FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
acetwinelf

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.243a/Inf 1.242/EL 1.242

Postby acetwinelf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:51 am

question some times when is use the standard engins to jump to the next secotor it keeps making me spend more fuel and starts damageing my hull then I get stuck spending more fuel and damageing my ship until it gets destroy and all you can do is press continue am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch or is this supposed to happen
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:32 am

acetwinelf wrote:question some times when is use the standard engins to jump to the next secotor it keeps making me spend more fuel and starts damageing my hull then I get stuck spending more fuel and damageing my ship until it gets destroy and all you can do is press continue am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch or is this supposed to happen

That should be fixed in the current version (1.243a)

CrashSanders wrote:Got something to report, without a screenshot though. A black background that seems not to be 'healed' by correctly positioned mods, which is weird. I don't know what's the sector, only know it's a quest battle vs huge Mantis ship.

Hm... screenshot would indeed be helpful. What exactly was the event about and what happened visually?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm

For some reason, I was encountering a red/brown Engi Drone Harbour and there was an Engi in the oxygen room who wouldn't go out and die to my Lanius crew. I couldn't even move the Lanius in there. I know the room wasn't isolated as there was a door but no one could go in or out.

There was also a hilarious case in one of the Rebel Destroyers (or was it a Frigate?) where one Rebel got stuck in the middle of the room above the Medbay and wouldn't go any further. My crew wiped him out but I still found it odd they were stuck there.

There might be some issues with the doors of some of the ships/stations. I'd post screenshots but well... I forgot to after I defeated the crews.

Also, sometimes I encounter a Rebel Rigger who asks for me to surrender, much like those Rebel stations. Problem is that the event treats it like they are a station, despite it clearly being a Rigger.

Lastly... Mantis Sectors. I hear skittering and I'm boarded by Mantis warriors. Did they use a shuttle? The Teleporter Disruptor certainly didn't sent those bugs back into whatever hive they crawled out of. But if they took a shuttle why didn't my Slug say "Dude, I sssense a ssshuttle coming?"
Not saying the Disruptor should be 100% perfect at stopping boarding events, but I can't really think how those bugs got onboard without me noticing or stopping them.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Hm... screenshot would indeed be helpful. What exactly was the event about and what happened visually?

Sorry, I've lost the moment and hardly able to reproduce it. But visually it was just a quest from a distress, I cam by and shot some rockets to weaken Mantis defenses, and then I've been engaged by that big Mantis ship - probs troop carrier cuz it teleported two mantises on my board. What about the code I gave in the same post?
acetwinelf

Postby acetwinelf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:05 pm

sleeper this is just a thought but could you make it to where when you go to a hadourdzs beacon if you hover your mouse over the disaster it would show a discribition of the disaster
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 pm

stylesrj wrote:Also, sometimes I encounter a Rebel Rigger who asks for me to surrender, much like those Rebel stations. Problem is that the event treats it like they are a station, despite it clearly being a Rigger.

Do you remember what the event text said exactly? Else I won't be able to identify that event. I'll look into that bugged door links.

stylesrj wrote:Lastly... Mantis Sectors. I hear skittering and I'm boarded by Mantis warriors. Did they use a shuttle? The Teleporter Disruptor certainly didn't sent those bugs back into whatever hive they crawled out of. But if they took a shuttle why didn't my Slug say "Dude, I sssense a ssshuttle coming?"
Not saying the Disruptor should be 100% perfect at stopping boarding events, but I can't really think how those bugs got onboard without me noticing or stopping them.

Well we are on the same page here, I also did not want the disrupter to be 100% save, especially in a sector where boarding makes up the greatest thread. I can come up with some scenarios how they got aboard your ship (this is a vanilla event text by the way).
- Secret shuttle boarding sounds legit. CE already established that mind shielding is possible, so they might have portable devices that hide them from your slug.
- Stowaways from a station/store you visited?
- Parts of another ship/boarding crew that secretly came aboard and hid till the time felt right?

CrashSanders wrote:Sorry, I've lost the moment and hardly able to reproduce it. But visually it was just a quest from a distress, I cam by and shot some rockets to weaken Mantis defenses, and then I've been engaged by that big Mantis ship - probs troop carrier cuz it teleported two mantises on my board. What about the code I gave in the same post?

The validation stuff does not really matter, but it seems likely that this is mod order related. Check the template in the first post and make sure that you have Better Planets and Backgrounds placed before CE and the BPaB compatibility patch after both.

acetwinelf wrote:sleeper this is just a thought but could you make it to where when you go to a hadourdzs beacon if you hover your mouse over the disaster it would show a discribition of the disaster

Nope I can't, but all the new hazards effects are hinted at in most of the possible event texts that lead to them.
condonzack

Postby condonzack » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:37 pm

So I've had a bunch of consistent graphics problems. Most common is where some stuff doesn't show up. Like the text for mouse over info for weapons and things appear, but not the boxes. And when I try to jump none of the beacons showing up. It seems to be related to a problem I have with crashed after loading a save or alt tabbing out and back into the game. I've had these since I first downloaded CE, a few months ago.

EDIT: it should be noted that the graphics often fix themselves after a minute or two. I'm much more concerned about the instability.

EDIT2: I'm playing 1.241 and there is a sector called Contermination at- OK. SO I WAS JUST CLICK BETWEEN FIREFOX AND MY WINDOWED FTL GAME TO MAKE SURE I GOT THE SECTOR NAME RIGHT AND IT CRASH WITHOUT MESSAGE ON ME GAH.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 pm

CrashSanders wrote:Also question: how do I install Russian Rockman's Shiny! UI Overhaul in order for it to work correctly and to keep CE's portraits (which I dig btw) intact.

P.S.: Also this after trying to validate the mod list:

I actually haven't gotten around to adding the portraits back into the CE version... :roll: Sorry! I kind of cheated since I was busy and used the vanilla versions base images. That is the first thing I plan to fix! I didn't expect the mod to become so popular all of a sudden... :?

In the meantime, let me know in the Shiny! Thread if you notice any other issues.
acetwinelf

Postby acetwinelf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 pm

If you have one crew member and it's uh men and you talk to him at an empty beacon and he asks to go with his family if you dismiss him do you lose
FreakinZombie

Postby FreakinZombie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Do you remember what the event text said exactly? Else I won't be able to identify that event. I'll look into that bugged door links.

Hi Sleeper. Did you happen to see my post on page 416? Hope I'm not being annoying, but I just had a feeling you missed it since you didn't respond and it was quite a large post. ;)
I do Let's Plays for FTL: Captain's Edition and some other mods as well. If you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 94Z-L1TDrq