of 8
-Different room layout for a smaller medbay
-Less weapon power, added Leto
-Lower sensor power, but you now have Long-Ranged Scanners for your police radar

Now for the new ship: The Scavenger, an illegal mining ship.

Scavenger Hanger: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 24B5ECE08/

Story: I'm terrible at storytelling. :( It should say something about how the Enforcer was trying to catch the Scavenger when both ships accidentally intercepted the Rebel data. I'll just list some starting conditions and the end goal of the ship.

Starting conditions
Low-power; keeps energy signature down.
Fast engines; draws all that low power from everywhere else to escape the police.
Hydra Missile System; fires a barrage of missiles at asteroids to help expose more resources.
Asteroid Defense Drone; you should know what that is for.

Goal: Trade the Rebel data to the Federation for asylum from the Zoltan police.

Notes: Originally, you had to buy a normal shield system, but the Zoltan Shield wouldn't power up without it, so you save 50 scrap and the need for a store by starting with it now. The Hydra Missile fires 5 shots for 2 missiles, and you start with very few missiles, but...

Bug: The Hydra Missile System doesn't fire properly when it uses your last missiles. It stops working after two shots. :(

Alternate name for this ship mod: Law / Outlaw
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.