FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nighty

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.298b/Inf 1.28/EL 1.298

Postby Nighty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Welcome, wanted to report a bug, here's over 600 pages so not realy going to check all of them, didn't had this problem when played this game like half year ago so...

The bug is, it crashes, to the exit is only 1 star and while jumping to that star, game crashes, it just freezez and never responds, there is animation of ship jumping, but it never teleports, it freezes in that state, will attach save file. (seems can't attach save file, well)
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299/EL 1.299

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Nighty wrote:The bug is, it crashes, to the exit is only 1 star and while jumping to that star, game crashes, it just freezez and never responds, there is animation of ship jumping, but it never teleports, it freezes in that state, will attach save file. (seems can't attach save file, well)
Thanks for reporting in. Do you still have the sector name for where this happened? (Save game isn't that relevant, or at least I don't know any ways to analyse crashes by looking at save game data)

Update 1.299 is here, covering most of the stuff mentioned in the last pages. I think I missed one spelling error in a rather rare background tooltip (only came across the report after uploading). That will still get fixed eventually. Let me know in case anything didn't work out.

CE Resource Pack 1.299
- Corrected some spelling errors in fixed background graphics

CE Update 1.299
- Added decline option for Lanius deconstruction event after negotiating a better deal
- Pulled latest spell checking from github
- Fixed some more typos mentioned in the thread
- Fixed some backgrounds not using the _REAL list

CE Infinite Addon 1.299
- Fixed misc file not being rawappend
- Fixed some visual changes to crew not taking effect

CE Endless Loot 1.299 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.298 for CE Infinite
- Fixed Serve Drones not being named as such
- Fixed bad weapon ID on Engi Type C
- Fixed Zoltan B not using the current loadout in infinite version
- Switched one Ion Burst on Zoltan B to Quickshot
- Switched Ball Minelauncher on Slug B to Hull Ripper
- Fixed some visual changes to crew not taking effect
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:07 am

Sector ? Contested Deep Space, don't know what sector of actual "map" is that, jumping menu only says this information. Should install new version of mod to check if it changes something or it gonna wipe save? (not that can do anything with it anyway, in the meantime copied save away and played with different ship)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

Nighty wrote:Sector ? Contested Deep Space, don't know what sector of actual "map" is that, jumping menu only says this information. Should install new version of mod to check if it changes something or it gonna wipe save? (not that can do anything with it anyway, in the meantime copied save away and played with different ship)
I'm tracking these crashes but they seem super rare and it's hard to pin down the exact event that causes them. You might be better off continuing with you other runs, the current update hasn't touched events much at all, it's probably still there.
Nighty

Postby Nighty » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 am

Hmm, okay thanks, anyway, say if will need that save for any reason though, maybe something would show up in console (if there is any) or anything that gives game info in FTL.
blancfaye7

Postby blancfaye7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:27 am

Alright! New update! Going in to check if some bugs still exists, and if some spelling errors are still present. I'll do my best to help.

I will edit this post for more information later.

EDIT 1: Kind of a very minor detail, but the latest post and the changelogs of Sleeper Service has a Endless Loot 1.298 For CE Infinite, while the current version of Download link is 1.299 (which I think is more correct since the past version was 1.298).

EDIT 2: The bugs I have stated in this post about Saving then going back to game still exists. Quoting here for easier reading.

blancfaye7 wrote:When I relaunch FTL CE, the events on the specific sector I exited from have... changed.
E.G. I was in a store, where in I am in a menu of choosing trade goods. I exited from there, then when I came back, I received... a free weapon out of nowhere, and the trade goods menu have disappeared.
Being annoyed by this, I was cautious too when this happened.

The next time I went to another Store sector, I made it clear to myself to buy trade goods whenever the menu pops up.
Checked the store, saw crew members being sold. Saw a good crew member but I decided to buy him later so I exited the game.
When I came back to the game again, The crew member list changed!!!
The names changed, even the skill sets and even their color! The races remained intact, though.
I tried to exit the game again but when I came back the crew list persisted this time.
I did this again when I went to the Store of another new sector, and I have confirmed that the crew list DOES change the first time you exit the game, but if you exit the game twice from there on out, the crew data in store persists.

