sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Fritz1776

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.4 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby Fritz1776 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Strongly recommend that you change your signature. The link is outdated and now just leads to a dud page.
slowriderxcorps

Re: sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 pm

With the unexpected sudden release of v1.6 of FTL from the beta branch right into the public domain, the update of the Polish Kit to work with it has been hastened. In truth, it's been in a ready state for several weeks, but it didn't seem fair to release it when only those on Steam and knew of the beta could try it out.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:With the unexpected sudden release of v1.6 of FTL from the beta branch right into the public domain, the update of the Polish Kit to work with it has been hastened. In truth, it's been in a ready state for several weeks, but it didn't seem fair to release it when only those on Steam and knew of the beta could try it out.

So that means I shouldn't be too hasty? Because I just encountered this when I tried to start up a new game:

Wrong mod order/too many wrong mods?
Latest version of Slipstream and latest version of FTL... Windows 7, etc., etc.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 am

stylesrj wrote:So that means I shouldn't be too hasty? Because I just encountered this when I tried to start up a new game:
Wrong mod order/too many wrong mods?
Latest version of Slipstream and latest version of FTL... Windows 7, etc., etc.

This is what the correct mod order should be as far as I know:

Code: Select all

• Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for 1.6
• Expansion - FTL Insurrection + CR
• Module - AWM+ for Base Kit 1.6
• Module - AWM+ for Insurrection 1.6
• Module - NWM+ for Insurrection 1.6
• GFX - Ship Breebles for Insurrection + CR (According to instructions meant to be loaded in the same area as ship mods but before any ship modification happens, unlike other GFX mods.)
• Ship - AWM Roulette for Insurrection 1.6

The mod 'Alpha - The sM Graphics Pack for 1.6' is essentially the base mod but with only the graphical changes, not a separate mod containing the resources, like in CE or Arsenal+. This is not required to use the normal mod and is not compatible with any other mod in this pack. So that's the mod order problem.
As for too many mods, from experience when there's too much memory for FTL to handle it starts loading the game but then quickly crashes, I'm not sure if that happened to you or not. I use windows 10 and there's no problem for me, I doubt windows 7 will interfere with slipstream mod manager but you would have to ask some one with more knowledge.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:36 pm

So a couple of days have passed since the Beta finally stopping being a Beta anymore (albeit prematurely, I'm not going to lie). I figured now would be a good time to discuss some of the changes that have happened in the interim, because 1.6 has opened up some new potential for mods.

The first of these changes is the Toolkits added to the Augmented Weapons Module (now known as AWM+). With the ability for the game to now remove augments, weapons and drones on demand, some truly fascinating new features can be made, and I can't even imagine the true potential of it all. Three things have been added to the Kit thanks to this new code, and Toolkits are the first. A one-time-use augment in most circumstances, they can be used at empty beacons to convert otherwise standard-issue weaponry into its other potential variants, granting the player the ability to truly customise their arsenal to fit their demands. In the one exception to the one-use rule, the Restoration Toolkit can be used to patch up the debuffs native to Salvaged weapons.

The second addition made thanks to this new code is to the Storage Key system in Insurrection. Keys will now automatically be removed from your inventory when used, and it is now possible to use multiple keys simultaneously, granting substantial rewards to a player who's willing to seek out and hold onto them.

The third addition was the thankful removal of the Honour System that plagued both the CE and CR Trade Systems. Now trade items will be removed automatically when handed in to trade depots, removing any possibility for users cheating the system, while simultaneously also granting bigger Score Bonuses for earning scrap by using it.

The fourth addition is more of a 'lagacy' change. With 1.6 came a pretty drastic alteration to the way the game displays certain tabs and other information. The reaction to this has inevitably been very mixed, myself included. As a result, the Kit now has custom graphics that attempt to revert these changes where possible.

The fifth addition is a brand new weapon in the form of the Hellfire Missile Launcher. A bigger brother to the vanilla Swarm launcher with faster charge times per shot and an exceptionally deep maximum damage capacity, it replaces the Hydra as the backup weapon to both the Insurrection and Captain's Remix RockC layouts. Just watch out for Rebel Elites who might want to fire them in your general direction too...

While not an addition, one more critical change is to the prices and Fire/Breach Rates of a substantial number of weapons, including variants. With the knowledge of how fires and breaches are determined, it was realised that the overall chance of secondary effects on certain weapons was possibly a lot greater than the developers intended, especially Heavy Lasers which had an overall rate of over 50%, rather than the 30% that the code would have you believe. Not only have these rates been adjusted for numerous weapons, but their actual Rates are now detailed as a statistic in the Lore entries for the weapons in Insurrection and Captain's Remix. Well, that's assuming those boxes still display in the inventory, a glitch that still resides in 1.6.3 of FTL that I dearly hope gets sorted out in the end.

