FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.1

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 pm

ikeelyou300 wrote:Yeah I said like a gazillion times that the Boss can use drones on phase 1 & 3 (if you move the room to the center). if you wanted to give it an AP drone on the 2nd phase you could replace the Boarding drone because a lot of Boarding is now happening in Phase 3. The Boss doesn't really need an AP drone on the 2nd or 3rd phase anyway, well maybe the 2nd phase. I'll send you the blueprints anyway, you can just PM me your thoughts if you want. I'll probably Dropbox some stuff.

Hm sorry, must have glanced over that then. I'd say the boarding drone is a signature thing of phase two, Id rather keep that. I'm also not sure if the drone would not evaluated boarding to much in the end. Like you said, all tactics should be viable. It might get reserved for phase three, which is the defensive phase anyway... Actually the flagship could even activate these backup drones upon AI takeover. That would allow the flagship to have an even stronger comeback...

Mr. Mister wrote:Wrong. I just tested, and a weapon with 1 damage, 1 ion and 1 piercing will, if the enemy has 2 or more shield bubbles, act like a normal 1 ion projectyle, but if the enemy has only one shield bubble (be it lv2 or ionised lv3), it will inflict one ion to shields (unless shields were already down), pierce through, and inflict 1 hull, 1 system and 1 ion to whatever room it lands on (so if it lands on shields, it will have inflicted a total of 2 ion damage to shields).

Hm that interesting. Is that a missile type weapon? I tested this a while ago and it didn't work. Listen, if you want this feature so bad than there is always the option for you to just release it as an axillary mod. IMO this weapons just does not fit crystals tech, so I wont be comfortable with putting it into my CE release *shrug*.

ikeelyou300 wrote:I would actually really like a drone or weapon that can only be acquired after you've made it to the Last Stand which allows YOU to flag targets for the Federation fleet.

:D I actually considered doing something like this a while ago. A quest during the final stand that rewards you with a weapon that does this. It would be interesting, but also really odd because you need a weapon mount to designate targets for otherwise completely autonomous cruisers...

It's still considered as a ship perk for the Federation cruiser. You could gather wingmen along the way, from the stray fleet event and other occasions. Ships that are heavily damaged and rely on your weapon system to target enemies, but are still good enough to provide artillery support. You could even converse with your wingmen at empty beacons... Hm providing artillery support yourself could also be a blue option for certain events... I think you just revived that concept. :D
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Wow I like this friendly artillery idea alot.
Just wondering how good the advanced edition and captains edition will work together
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah I revived a concept. :p I wish there was another other than giving it a weapon mount, but it kind of makes sense. The idea with the federation cruiser is kind of cool, your wingmen would have to be weaker ships who want to stay far away from the normal battle. I'm not sure if you should get wingmen until the final sector, but if it was just the Federation ship that would be neat. After coming across my first blue option for the Federation ship designated by the artillery system I really wanted there to be more blue options for the Federation ship.

If its for lore reasons you don't want the Ion Crystal then I'm cool with that, but you see now that it is possible.

You're right the AI ship could spawn more drones in the 3rd stage, giving you even more motivation to beat it ASAP. I played that part today and I hadn't killed any of the crew before then. Man was it difficult. SO MUCH MICROMANAGEMENT. But that's what make it fun and satisfying.

Acceleratio wrote:Wow I like this friendly artillery idea alot.
Just wondering how good the advanced edition and captains edition will work together

They will work great. AE will improve CE alot. Sleeper is a wizard from the future so he might have them compatible within a week.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Acceleratio wrote:Wow I like this friendly artillery idea alot.

Hopefully, compatibilit will be ensured quickly. Some CE features might become redundant (combat augs, PDS events, ...), but how to handle that will have to be decided after the release.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:01 pm

I was going to PM you my blueprints for the boss, but I thought other people might want to take a look, so anyone who's interested, follow this link to see how I've personally been playing the final boss... Except for this I lowered the Boss's health so you can get through the stages quicker and see each one.
It's a .ftl so you can load it after Captain's Edition just like anything else using Slipstream. I only changed the blueprints of the Boss so it'll work fine. Also, copy and paste my continue.sav file to its proper place to jump directly into the final battle with the overpowered Red-Tail I used for testing!!!
Boss Blueprints.ftl:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmgc0d3424ctp ... prints.ftl
Continue.sav:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/smt8mjqrgq9ojgz/continue.sav

Here's a taste... Apparently having an AP drone and Repair drone on the first phase isn't as much of a pain as I remembered. I was able to take both the lasers and missile room before the first artillery even targeted me. keep in mind though I did disable the Boss's cloak, I have max teleporter and cloaking (I abused the heck out of cloaking), and 4 people trained to the max in combat.

EDIT: Links to images if they're not working...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6r0lr380rbwg5h/img3.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtmoyw2ryejvrze/img4.png

I suppose a "normal" boarding ship with 4 people could theoretically do the same thing. All you need to do is teleport into one room, and keep the AP drone distracted long enough to take out the other room as you can kind of tell from the pictures. However, it is extremely risky without disabling the Boss's cloaking unless you are constantly keeping track of the time between cloaks.
PRO TIP: Since doors have been added it is possible to change the positions of your crew while fighting. If you don't know how to do this now's the time to learn because its kind of crucial here. You can pause, select both crew, send them to another room on the enemy ship, then select them again and "send" them back to the room they're already in, but in the order you want starting with the top left corner.

Some other minor things you may notice if you download and play this. I switched the sensors and doors room, why? So the Boss can have doors on the 2nd phase. I added a weapons room and moved door control to the center of the ship. Why? So the boss can use drones on the 3rd stage and I thought the flagship should have a weapons room that looks cool there. I changed the drones on the 2nd stage. Why? because Combat laser and beam drones appear from the power surge I wanted the main drones to be CE ones only, because they look cooler. I gave the flagship 2 extra crew. Why? Because YOLO. :p

And lastly, the events after defeating the boss on the 1st and 2nd stages I was talking about... I really hope you like them. :roll: :D :ugeek:

Anyway, there you go it's late here so I'm probably going to go get some sleep. let me know what you think. Thanks a lot Sleeper and everybody.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:45 pm

I remember reading in the event suggestions thread somebody was suggesting that an AI ship hails you in binary. 0001001101100011110101... This might be a good idea for a blue option with an AI crew member. It could be a normal event or a surrender.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I remember reading in the event suggestions thread somebody was suggesting that an AI ship hails you in binary. 0001001101100011110101... This might be a good idea for a blue option with an AI crew member. It could be a normal event or a surrender.

I would be okay with this, but only if it is five consecutive text boxes, with their respective responses from the AI Avatar, in binary.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:29 pm

So I was catching up with Twinge's win streak, and in the Engi B run, he said that while the Drone Reactor Booster says it provides 50% movement boost, it's actually only 25%. (I don't play the Engi B that much and usually sell off the DRB, so I never learned this.) What does the Improved Internal AI provide? Just wondering...

Oh, while I'm on this subject, are there any other things where the vanilla description lies about what the thing actually does, and have they been fixed in CE?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 am

I just took a look, and I'm confident that, at least with sMPK, the speed boost is indeed of +100%, as its description says.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:19 am

ikeelyou300 wrote: I'm not sure if you should get wingmen until the final sector, but if it was just the Federation ship that would be neat.

Why not, technically, they're just another weapon. In lore. it's super-cool feature.
Last edited by Estel on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.