FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.269/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 am

Wow, I'm away for a week and there are six new pages to read through. Thanks for all your bug reports and inputs, they have been noted and will go into the next update. I won't be able to comment on everything right now, but I'm a little disturbed that there are death threads against people that create free to use game content. Well, the internet *shrug*. New moderators have been appointed to deal with the problem in my absence. Thanks for your support.

FreedomFighter wrote:Sometime defense drone went haywire, rotating and not target anything.

Some enemies classes in CE or EL can have the defense scrambler augment. ;)

Chazero wrote:Then I encountered a Rebel equipped with what looked like a chain vulcan of sorts. At first, it only fired 1 shot per burst. Suddenly, it just wouldn't stop firing. It just kept firing and firing and firing. I tried fighting against it by cloaking but my weapons took to long to charge I only managed to get one shot off while cloaking. After my cloak ended, I was finished. Boom, an entire playthrough ended by an infinitely firing chain vulcan. If the chain vulcan is supposed to do that, then it is OP as hell. If not, please get it fixed.

Do you use EL? If so, do you use the non-EL enemy weapon patch? Did the weapon look different than a normal vulcan? (color?)
Chazero

Postby Chazero » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 am

Do you use EL? If so, do you use the non-EL enemy weapon patch? Did the weapon look different than a normal vulcan? (color?)

Yes, I was using EL at the time. No, I wasn't using the non-EL enemy weapon patch. Since it has been several hours since the incident, I can't exactly remember the color. I should have also taken a screenshot of the weapon once the problem started. I think it was just a normal weapon although it could have been slightly colored. I am sure it wasn't darker, redder, greener, yellower, etc. than normal but I am not so sure if it was brighter or bluer than normal since I rarely ever encounter the normal vulcan. Hopefully that's enough info in order to track down the bug. Next time if I do encounter something similar, I'll take a screenshot.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:02 pm

I don't think it is Augment since when my defense drone got destroyed, the new one act like normal. If it is the Scramble Augment, my drone wouldn't shoot at anything like in normal game, but it spinning around instead. This case only happen if i activate drone too fast before combat really happen.
WildWolfofDark

Postby WildWolfofDark » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Is it possible we can get a 'Lite' version of EL for people who can't use it? I'd very much appreciate it.

Also it would be nice to have a third option at an exit beacon to "Not quite yet" use it so things like this don't happen below with Infinite.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:15 pm

WildWolfofDark wrote:Also it would be nice to have a third option at an exit beacon to "Not quite yet" use it so things like this don't happen below with Infinite.

Unfortunately that cannot be done. Once you hit an Exit Beacon, it's counted as "Explored" and upon returning you'd jump normally to the next sector instead of continuing on, and save yourself 10 fuel.
Spending 10 fuel is essentially saying "Not quite yet" as you can return, until the Rebel Fleet catches up. Then you gotta spend another 10 fuel or jump away.
iantlopp

Postby iantlopp » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:28 am

Having searched through the forums as much as my eyes are capable of (they hurt now and are going fuzzy), I can't seem to get an actual answer that works for my problem. I've been playing with CE for a few days now, everything seemed to work - but I noticed I was supposed to be running a couple of mods that never seemed to show up. One is High Res shields (not the vanilla version that is already in CE), and the other is Extended Pursuit indicator x24 with numbering.
I realized I'd had the mods arranged in improper order, and after the latest death in sector 1 (yeah, so I'm a noob), I decided to rectify this. Using SMM, I reverted everything to vanilla (no checkmarks - clicked on Patch), then closed SMM, then reloaded it, and went through the forums for all the mods I use to make sure they were in correct order, then hit Patch, and suddenly I'm getting a LOT of lines that say "Skipping junk file" and list .xml files, and clobbering earlier mods, etc... (none of this happened before this reorder) SMM then asked if I wanted to play and I said yes. Everything seemed to work (except the same lack of Highres Shields and Extended Pursuit Indicator), so I disabled all mods again, then reenabled, to the same effect. Did searches on here and on Google thinking maybe there was some other repository possibly, and still no answer other than Download files again.
Since then, I have uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled FTL 1.5.13, SMM 1.6, and ALL of the mods, they have now been moved into a separate folder, and I'm copying them out of that folder for fear that somehow SMM or something else is corrupting the files. but even with all of that, I still get the errors.
So, uninstall, reinstall, redownload, and now I'm just trying to load the mods that are listed ON the Captain's Edition first post (that I was interested in, Infinite, Non-EL), etc. and everything in correct order, and STILL skipping files and clobbering..

The mods I'm using that are on the CE main page are (in the order I have them set up in SMM):
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
better_asteroids.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.269.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.269.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.266.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.266.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.266.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers v.1.0.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl
FTL Equal Opportunity Employment 1.0.ftl
CrystalWeaponSounds pt2 - CE 1.0.ftl
Shiny! UI and Graphics v1.0 for CE.ftl
Highres Shields V1.1.ftl
(not activated) Artillery Crash Fix 1.0.ftl

And when trying to run the mods that are ONLY on the CE main page, I'm not using:
better_asteroids.ftl
Highres Shields v1.1.ftl
Artillery Crash Fix 1.0.ftl

Also, I've done all the above mentioned steps with and without running "Large Address Aware.exe" after reinstall of FTL.