As mentioned briefly also, the prices of a lot of equipment have been adjusted, almost universally reduced in some capacity, although a few items did see minor increases, most of them being in CR. These changes were made to help certain modes of attack be more affordable, while simultaneously trying not to be so drastic as to make them worse for selling. I'm overall content with the changes, even if there was a minor side-effect of one of them in particular... who would have thought the price of the Burst Laser II would make its way back to its vanilla value.

Alright, that's enough rambling for one lunchtime. Take care, everyone.
JLtheking

Postby JLtheking » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you so much for your continued support for this mod; it's been a blast playing through Insurrection and I'm glad that the update won't be affecting my current run through all the ships.

Looking forward to test out your new augments!
RaphRave

Postby RaphRave » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 am

First, thanks for the keeping up with the updates to this mod! The remix makes the CE experience sooooooooooooooo much better.

Problem I'm having right now is with the mod that reverts the flagship back to its original form. Right now when using it the game crashes at the 3rd flagship fight phase and before the big 1.6 update it would crash during the second phase. I absolutely hate the hard mode layout so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is my mod load order right now.

Edit: "board attachment quota has been reached" so I've typed my mod order below.

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for 1.6
Better Planets and Backgrounds v 1.3.1
Better Asteroids
Expanded enemy window 1.2
CE Resource Pack 1.302
Expansion - FTL Captains Remix for 1.6
Module 0 AWM+ for Base Kit 1.6
Module - AWM+ for Insurrection 1.6
Module - AWM+ for Captain's Remix 1.6
Module - NWM+ for Captains Remix 1.6
GFX - Ship Greebles for Insurrection + CR
Ship - Captain's Remix Player Ships
Patch - Classic Flagship for Insurrection 1.6
Beginning Scrap Advantage (yes I cheat a little sometimes :( ...)
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 am

RaphRave wrote:First, thanks for the keeping up with the updates to this mod! The remix makes the CE experience sooooooooooooooo much better.

Problem I'm having right now is with the mod that reverts the flagship back to its original form. Right now when using it the game crashes at the 3rd flagship fight phase and before the big 1.6 update it would crash during the second phase. I absolutely hate the hard mode layout so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is my mod load order right now.

Edit: "board attachment quota has been reached" so I've typed my mod order below.

Alpha - The sM Polish Kit for 1.6
Better Planets and Backgrounds v 1.3.1
Better Asteroids
Expanded enemy window 1.2
CE Resource Pack 1.302
Expansion - FTL Captains Remix for 1.6
Module 0 AWM+ for Base Kit 1.6
Module - AWM+ for Insurrection 1.6
Module - AWM+ for Captain's Remix 1.6
Module - NWM+ for Captains Remix 1.6
GFX - Ship Greebles for Insurrection + CR
Ship - Captain's Remix Player Ships
Patch - Classic Flagship for Insurrection 1.6
Beginning Scrap Advantage (yes I cheat a little sometimes :( ...)

Hmm. Two possibilites.

1. Re: Beginning Scrap Advantage, that overrides the begining event when you start the game. Is it a problem? Probably not but I'm too lazy to find out myself. :lol: Also don't cheat, it ruins the fun!
2. It might just be the title but it is called 'Classic Flagship for Insurrection,' suggesting that it can only be used for insurrection but not captain's remix. And even if it is for captain's remix, the flagships for these two mods are different anyways, so they can't have both flagships in the same mod. Well at least I think so.
RaphRave

Postby RaphRave » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Hmm. Two possibilites.

1. Re: Beginning Scrap Advantage, that overrides the begining event when you start the game. Is it a problem? Probably not but I'm too lazy to find out myself. :lol: Also don't cheat, it ruins the fun!
2. It might just be the title but it is called 'Classic Flagship for Insurrection,' suggesting that it can only be used for insurrection but not captain's remix. And even if it is for captain's remix, the flagships for these two mods are different anyways, so they can't have both flagships in the same mod. Well at least I think so.

Ah I hadn't thought of that. It looks like it might only be for insurrection which is definitely a bummer.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Thank you for bringing this up. I honestly hadn't looked at that module in some time, so I was curious to see what was wrong. Looking at the files, I'm not 100% sure of what could be setting it off, but the filesizes of some of the files looked off compared to what they are in the base 'kit. I've replaced those files with the stock ones, as well as fixed an event in it related to Phase 3 which should enable the use of CR Combat Augments within it. I'm not sure if that's going to get it working, but that's as much as I can determine right now. It really ought to work.