FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ginger Dragon

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.953

Postby Ginger Dragon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 am

aaaaaa50 wrote:Hey Ginger Dragon, if you're going to do more playthrough with the mod, you should try out the Balanced Arsenal for Player Ships Addon 1.2 (There's a link in the first post.) It mixes up the starting weapons and drones for all player ships.

Alright, sweet. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll certainly do that!
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Greetings!
Enjoying the mod very much!
Had several issues with the game crushing.
It produces the same type of error -

Microoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
In the src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
line xxxxx*
expression: text

The lines are different, this time it was 1383, previous times were different, but don't remember what.
Currently in the beginning of sector 2, first jump after entry beacon in pirate controlled sector.
Previous time it was at jump from sector 6 to sector 7 - it was supposed to be civilian sector.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Found a bug!

With this mod, The Kestrel weapons are glitches and don't work. If you try to use these weapons, the game does a fatal error and quits.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Some errors persist but I have still problems determening the events that cause them. Also auto stations surrender and self-destruct seems to be glitched currently. I don't know why but they always try to surrender and never try to suicide.

Torchwood202 wrote:With this mod, The Kestrel weapons are glitches and don't work. If you try to use these weapons, the game does a fatal error and quits.

When did you download the mod? Cause I think I already fixed that in a hidden update... Please try the current download link and tell me if the error persists.

@ Ginger Dragon
Thanks for the vid, glad it didn't crash for you. :? You where pretty lucky during the run. Was nice to see the synergy that the scythe beam offers and that it actually can be useful, I was about to rebalance it but it seems fine like it is to me now.

I'll fix the stuff that was mentioned in the next update, probably along with adding some content. I noticed that Turning the Tide isn't really supported any more so I revived the Cruiser Extension idea. Rebel Cruiser is in the making.
J0SH37

Postby J0SH37 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

Should I use the turning the tide mod while I wait for your version or is it incompatible?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 am

Should be compatible, but I hasn't really been tested.

Rebel Cruiser Beta
As close as I could get to the background cruiser-sprite without breaking the general Rebel design specifics.
Hyperdrive

Postby Hyperdrive » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi guys ! Thanks for this mod ! I have to say, before testing it, I had doubts, but I'm actually having lots of fun ! The new ships look good, and I like the new events. In vanilla events, there's usually few choices and one stands out as the best ; in this mod I feel like I really have some interesting choices.
I just met a Rebel Auto-turret who surrendered and begged for its life ! But after I accepted its surrender and it gave me the map of the sector, it resumed its attack ! What a traitor :lol: ... but seriously, I think it's a bug.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

J0SH37 wrote:Should I use the turning the tide mod while I wait for your version or is it incompatible?

Honestly, I never use any other mods when playing with total conversion mods, for fear of screwing something up.
Sleeper Service wrote:Should be compatible, but I hasn't really been tested.

Rebel Cruiser Beta
As close as I could get to the background cruiser-sprite without breaking the general Rebel design specifics.

I love the ship! How will it be implemented? It would be neat if it was the 'boss' of sector- guarding the exit beacon when the rebel fleet has passed over it, although I don't know if that would be possible.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Thunderr wrote:I love the ship! How will it be implemented? It would be neat if it was the 'boss' of sector- guarding the exit beacon when the rebel fleet has passed over it, although I don't know if that would be possible.

Hm nice idea... 8-) I think that would actually be possible, the exit beacon has its own event to spawn elite Rebel so it could be modified to always spawn one. I'll really consider that.

The current concept indeed used the cruisers mainly as a mean to make rebel occupied beacons more dangerous. They will sometimes appear on occupied beacons. There will be also a chance that you run into them in Rebel sectors and a new quest will revolve around hunting down a forward cruiser of the fleet in other sector. Of course you can also also encounter them during the last stand, which will make the way to the flagship slightly more hazardous.

As you can imagine they pose a serious threat in combat. Cruiser classes are equally equipped like most player ships, with weaker hulls though, as I assume that the player ships have been specially refitted and customized for their mission. They are also good at escaping, just like player cruisers technically are (I guess classes below cruisers can't charge their FTL immediately for some reason) They will probably come in two layouts as well. Destroying a cruiser will always make an impression on the Rebel fleet, they will consolidate their forces and pursue you more cautiously. On occupied beacons you will not be able to salvage from the cruiser, but you still gain time. Farming sectors via taking out cruisers will not be possible.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Personally, I think you should add more events to this awesome mod. Otherwise, you did a great job on this monstrous project!