The Federation Strikes Back 0.2 (alpha)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: The Federation Strikes Back 0.2 (alpha)

Postby Kieve » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm

dalolorn wrote:That could be problematic.

If I had any feedback to give, I'd offer it, but I don't think I've actually played any FTL in months, modded or otherwise. I only just started poking around here again because of recent IRL events.
I'm not really sure what kind of feedback you'd be looking for?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Kieve wrote:
dalolorn wrote:That could be problematic.

If I had any feedback to give, I'd offer it, but I don't think I've actually played any FTL in months, modded or otherwise. I only just started poking around here again because of recent IRL events.
I'm not really sure what kind of feedback you'd be looking for?

Well, seeing as I only managed to get 7 ships and a weapon out, that's what I'm going to need feedback on. As well as ideas of all kinds. :)
Diet Water

Postby Diet Water » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:02 am

I would be glad to test this, but is there any other way to get the file other than Google Drive?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:43 am

I recommend wikisend as it's pretty safe compared to other filehosts.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:27 am

Diet Water wrote:I would be glad to test this, but is there any other way to get the file other than Google Drive?

I'm afraid not. Why?

Edit: I see... that could be an unexpected, if relatively minor, problem.

I don't exactly have access to any other method of distributing files, sadly.

Re-edit: I also seem to have messed up the sharing - when I try to access it from my other Google account, it says I'm not allowed to.

Re-re-edit: And now that I checked my mail, I realized that I received about a dozen requests to share it. :oops:

Re-re-re-edit: Fixed the link, it shouldn't need signing in anymore - or stop you from downloading it.

Here I was, asking for feedback, not noticing at all that I made any and all feedback impossible...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm

lol :D

I'd blame the RNG for this. It's not inconceivable.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:09 pm

How does the RNG have anything to do with my ignorance?

That said, you know it's a slow day when a post made more than 4 hours ago is the newest one in the subforum. :lol:
Diet Water

Postby Diet Water » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:23 pm

So I did a run in the auto-scout because its starting loadout has not changed from the screenshots in the OP. I accidentally only did it with Balanced Arsenal after poking around the blueprints file instead of just reading the changelog that stated it needed CE, but I don't think the gameplay difference affects balance that much.
First run died early to a ship with 2 anti-crew drones (how ironic) that breached all my key systems and tore me apart with lasers, but the next one received a ton of drops that even gave me a crew-killing stage with a BL2, Anti-Bio Beam, and Anti-Crew 2 drone. Overall pretty balanced, being able to "risk" crew is countered by no extra skill bonuses. Final screenshot linked because it's big.
http://i.imgur.com/fcQ5gQK.jpg.

One thing I did notice: A store I ventured upon was offering the new artillery system; I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:20 am

Diet Water wrote:So I did a run in the auto-scout because its starting loadout has not changed from the screenshots in the OP. I accidentally only did it with Balanced Arsenal after poking around the blueprints file instead of just reading the changelog that stated it needed CE, but I don't think the gameplay difference affects balance that much.
First run died early to a ship with 2 anti-crew drones (how ironic) that breached all my key systems and tore me apart with lasers, but the next one received a ton of drops that even gave me a crew-killing stage with a BL2, Anti-Bio Beam, and Anti-Crew 2 drone. Overall pretty balanced, being able to "risk" crew is countered by no extra skill bonuses. Final screenshot linked because it's big.
http://i.imgur.com/fcQ5gQK.jpg.

One thing I did notice: A store I ventured upon was offering the new artillery system; I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional.

1. Well, BA and DE are the only sections of CE being directly used by the mod at this point. As for "being able to 'risk' crew", I should point out that all automated ships except kartoFlane's Sovereign are incapable of supporting life at this point.

2. It is intentional if you're playing the Dominator. However, as I noted in the known issues section just below the changelog, FTL insists that stores should sell systems to all ships equally, assuming they didn't start with those systems. This is also why life support can be 'bought' by AA-81 and AS-2901, though it costs no scrap and does nothing.

In other words, partially working as intended, and can't work better. :)

I could make the IHLC part of the Dominator's standard weapon layout, but I'm uncertain as to how to counterbalance this. Assuming the Dominator's balanced right now.
Diet Water

Postby Diet Water » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Ah, I didn't realize the Dominator started without its artillery. Interesting.