FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gore

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.275/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby Gore » Mon May 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Registered on this site, just to show my big thanks to the developer of this mod! :) Glad to see that FTL is still alive, and there's still people trying (and succeding) to improve the vanilla. I have never had so much fun as I have with CE mod. The enemies are challenging and I like how empty beacons now serves their own "job" in the game. The fact that sectors have their own name is also nice addition. I don't know if they are random or fixed, but It adds to the gameplay and makes it more immersive I would say.

Played full three sessions (all three lost unfourtunately. Two on flag ship and one on last stand beacon), but one thing I noticed... there's so much content. Neither of these sessions looked the same! Events, the quests, the encounters.

So once again, great job!
I'm looking forward to even more enemy types, quests and weapons! :)

Cheers.
~Lukas from Poland
Last edited by Gore on Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:But Reconstructive Teleport is SO good! (maybe too good though, makes cloning a no-brainer over medbay)

While we're a it, since systems can be given via events and stuff, maybe there could be an option to swap out the medbay with a clone bay at an idle beacon, provided you have twice the normal amount of scrap it normally takes (so level 1 would be 100, level 2 is 170, level 3 is 270. Prices are higher on Infinite).
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:00 pm

stylesrj wrote:
BlueTemplar wrote:But Reconstructive Teleport is SO good! (maybe too good though, makes cloning a no-brainer over medbay)

While we're a it, since systems can be given via events and stuff, maybe there could be an option to swap out the medbay with a clone bay at an idle beacon, provided you have twice the normal amount of scrap it normally takes (so level 1 would be 100, level 2 is 170, level 3 is 270. Prices are higher on Infinite).

Why alter the price depending on the level ? Getting a medbay when you have a lvl 2 clonebay still only costs 50 and will give you a lvl 2 medbay. Switching between medbay and clonebay is already something that isn't done very often... Nobody in their right mind (playing standard ACE) will pay 270 or even 170 scrap to switch a medbay for a clonebay and vice versa. Even if it's to get the best use out of recon TP or Nano-medbots (if this augment can still be gotten in CE, it doesn't allow piracy or any of that fancy stuff so I would assume so.)
Upgrading medbay/clonebay is a rare sight as well though...
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Why alter the price depending on the level ? Getting a medbay when you have a lvl 2 clonebay still only costs 50 and will give you a lvl 2 medbay. Switching between medbay and clonebay is already something that isn't done very often... Nobody in their right mind (playing standard ACE) will pay 270 or even 170 scrap to switch a medbay for a clonebay and vice versa. Even if it's to get the best use out of recon TP or Nano-medbots (if this augment can still be gotten in CE, it doesn't allow piracy or any of that fancy stuff so I would assume so.)

Well it's in case you can't find it in stores. Like spending 120 on a Reconstructive Teleport for the Mantis ship.

So yeah 100 Scrap to swap the medical facilities would work better. What was I thinking?
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:25 pm

stylesrj wrote:Well it's in case you can't find it in stores. Like spending 120 on a Reconstructive Teleport for the Mantis ship.

So yeah 100 Scrap to swap the medical facilities would work better. What was I thinking?

Was referring to changing the price based on the level. Not saying it shouldn't be higher than getting it from the store.
100 sounds fine indeed, 270... not so much.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
Gore

Postby Gore » Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 pm

The mod is awesome as I said in my last post.

Sector 5. My fourth try. Do I smell a win :twisted:

I love it!

@edit
And the victory afterwards! ^^

Biohazard063 wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Well it's in case you can't find it in stores. Like spending 120 on a Reconstructive Teleport for the Mantis ship.

Was referring to changing the price based on the level. Not saying it shouldn't be higher than getting it from the store.
100 sounds fine indeed, 270... not so much.

Sorry for offtopic, but are you this Biohazard063 from YouTube? I watched you FTL CE videos! They are awesome! I'm glad to see someone still playing FTL on YT ;) I'm FunnyVideosShowPL, maybe you remember me commenting? :P it was me.

Keep up the good work, mate : )
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 am

Gore wrote:Sorry for offtopic, but are you this Biohazard063 from YouTube? I watched you FTL CE videos! They are awesome! I'm glad to see someone still playing FTL on YT ;) I'm FunnyVideosShowPL, maybe you remember me commenting? :P it was me.
Keep up the good work, mate : )

Yup, same guy. ;) Thanks.

I remember you, you asked about where to find mods, and here you are.
Channel link
BlueTemplar

Postby BlueTemplar » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

stylesrj wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:Why alter the price depending on the level ? Getting a medbay when you have a lvl 2 clonebay still only costs 50 and will give you a lvl 2 medbay. Switching between medbay and clonebay is already something that isn't done very often... Nobody in their right mind (playing standard ACE) will pay 270 or even 170 scrap to switch a medbay for a clonebay and vice versa. Even if it's to get the best use out of recon TP or Nano-medbots (if this augment can still be gotten in CE, it doesn't allow piracy or any of that fancy stuff so I would assume so.)

Well it's in case you can't find it in stores. Like spending 120 on a Reconstructive Teleport for the Mantis ship.

I'm not following, you can't find the Clone Bay in stores if playing Infinite?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 am

You can find them just fine if there's a Store that sells Systems. And it has a Clone Bay available. What I mean is that you have 100 Scrap, there's no Store in sight but you need that Clone Bay so automated ships don't screw your Mantis B over.

Since systems can be granted via events, why not make it an option to fit the ship out with certain systems if you have the Scrap?
BlueTemplar

Postby BlueTemplar » Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Upgrade your teleporter to lvl2 and you can stall them until you can flee. Get any damage-dealing weapon and you can kill them. Medbay as Mantis should be viable too.