There was this another bug where I need to take a break from FTL, and I was in the Flagship Sector. I was on the 2nd phase of Rebel Flagship.
When I exited the game and came back again after a few hours, the Flagship was... acting weird.
I chose to wait at Base sector, but the Flagship was going away!
It went to another Sector, and this sector is just a random-rebel-taken sector.
This is where Flagship was attracted, BUT with a message on the top: "Number of turns before Base is destroyed: 3".
I was surprised... I mean, come on. Somehow that random sector is treated as THE BASE.
Another weird thing is that Flagship isn't staying there for more than 1 turn.
The moment he reaches that point, when the player ship moves or waits, he moves to another sector, then goes back in there with the message.

EDIT 3: I am happy that the CE crew is back on CE Infinite. :). But I noticed that the crew price range isn't right... In CE Regular they were supposed to be regular, if you know what I mean... lol. But in CE Infinite, The other Aliens must have been more expensive than usual. I remember the Rock costing around 200 scrap, rather than around 50 to 60.
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Oops, yeah I missed that price change. Fixed now.

CE Infinite Addon 1.299b
- Fixed crew not being sold at prices adjusted for infinite

CE Endless Loot 1.299 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.299b for CE Infinite
- Fixed crew not being sold at prices adjusted for infinite

blancfaye7 wrote:The bugs I have stated in this post about Saving then going back to game still exists. Quoting here for easier reading.
That one is out of my control unfortunately. Seems to be a vanilla thing, or at least there are similar bugs reported for vanilla (drone system for sale change drones that come bundled with it when saving and continuing the game). You can get around that stuff somehow by not saving at stores. The flagship stuff is super weird, but I have no idea in which way CE can cause this, so I have no way to fix it. Please keep in mind that we are screwing around with a game that was never really intended to be modded. Some stuff is simply out of my control.
blancfaye7

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.299/Inf 1.299b/EL 1.299b

Postby blancfaye7 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Alright! Noted. I will let it pass, and I think the Flagship bug is something that Vanilla FTL would cause as well... if it was out of your reach to begin with.
Nice updates and quick responses. :D

Downloading the updates now and see if I can find anymore problems. Thanks a lot for this mod.

EDIT 1:
Current Mod: CE Infinite.
Zoltan Ship where I chose to seize their cargo by force and I used Requisition License. After damaging them as much, this appeared.

EDIT 2:
"[...]YOU reconfigure[...]"

EDIT 3:
There should be some way in CE Infinite to choose whether you want to Jump later to Deep Space when you reach a sector with the Exit beacon. Sometimes there are several sectors that are past behind the Exit beacon, and I want to explore them before iI go to another Deep Space.

EDIT 4:
"[...]double CHECKS YOUR license[...]"
Last edited by blancfaye7 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Current Written Work: Planet Gradius
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:24 pm

I noticed something a little odd in the pirate store (STORE_OUTLAW)

if you don't have a cargo teleporter or aren't a pirate ship, then you can only buy the looted bounty, and small arms sells for a lot

if you do have a cargo tp or are a pirate ship, then you can buy the small arms but can't sell them...

I can't figure why there would be a difference... are you supposed to sell or buy them in pirate sectors?

it would maybe make sense if the pirate ship blue option was more than just opening up a cargo teleporter, but making the small arms only trade-able there for "pirate" ships goes against the rest of the trade goods mechanic.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm

I think I've brought this up before, but I'll bring it up again.

there seems to be a discrepancy between the description of the Assault prefix for missile-based weapons and the actual multiplier. the description states x0.75 but looking at the actual cooldown it looks more like x0.5. is that on purpose? in either case, one of them needs to be changed :roll: