FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b [New Release: CE Infinite]

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Russian Rockman wrote::?: :!: :!:
OK, so i just went on base CE and put a Crystal Beacon in Sector 8, the Final battle, and I went to the Crystal Sector no problem. :D Then When I jumped out of the Crystal Sector again the game DID NOT CRASH, instead it put me right back into the beginning of the Last Stand!!! I am not sure if this is good for anything, but it is quite interesting. ;)

Pretty interesting indeed. I would guess this did reset the last stand? Did you try doing that several times repeatedly, like jumping to deep space, back to last stand, back to deep space and so on?
Estel

Postby Estel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I've actually never played KotOR... :roll: No seriously, let the ridicule commence... :|

Huh, incidentally, there are a Squid race there, that is only ever meet as various overlords representing Exchange (galactic-spanning criminal organization). Anyway, [off-topic] With a bunch of restoration and gnraphic mods for Kotor2, and "Solomon's Revenge" for Kotor1, I really recommend those games. Especially 2 (after content got restored) is close to my heart - I can't wait for other things from Chris Avellone, namely "Numenera: Torment"![/off-topic]

Russian Rockman wrote:It's not unheard of for pirates to cooperate with one another. To take down bigger targets they would have to be organized. Sometimes less known pirates could help a more popular pirate in a raid. During the Golden age of Piracy several pirate leaders almost set up their own "country" in the pirate haven of Nassau. And usually pirates live by some laws or code. Not all the pirates have to be unified under one banner though, there could be rival factions of Squids. To me, it makes sense that somebody would be "loosely" organizing the pirates and encouraging people to take up pirating during the chaos of the war.

And I got this idea because EVERY pirate ship has the squid symbol. Not all pirates had skull and crossbones in the real world. In fact, I think there was only one captain with that oh so stereotypical flag. This suggests that they are all part of the same pirate faction. Perhaps we could change some of the pirate ships to have a different logo. That would be interesting.

Well, they must be cooperating (we have seen pirate-run stations, etc) to some extent, and so-called pirate Homeworlds are all about less or more organized crime ;) What I'm sceptical about is associating running crime business with a single race - well, even amongst treacherous slugs, there are honorable ones. Tendency to put certain races as stereotypical crime lords (hint : Huts, Hint: mentioned squids) seems to be a little over-used.

/Estel

// Edit

Sleeper, if it prove to work in stable way, it would allow to turn last stand entry beacon into deep space/next sector choose event (where next sector would just left player where he is), spawning Deep Space with lvl 8 enemies, right? Right? :D
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

I have some ideas about last stand (if Russian Rockman is right):
When you arrive to last stand, federation commander say you something like that: "We know that flagship move here but we cant detect it because... You must search for it in nearby sectors" and gives you some sort of scanning augment. After that you teleport to deep space sector. New augment provide blue option in exit beacon that allow you to search for the flagship. Outcomes:
1. (75%) You don't find any flagship signals (teleport to next deep space sector)
2. (25%) You find flagship signal at one of the beacons! You should told this to federation commanders. (Jump back to last stand)
In last stand starting event (you should add blue option for flagship scanner) you talk with commander and go to fight with flagship.
Sorry for my bad English, but you should know what I talking about anyway... :?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Nider_01 wrote:I have some ideas about last stand (if Russian Rockman is right):
When you arrive to last stand, federation commander say you something like that: "We know that flagship move here but we cant detect it because... You must search for it in nearby sectors" and gives you some sort of scanning augment. After that you teleport to deep space sector. New augment provide blue option in exit beacon that allow you to search for the flagship. Outcomes:
1. (75%) You don't find any flagship signals (teleport to next deep space sector)
2. (25%) You find flagship signal at one of the beacons! You should told this to federation commanders. (Jump back to last stand)
In last stand starting event (you should add blue option for flagship scanner) you talk with commander and go to fight with flagship.
Sorry for my bad English, but you should know what I talking about anyway... :?

It should be noted that 'Infinite Space' cannot bring you back to the last stand, because Crystal sectors bring you to the NEXT sector when you finish them (without jumping to another secret sector). There is no sector 9, so that won't work.
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:53 pm

English Narwhal wrote:It should be noted that 'Infinite Space' cannot bring you back to the last stand, because Crystal sectors bring you to the NEXT sector when you finish them (without jumping to another secret sector). There is no sector 9, so that won't work.

I mean that this will work if Russian Rockman's information is true (check out his last post)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Nider_01 wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:It should be noted that 'Infinite Space' cannot bring you back to the last stand, because Crystal sectors bring you to the NEXT sector when you finish them (without jumping to another secret sector). There is no sector 9, so that won't work.

I mean that this will work if Russian Rockman's information is true (check out his last post)

What the actual what.
I double checked, and I think it's just spawning The Last Stand in every sector after 7, or something silly like that. How... cool.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:21 pm

That opens up mulitple possibilities for time travel events, does it not?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:That opens up mulitple possibilities for time travel events, does it not?

As long as time travel means going back to the last stand.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Pretty interesting indeed. I would guess this did reset the last stand? Did you try doing that several times repeatedly, like jumping to deep space, back to last stand, back to deep space and so on?

Yeah I double checked, even went through the cycle multiple times. I got "time traveled" back to the beginning of last stand each time. Every I go back to the last stand it resets completely, including the Boss. I told you that with modding this game sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised trying strange things.

Also, i may be dreaming, but I got a ridiculous scrap reward from one event while doing this. Like 77 scrap. maybe that' what you normally would get in sector 8 though. So you CAN get to Sector 8 difficulty and stay in Deep Space after that.

BTW to test this I used the FTL Profile Editor to spawn the Crystal beacon.

@ Mr. Mister
This really is only capable of being done on the last stand, you can't "time travel" any other time.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Pretty interesting indeed. I would guess this did reset the last stand? Did you try doing that several times repeatedly, like jumping to deep space, back to last stand, back to deep space and so on?

Yeah I double checked, even went through the cycle multiple times. I got time traveled back to the beginning of last stand each time. Every I go back to the last stand it resets completely, including the Boss. I told you that with modding this game sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised trying strange things.

Yeah. It should be noted that the basic release of FTL Infinite Space 2.0 is unrelated to this :lol: .