FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Captain Trek

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.293/Inf 1.28/EL 1.286

Postby Captain Trek » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:56 am

rounix wrote:The RAM usage is about 1 740 000 K (all the time)

That's really bizarre. My copy of FTL (with CE) only uses about 250 meg of ram, not 1.75 gig.
rounix

Postby rounix » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:57 pm

You should google Large Address Aware, it should help FTL get more ram from the system if you have it. People usually don't get this problem unless really heavily modded with endless loot and stuff.

Thank you! Thank you very much! It's working! ( I played about 5 minutes and everything was great, no crahes!)
Thank you again! :D
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Gidoza wrote:That's a silly explanation when we're refuelling, buying and selling weapons, installing new systems, and so on, with no time taken. Loading cargo is a whiff of smoke in comparison. With fleet pursuit doubling, it's never worth using Trade Goods unless they're acquired randomly or at least one of the two stages of the store trade has a cargo teleporter (sensibly, it can only be the first one where you purchase it).

That's because all that stuff is readily available at the port and doesn't require much time. You're pulling up to the pumps and loading the fuel in. Weapons and stuff are sold for baseline prices.

Cargo on the other hand, if you sell them at the port, you don't get much money but you save time. Selling it to a client without a teleporter though, you've got to move those boxes or an entire ship hull further. Chances are the client isn't going to use their own transport, you've got to carry it yourself to their warehouse. Or take it from their warehouse and hire transport to load it onto your ship.

It's hardly worth it to deal in trade goods without a Teleporter.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm

CE Endless Loot 1.293 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.293 for CE Infinite
- fixed new AI avatar sprites not appearing
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:09 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:As for the missing Mantis gib, that's a glitch in the CE Resource Pack and therefore Sleeper needs to fix that out (and you can manually fix it in the meantime for your own copy). The file img/ship/mantis_scout_c_pirate_gib4.png inside the resource pack had the word pirate typo'd and thus was not being loaded.

Apparently, you misspelled a word for one of the new (old?) gib images, and as a result, the Mantis Assassin and the Pirate Mantis Interceptor have their left wing missing when they explode.

Image from mr_easy_money:

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:38 pm

FearTheBlaziken wrote:*snip*

Yeah I guess I should have posted here instead of a direct pm to Sleeper... err, um sorry about that. I just figured that there was a discussion going on but, I don't know. I guess all bug fixes should be posted here rather than in a pm. That way everybody knows you did the fix...

thanks for pointing it out officially I guess. :oops:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:41 am

CE Resource Pack 1.293b
- Fixed missing Mantis Scout gib
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:39 am

Hello. I catched recently few things.
1.I love new AI avatar skins and thank you for your quick update for endless loot addon, which let me watch it in my games. But in my last run I met one beacon when I could hire some crew and one din't show anything (just like before the update). Was it impossible to put new avatar there?

https://zapodaj.net/4eaa5c1086fa6.png.html

2.Once, you mentioned that new CE hazards will have some info what they exactly do. I saw one example when some Ion barrier took me one shield bubble. Then in next few jumps I met two hazards without any tooltip:

https://zapodaj.net/e9634d7344e41.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/ab02c212bdf5b.png.html

3.In the example below I couldn't choose targeting jammer option beacuse there wasn't such an option. I'm sorry that I didn't catch exact event on screen, but maybe some ship will tell you what it is. Maybe another time I will catch the event:

https://zapodaj.net/93d3b90d06dbb.png.html

4.One more example we were talking about few months earlier. Some old asteroid background is mixed with hi res background:

https://zapodaj.net/f97dc003e6089.png.html

5.Two frames were too small when I got a drone (it's the same event):

https://zapodaj.net/3584028e5bb34.png.html
https://zapodaj.net/0780de0f9e2fb.png.html

6.Again hanged weapon which stops shooting after few volleys. This time laser one.

https://zapodaj.net/8643df9ef83b7.png.html

I have question about the flux prefix for drones. Did you repair it when I mentioned that my flux drone was unable to shoot at the enemy? I didn't see nothing about it in changelogs. I hope you didn't missed my bug notifications, cos there was few of them recently.

EDIT 1:
Just a while ago, I met a ship which disabled me one bar in my weapons bay. I couldn't mann them, that's what I already knew. But when he hit me and destroyed one bar shouldn't be destroyed the same bar which was disabled? Because I couldn't use my 3 of 4 bars left (Icould use only 2 of 4) and game showed me 3 usable bars.

https://zapodaj.net/91725364faf49.png.html

Additional question: Isn't possible to make some info about what different ships block on our ship. Sometimes text are just too long too read every time, and info about it like in hazards would be very appreciated. Sometimes I ran the situations when my oxygen system was disabled, i didn't read the text (coz it was only continue option), and when my crew was suffocating, then I realized that I have my 02 blocked. I know it is doubling the information, but it would be really good thing, of course if it is possible to do.
Last edited by ahmedoo on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 am

ahmedoo wrote:I have question about the flux prefix for drones. Did you repair it when I mentioned that my flux drone was unable to shoot at the enemy? I didn't see nothing about it in changelogs. I hope you didn't missed my bug notifications, cos there was few of them recently.
Those are all kept on record, I'll fix those eventually but so far it has been hard to track down what the exact is exactly.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:20 pm

I'll chime in real quick with a few answers while I figure out how to tackle this... holiday, if it deserves such a title.
1.I love new AI avatar skins and thank you for your quick update for endless loot addon, which let me watch it in my games. But in my last run I met one beacon when I could hire some crew and one din't show anything (just like before the update). Was it impossible to put new avatar there?

This seems to be a hardcoded issue with the game in general, likely due to the fact that the Ghost crew class is programmed to always appear with a certain degree of transparency. My guess is that the game doesn't like displaying things in the rewards box unless they are completely opaque, so AI crew members will never have an icon in either event rewards or stores.

2.Once, you mentioned that new CE hazards will have some info what they exactly do. I saw one example when some Ion barrier took me one shield bubble. Then in next few jumps I met two hazards without any tooltip
4.One more example we were talking about few months earlier. Some old asteroid background is mixed with hi res background

Could you specify if you're using any kind of Background mods, as I'm about 90% sure all of CE's native background warning boxes are present, if in need of some rewording. It's likely those mods haven't been updated since that addition.

5.Two frames were too small when I got a drone (it's the same event)

This is another hardcoded-related issue with FTL, in vanilla this happens all the time with the Shield Overcharger drone.

6.Again hanged weapon which stops shooting after few volleys. This time laser one.

Another known issue with the in-game AI. While I can't pinpoint exactly when this happens, it's a bug that happens with any charge-based weapon when equipped to an enemy ship that has Cloaking.