P.S. is Equal Opportunity Employment implemented into CE? It seems like it *should* be as it's made by Sleeper Service..

P.P.S. This all seemed to happen right after I tried to extract all the files from data.dat using FTLDat.jar. As stated above, I have reinstalled everything from the ground up, to still have this problem plague me.

***As an update to the above, I just tried to "Validate all files" on a fresh copy of everything, and I got a long list of all the errors that I see happen when I actually try to patch the game. Same errors across the board.
I'm also not running this from C:\Program Files (x86)\ it's installed in C:\Users\Ian T. Lopp\Downloads\Games\FTL - Faster Than Light (how I've been installing games lately - because of issues with Program Files in WinVista and above).
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:19 am

iantlopp wrote:The mods I'm using that are on the CE main page are (in the order I have them set up in SMM):
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
better_asteroids.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.269.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.269.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.266.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.266.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.266.ftl
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26.ftl
Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers v.1.0.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl
Highres Shields V1.1.ftl
(not activated) Artillery Crash Fix 1.0.ftl

And when trying to run the mods that are ONLY on the CE main page, I'm not using:
better_asteroids.ftl
Highres Shields v1.1.ftl
Artillery Crash Fix 1.0.ftl

All of the "skipping junk file" and "clobbering" messages Slipstream gives are normal, that shouldn't necessarily affect your game in any way.

If you want the Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 to show up you should install that after Shiny!
I am not sure about High Res Shields, (The Triangle Version) it should be working if you're installing it after everything else.

Also, I should point out:
1.)Yes, Equal Opportunity comes with the expansive list of names CE adds, so you don't need that file
2.)better_asteroids is implemented into Shiny!, so you don't need that file

I hope that helps.
iantlopp

Postby iantlopp » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:33 am

Russian Rockman wrote:All of the "skipping junk file" and "clobbering" messages Slipstream gives are normal, that shouldn't necessarily affect your game in any way.

If you want the Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 to show up you should install that after Shiny!
I am not sure about High Res Shields, (The Triangle Version) it should be working if you're installing it after everything else.

Also, I should point out:
1.)Yes, Equal Opportunity comes with the expansive list of names CE adds, so you don't need that file
2.)better_asteroids is implemented into Shiny!, so you don't need that file

I hope that helps.

Thanks very much for the reply - I guess I'm just being overly paranoid and just didn't notice the issues before.. Thanks about the placement of the Extended Pursuit Indicator.
As a note - not saying your'e wrong on any of this, obviously, you know what you're doing - but I had carefully handplaced everything based on the info on the main page on CE (that puts the Pursuit Indicator) above randomFlagship, and your own Shiny mod is placed at bottom as per your direction on your main post about Shiny
This mod should usually be loaded after all other mods, except for custom ship mods. It is designed to be compatible with most other popular mods I know about, though some patches may be required (see below).

I figured out that I'd need to put the Hi Res Shields mod afterwards because yours implements the classic shields, but I still haven't seen it. I'm going to redo the mods order list once more based on your instructions and maybe I'll see things working.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 am

iantlopp wrote:Thanks very much for the reply - I guess I'm just being overly paranoid and just didn't notice the issues before.. Thanks about the placement of the Extended Pursuit Indicator.
As a note - not saying your'e wrong on any of this, obviously, you know what you're doing - but I had carefully handplaced everything based on the info on the main page on CE (that puts the Pursuit Indicator) above randomFlagship, and your own Shiny mod is placed at bottom as per your direction on your main post about Shiny

I figured out that I'd need to put the Hi Res Shields mod afterwards because yours implements the classic shields, but I still haven't seen it. I'm going to redo the mods order list once more based on your instructions and maybe I'll see things working.

Very good point, I should edit my mod load order tip to say "custom ship mods or other graphical mods". Thank you for pointing that out. ;) I will have to put a more detailed load order list up sometime soon. Thanks again for trying my mod.

Hopefully I fixed your Fleet Pursuit Indicator problem, but I still have absolutely no idea why the High Res Shields are not showing up. If that is at the bottom of your load order it should be working fine. :?
iantlopp

Postby iantlopp » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:51 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Very good point, I should edit my mod load order tip to say "custom ship mods or other graphical mods". Thank you for pointing that out. ;) I will have to put a more detailed load order list up sometime soon. Thanks again for trying my mod.

No worries, I expect most people know about this stuff more than I, but I hate to just jump onto a forum and ask questions without thoroughly trying to figure it out for myself.
And I'm not "trying your mod." I'm thoroughly enjoying the everloving hell out of your mod - bit of a difference.

I still have absolutely no idea why the High Res Shields are not showing up though. If that is at the bottom of your load order it should be working fine. :?

And the shields are now showing. I will admit, it is possible that in my haste to figure out what all the skipping files and clobbering files thing was all about, I might have missed the shields.
The pursuit indicator now works - I thought it didn't, and that might have been the bigger reason for my failure at understanding all this. I had modified the CE Infinite mod to delay 10 jumps instead of 5, and apparently, the indicator doesn't show up till the turn they're no longer delayed, i.e. as if they hadn't been delayed at all, and it's the very start of the game. As a result, the indicator never showed before I got my @$$ handed to me over and over before.
So... chalk one up to overly paranoid response. 2 days of this response. I should get a new hobby.