FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SgtFrog

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.27/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby SgtFrog » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:11 am

Endless Loot never seems to work for me. Every time I try to get it to work on Slipstream (along with CE Infinite), the mod installation process gets stuck on Endless Loot.

EDIT: Hold on, I took a closer look at the lines of code that scroll past...One line in particular says "Exception in thread 'Thread-6' java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".

That doesn't look good.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 am

My RNG was so bad lately that i didn't get any Store even after 3 deep space jump. Was living with 7 HP left and i kept surrender to big muscle ship. If surrender is not an option, i just cloak my ship and hack their weapon until i can jump.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 am

Why are Phase Ions listed as AE content? As far as I can tell, putting shield-pierce on an ion weapon isn't a feature exclusive to AE.

[Changed the image. Apparently wikia really doesn't like being hotlinked. Apparently this also means that the image on CE wiki is permanently blurry now. Thanks wikia.]

Russian Rockman wrote:You're quote about Captains Edition is on the OP... :lol: :|

http://i.imgur.com/VbqNcJU.png

sleeper service, you sly dog
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:45 am

NarnKar wrote:Why are Phase Ions listed as AE content? As far as I can tell, putting shield-pierce on an ion weapon isn't a feature exclusive to AE.

Well, pretty much anything that was added after AE is considered AE content. The only thing that really needs updating is the Effector images, they are still using the old non-glowy images when they were meant to be hacking weapons rather than field projector weapons.

Also, I noticed the Plasma thrower drone is left out of the Drones collage. Poor thing... :(
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 am

Why would Slugs care about enslave other people anyway? I though Slugs, and Mantis don't give a damn about enslaving other people :S
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:36 pm

FreedomFighter wrote:Why would Slugs care about enslave other people anyway? I though Slugs, and Mantis don't give a damn about enslaving other people :S

Really? Well Slugs are very interested in the black market trade where possibly selling of slaves of other races would be in high demand I assume for the war and stuff. .. perhaps.

But the Mantis... they are the only race in game that are enslave other races REGULARLY. Particularly the Engi.

You ever wondered why Engi would serve on a mantis ship with mantis crewmembers regularly during a war with the mantis? I doubt they simply forgot which side they are fighting on the war considering the fact they do not trust other races much and would often sacrifice others instead of betray there own kind.
(The part I talk about the Mantis is all vanilla content and not CE only)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:06 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:You ever wondered why Engi would serve on a mantis ship with mantis crewmembers regularly during a war with the mantis? I doubt they simply forgot which side they are fighting on the war considering the fact they do not trust other races much and would often sacrifice others instead of betray there own kind.

Well going by my Game of Thrones knowledge here... if you torture a slave enough, they eventually break down and serve you loyally. Perhaps the Engies serving on the Mantis ships had that happen.

Or the Mantis simply reprogrammed them... or the slave traders did it before handing the Engi slave over. This would also explain why on a Mantis ship there are no other alien races serving onboard with them. Because the others take longer to reprogram.

And according to that one out-of-fuel event with the Engies, they can be reprogrammed to fight rather than give you an I/O error.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:30 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:You ever wondered why Engi would serve on a mantis ship with mantis crewmembers regularly during a war with the mantis? I doubt they simply forgot which side they are fighting on the war considering the fact they do not trust other races much and would often sacrifice others instead of betray there own kind.

Well going by my Game of Thrones knowledge here... if you torture a slave enough, they eventually break down and serve you loyally. Perhaps the Engies serving on the Mantis ships had that happen.

Or the Mantis simply reprogrammed them... or the slave traders did it before handing the Engi slave over. This would also explain why on a Mantis ship there are no other alien races serving onboard with them. Because the others take longer to reprogram.

And according to that one out-of-fuel event with the Engies, they can be reprogrammed to fight rather than give you an I/O error.
The thing that is sort of problematic with your ideas is one does not simply reprogram a engi. They are a sentient being with a 'Hive" like mind from each nano-bot to nano-bot that makes up the whole organism. Kinda like how a biological being have there cells communicate to each other... but in a more advance method which could be going along the ideas of like having a engi being more like a country with it's own 'goverment'. a colony of nanobots to form a larger physical being so to say... my idea on the take that is.

(note: there is evidence supporting that engi med bot dispersal are actually engi themself.)

I think 'brain washing' engi (regular term) is probable but the thing is out of all the races that can be manipulated I doubt the mantis could do that... they can't even hold a rench let alone reprogram and rewrite a organisms 'brain'.

I still think the engi are simply there as war slaves. forced as labour. It doesn't want to die. it want's to continue it's existence.

if it was some other race I think under those harsh conditions they would have jumped out of the air lock quite soon... probably is the reason why there is no human slaves on mantis ships.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:39 am

BUG REPORT: I FOUND A MANTIS

hehehe get it mantids are bugs

On a real note, reddit user cogsandspigots put together a playlist of the CE Additional Soundtrack songs. Check it out here.

On another real note, what are the legendary EL weapons?
R4V3-0N

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:42 am

NarnKar wrote:BUG REPORT: I FOUND A MANTIS

hehehe get it mantids are bugs

You sir deserve top cookie.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.