FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sezradmark

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.222/Inf 1.222/EL 1.222

Postby sezradmark » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:26 am

Something I've noticed, but neglected to screenshot is that the Lanius Assault ships are oddly off center in the target window. It seems as though they rest too highly in the window compared to other ships, meaning that the top weapons are obscured sometimes.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:06 am

Um, hi there, new forum go-er with a quick question. I know there's the mini-mod that return the player ships to their default loadouts. Is there something like it that can return the Flagship to it's default room layout? I'm not the best at FTL orz (just recently started winning on Easy thanks to teleporters and cloaking), so kinda hoping there is one, at least for Easy mode.

Definitely more interesting, playing on Captain's Edition c: Got two crew quests already and all the new events are interesting. Really nice mod.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:48 am

sezradmark wrote:Something I've noticed, but neglected to screenshot is that the Lanius Assault ships are oddly off center in the target window. It seems as though they rest too highly in the window compared to other ships, meaning that the top weapons are obscured sometimes.

Have you observed this in 1.222? Cause I'm pretty sure that was fixed.

FortunaDraken wrote:Um, hi there, new forum go-er with a quick question. I know there's the mini-mod that return the player ships to their default loadouts. Is there something like it that can return the Flagship to it's default room layout? I'm not the best at FTL orz (just recently started winning on Easy thanks to teleporters and cloaking), so kinda hoping there is one, at least for Easy mode.

CE is designed to be played on normal and strives to give a harsher game-play experience and greater challenge. The boss is in line with that. The other addons exist to adjust the mod in some areas that where disputed, but the majority of the users seem to be alright with the boss. There are ways to beat it effectively so I don't see why the layout should be optional.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 pm

It might just be me sucking at the game then XD I'm the kind of person who goes through things on easy until I know how things work. The missiles on the final boss wreck me every time, so them being able to be repaired makes my current strategy kinda useless. Maybe I need to go drone heavy...get those Defence II drones :|a Ahh, dunno.

Anyway, thank-you for the reply c:

EDIT: Oh, just noticed a error when I loaded up a new game. I talked to an AI, and it said it had subroutines for talking to organic beings, to prevent it being "board" to death. It should be 'bored' there, board is like a plank of wood.
sezradmark

Postby sezradmark » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Have you observed this in 1.222? Cause I'm pretty sure that was fixed.

Just updated my version. Looks pretty good now.
SpaceDux

Postby SpaceDux » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:54 pm

SUGGESTION:

AI CREW should slowly auto heal constantly but should not be able to heal in the medbay or clonebay.

Just seems to fit the world.

Maybe to save time when the instance or battle is finished they get a 35 point health bump so your not waiting at the end of for them to heal

Thoughts?
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:17 pm

SpaceDux wrote:Thoughts?

Both ideas are not possible to implement - modding limitations.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.225/Inf 1.225/EL 1.225

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 pm

So, 1.225 is live. Get ready to jump into hyperspace and burn out your engine-block.

This updates mostly reworks how traveling to a new sector works. It tries to make these jumps feel more relevant and adds some tactical options to them. Traveling to a new sector should feel like a bigger thing now. Each new sector will start with with a new event layer, happening while your ship is performing the long-range jump. There is even a distinct (but still rudimentary) sound and visual effect for that. These might still be improved in the future.

The hyperspace event lets you choose how much fuel you want to use during the jump and therefore how fast you want to travel. You can always run on emergency fuel (=no additional cost) if you decide so, but that will cause the Rebel fleet to gain on you. You can discover the different options for yourself, but be aware that you will need slightly more fuel now during any run. Fuel will be a little more relevant and ruining out can happen slightly more often now. This whole part of the mod is not used in CE Infinite, as outrunning the fleet is pretty irrelevant there.

CE Update 1.225
- Jumps to new sectors are now considered long-range hyperspace jumps that come with distinct visuals and sound
- Performing long-range jumps globally drains fuel, jumping with low fuel causes the fleet to catch up
- Various speed and fuel usage options (depending on your engine levels) allow you to get a head-start against the fleet, with trade-offs
- Friendly PDS warning icon removed (was required to make this work)
- Exit beacons now use the infinite textlist that describe long-range jump relays and such
- Distraction Buys removed from the game (mess up fleet delay at start beacon events)
- Maul beam glow fixed
- Targeting Jammer is slightly less effective now
- Refugee events spawns the correct ships now
- Red-Tail float doors removed
- Zoltan Gunboat doors fixed
- Some typos fixed

CE Additional Music Addon
- Changes of CE 1.225 imported

CE Infinite 1.225

CE Endless Loot 1.225 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.225 for CE Infinite
- "Heavy" and "Wild" can no longer be applied to hull weapons

Non EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.225
- Reverts Lanius weapon list as well now
Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:02 am

I'm experiencing crashes when I try to jump to certain type of sector (This is on 1.222, mind, but I didn't see a fix in the patch notes of 1.225, so I'm reporting it). I think it's the Rebel Stronghold sectors but I'm not certain. I didn't write the name of the sectors down but I'll do so on my next run; just thought I'd bring the issue to your attention first.

Cheers! :)
123nick

Postby 123nick » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:10 am

hey is there any way to play with the infinite addon without having the insanely increased prices? i dont know why there so high, proably to even out balance, but i would like it with normal not-infinite prices. maybe someone can send me a modified file with the changes fixed?

edit: i think i found a bug, the A layout slug cruiser has this "weapon", it has no title, no name, when you mouse over it no tool tip comes up, and when you try to fire it the game crashes. any idea what it is? also, im playing with all the files in slipstream MM set up with load order completely correct, and the blueprint weapon crafting addon for CE.
Last edited by 123nick on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.