sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: The sM Polish Kit 1.032 (ft. IS/CEi 1.105 Patches + Modu

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:
slowriderxcorps wrote:Unfortunately, I don't really know of any real way to visually show which modules are active at any given time, though you should be aware of which ones you turn on when you run the mod manager. I did however hear that, at some point in your modding of FTL, you somehow got it so that CE was permanently on or something. I would highly recommend reinstalling FTL and wiping the backup folder of Slipstream Mod Manager.

The Hard Flagship Module completely overwrites the flagship fight anyway, event text and all. I didn't watch it, but if it still pulled any of the CE tricks such as Phase 1 Artillery or Phase 3's tricks, then that module wasn't installed.

Well, there must be a way to make a choice somewhere?
I haven't seen the world "flagship" or "module" anywhere in the mod files...
Then again, it was Mr. Mister that told me that I had it installed, and he's usually a reliable source.
And after watching that part again, I indeed got no artillery on phase 1.
Did get the "tunnels" to the weapons though, and I heard talk about that in CE so...

As for the mods, yeah, I think the I need to do the thing with the back up folder. As I did get a clean slate doing that one challenge run where I didn't need slipstream. Do I just remove everything in the backup folder?
Thanks.

Well the HFM is Patch - Hard Flagship Module.ftl within the main 'kit zip archive. And I believe that this is the correct way to reset the backup in SMM, yes. Just make sure it's connected to a completely vanilla FTL installation before running it.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey I managed to make a thing, or at least, fix a thing.
Took me a while to learn how the layout code works, but after figuring it out, I was able to create two rooms for Phase 3 and thus sort out the problem with the invisible corridors crashing the game. As I also learned.. don't awaken the AI on Phase 3. It really hurts.

EDIT: Another update was made on the sector-dependant weapon rarity. Slug, Rebel and Rock sectors now have their intended rarity alterations (they were left unfinished..), and it's now been properly implemented in sMPK-CE as well.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 am

Oh great...
So now I have you telling me not to turn on it's AI system, and the CE forcing it to do just that.
It's gonna be great... :D

No, jokes aside, the new corridors to weapons will indeed fix that problem and they are implemented perfectly.
Another job well done.
Also, my problem with slipstream is resolved, thanks for the advice.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:28 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Oh great...
So now I have you telling me not to turn on it's AI system, and the CE forcing it to do just that.
It's gonna be great... :D

No, jokes aside, the new corridors to weapons will indeed fix that problem and they are implemented perfectly.
Another job well done.
Also, my problem with slipstream is resolved, thanks for the advice.

The HFM doesn't resort to theatrics to enforce the activation of AI Mode, even if it's installed with CE. It overwrites the entire fight.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 am

Glad you fixed the flagship's doors and I'm glad you identified the source if the strange crashes I myself had experienced a couple times before.

I just checked out you enhanced systems module. Good work. It would actually be really cool if you could change EVERY missile to only pierce 4 shields, but then that wouldn't be very compatible with every mod then. People may think some of these upgrades are overpowered, but I think the scrap costs really make you think twice when buying them. Some upgrades, like shields, have a major trade off in energy cost as well. It takes nearly half of your available energy to power 5 shields which severely limits your offensive and dodge capability. FTL is all about managing power so I really think that this mod helps expand the fun of that.

Quick question? Does oxygen go up to level 5 because that is the level that allows you to completely negate a hull breach? I though 4 power was enough for that, but I guess I was wrong. 3 power allows you to negate a breach if you have all rooms open I think.

It's a shame that engines act weird if the go over 8 power. it's also a shame that we can't have level 4 auto-pilot, sensors, and doors. I would actually like to see some uses for those. Since you can man shields and doors in the AE I would hope they'd increase the power to 4.

Level 4+ Medbay and Life Support are really good for the Captain's Edition hacking events. Can you think of any special uses (Blue Options etc...) for Level 4+ Medbay and Life Support that could be used in CE. I know Sleeper ould never increase the system power, but I'm just interested to hear your thoughts.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:28 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Quick question? Does oxygen go up to level 5 because that is the level that allows you to completely negate a hull breach? I though 4 power was enough for that, but I guess I was wrong. 3 power allows you to negate a breach if you have all rooms open I think.

O2 goes up to 5 because in my testing, the airlocks were glitching when venting with Lv6 or higher on. I think it was when having one of the side airlock doors on the Kestrel open, the room was actually gaining air despite it being an airlock, causing it to repeatedly depressurise, making that sound effect over and over.
Any other changes are such that they either did absolutely nothing (subsystems) or were completely unnecessary (Medbay 4+). Or completely broken (Artillery 5+).
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 pm

After much discussion and experimentation with a horned whale (at least that's what I think that one animal is), I've managed to pull off something requested by Bio: a means to track which modules are enabled at any given time on the main menu.
EDIT: The AWM was also updated to counteract a glitch in weapon programming. It seems that if you give a beam weapon that deals no base (and system?) damage shield-piercing, it actually disregards one level of that piercing.. so the piercing Anti-Bio and Fire Beams weren't actually piercing at all! These have now been fixed with a less then ideal solution.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:After much discussion and experimentation with a horned whale (at least that's what I think that one animal is), I've managed to pull off something requested by Bio: a means to track which modules are enabled at any given time on the main menu.
EDIT: The AWM was also updated to counteract a glitch in weapon programming. It seems that if you give a beam weapon that deals no base (and system?) damage shield-piercing, it actually disregards one level of that piercing.. so the piercing Anti-Bio and Fire Beams weren't actually piercing at all! These have now been fixed with a less then ideal solution.

Yes, I am a Horned Whale.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:11 am

There is an error in vanilla FTL that this mod failed to fix.

In events.xml, there is an eventList, PIRATE_CIVILIAN_BEACON_BEAM. The second event in it has two problems. One error is a typo, the other error is with the order of the tags which prevents the event from working.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:22 am

RAD-82 wrote:There is an error in vanilla FTL that this mod failed to fix.

In events.xml, there is an eventList, PIRATE_CIVILIAN_BEACON_BEAM. The second event in it has two problems. One error is a typo, the other error is with the order of the tags which prevents the event from working.

That's a very interesting one.. I've taken a stab at fixing it, hopefully I've got it right first time.