FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FearTheBlaziken

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:39 am

As 1.6.1 is in beta, it might be unnecessary to fix CE to become compatible with the new update. But I still managed to fix up a patch to cover most issues with 1.6.1, as well as properly remove Trade Goods from your cargo when traded as part of 1.6.1's new remove tag.

Download my patches here

Code: Select all

List of errors/changes for Sleeper for convenience purposes for the next time you update CE:
- I would like to apologize for the false fix in terms of the fleet, you'll have to make the Fleet ship spawn in the first event instance to not break it when re-entering the beacon post-defeat. The rest of the issues in my previous posts apply, however.

- misc and tooltip tags are moved to text_misc/tooltips.xml
- To apply my Trade removal patches, append one of my append xml commands (in any events file in my patch mod) using the SMM XML sandbox
What the command would look like:
"<mod:findLike>
<mod:findLike>
   <mod:findLike type="choice">
      <mod:selector req="TE_GOODS_CIVILIAN_CONSUMER"/>
      <mod:findLike type="event">
         <mod-append:remove name="TE_GOODS_CIVILIAN_CONSUMER"/>
         <mod:findLike type="choice">
            <mod:removeTag />
         </mod:findLike>
</mod:findLike>"
- Font file formats have changed, to get the small weapons text back, download slow's "Silly Text" mod from Discord or my patches
- Elements that have changed from words to symbols will break if CE is installed
- The new options buttons blocks the 'hover' text on certain hazard backgrounds
- 'Allies' for ASB is visible at the start beacon, find it in text_misc.xml to remove it
- Hostile window must be removed from resource pack
- The Pursuit indicator is moved to img\map
- custom_main.png (Hangar) will have to be remade

- While I am also here, I may as well talk about the Infinite Flagship, the Artillery doesn't spawn at Lv5 as intended, to do this, you will have to set the Artillery Max at Lv5. To restrict Players from using Lv5 artillery, set 'max="4"' to all ships artillery tags. See blueprints.xml.append to see how I've done it in https://www.dropbox.com/s/aingozot4qmcpr6/CE%20Infinite%20Addon%201.301b.ftl?dl=0

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Oh wow, just saw the modding related changes in the log, really cool what they did there. I guess I'll have to adjust sale prices then, since with the removal tag you don't get the additional scrap from selling the augs afterwards... I'll try to put together an update at the weekend. Till then can I link your patch in the OP? Thanks for taking the time to make this by the way.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 pm

While you're editing the OP, there are 14 "http://www.ftlgame.com/" links that should become "https://subsetgames.com/".

* Watch out for "https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/" when you search/replace.
4n4

Postby 4n4 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

The beta update broke some things, it seems. Noticed these sounds missing with a quick test run. SMM 1.9, latest CE and resourcefiles, EL for standard CE.

Code: Select all

Sound name not found: focusbeam3
Sound name not found: focusbeam2
Sound name not found: focusbeam1
Sound name not found: heavyLaserScatter3
Sound name not found: heavyLaserScatter2
Sound name not found: heavyLaserScatter1
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi All

I started working on an update but it will still take some time to figure everything out. The FTL update is still in beta as far as I can see, so for now you might want to stick with the non-beta version or use FearTheBlaziken's patch (now linked in the op.)

4n4 wrote:Noticed these sounds missing with a quick test run.
Yeah looks like they have been cut from the game entirely now (those where unused sounds that where part of games resources). I'll re-add them with the update.

Vhati wrote:While you're editing the OP, there are 14 "http://www.ftlgame.com/" links that should become "https://subsetgames.com/".
Right that should be sorted out now.
Fritz1776

Postby Fritz1776 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Noticed a minor but nevertheless quite annoying UI bug pertaining to the oxygen level and evasion chance. Unless you have your engines completely disabled the UI is horribly misaligned.

Comparison:
ImageImage

I'm also having a lot of issues with fullscreen mode as the mouse keeps jumping across the screen for some weird reason. FYI I am playing with the patched version.
KarlssoNN

Postby KarlssoNN » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 pm

@Fritz1776: One of the fixes in FTL 1.6.2 beta was to fix the jumping cursor. It had something to do with the newest Windows 10 update.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Can anyone help me remember?

I think I played CE Infinite where the Boss fight was insanely hard - it drained itself of oxygen, killing its own crew and making boarding impossible; there was also support from the Rebel fleet, as well as certain events during the battle. Now... which mod does that? Is that a part of Randomized Flagship? CE Infinite itself?

I could have been trying out an experimental version of a Flagship mod by Russian Rockman, like the one from here, but since he has not been around since 2016 I can't quite verify.

Can't test it now, sadly, so I am limited to asking questions.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Main CE does the oxygen drain thing in phase three. The flagship can't have fire support but phase three has a small chance to feature one of the vanilla hazards (nebula, sun, asteroid, can work in your favour). Other than that the flagship has connected weapon rooms even on normal. It's laser artillery deals more damage per shot and the beam artillery has extended range and moves very slow. The flagship also has some defensive augs (Reverse Ion Field, Titaniums System Casing) on phase 3 and will activate repair drones once the crew is dead. As far as I remember these where all the main CE changes.

In addition to that, CE Infinite boosts the flagship weapon power, leading to faster attacks. Infinite also gives it more defensive augs on all phase I think.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm just going to bring this up as a possible heads-up, since I'm at a loss of ideas as to what's going on. I've begun to work on testing to ensure that CR is working with the 1.6 beta. The stores and how they're set up is unchanged from CE, I'm 98% sure of it. The problem is that for reasons that I cannot figure out, the Stores are NOT appearing on the Map Screen at all. If someone can identify if this is also happening in CE within the 1.6 beta, then maybe we can figure out just what's causing it to break like this.

EDIT: False alarm, it seems that the error is being caused by one of the optional submods that wasn't properly adapted for 1.6. x.x