FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.1

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Upon seeing this, I re-went through all of the Ship listings and did some tweakings with the whereabouts of when certain ships appear, as it would seem that they desync'd with main CE at some point in the past. I've discovered crashes in CE itself that were caused by this, so it's not in the realm of impossibility that the crash was my fault.

The patch has been updated. I apologise if the crash was on my end of the modifications, and offer.. will a plate of cakes made from stiff dough work?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi Bio, good to see you in the forum. I'm already tracking the issue of that crash. Actually I'm following your let's play since you started to use CE. Probably without knowing it, you have already provided countless bug reports and balancing inputs which have to some extend influenced CEs development. So thanks to you as well! :D

On to the current discussion:
Wow, a productive day in the thread I'd say, you got that hazard-resist feature all figured out already. :D Just have to put this in I guess, which will be some busy work, but should work for the most part.

I totally agree with the points made. It would set ships and gear nicely apart if you can resist more disruption scenarios, be it in hazard or when facing enemy combataugs. I also agree that it would be good to use mostly pre-existing augs with, even though "Engine Demagnetizer" sounds like a great thing to have. :)

I would like to give the resistance also to some enemies, although this will be a little more complicated, cause there is no way to check which augments they have. I gets even more complicated of one takes the possibility into account that the player can activate secondary combataugs. :? :( I'm confident I still get this to work in a rudimentary manner...

Mr. Mister wrote:EDIT: Also, crash report from Bio, says he has it recorded:

Are you a wizard by some off chance?
Just had a crash,no error message or log, have it recorded on episode 96.
As far as info goes, just jumped to a new beacon called "The everlasting domain"
Game crashed just before he had to load the first beacon (ship appearing there).
Also first jump after starting the game again.

Well, the sector was working before and bio travelled to a home world. I assume that this is indeed related to the multiple-trips-to-crystal-sector scenario mentioned earlier. Making the sector non-unique should fix that (hopefully). Apparently another possibility is that it is polish kit related, so lets have slowrider throw a round of peace-faction solidarity muffins. :)

Delphi wrote:Btw.: I noticed that the targeting jammer aug seems to not work, even if the text describes a positive outcome. I saw this happen alot with the slug ship.

Probably related to the added artillery jamming. Will be fixed.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Sooo... has anyone recently beaten the final boss with this mod installed? I'm taking anyone here, or am I the only one to keep losing :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Torchwood202 wrote:Sooo... has anyone recently beaten the final boss with this mod installed? I'm taking anyone here, or am I the only one to keep losing :lol:

I made it to phase two with a pretty horrible ship (had to take a lot of greens and certain options for testing purposes) yesterday. How do you usually die?

Also I just realize that the polish kit will overwrite some parts of the additional music addon if it is loaded after that. Probably not intended. :|
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm

I just had the most intense final bossfight ever.
I used one of my own ships. I had a heavy ion 3, maul beam, anti-ship drone, beam drone and a defense drone.
I also had 2 engi and a human from the start, slognock the slug and a mantis I bought.
During the last phase, my cloak was hacked, and when the AI boarded me, I had to do extreme micro as I vented out the humans, carefully stalled their AI with my crew, ran in and out of the medbay, turned the defense drone on and off, and redirected all my power to shields and engines during the powersurges.
It wasnt too difficult, but exactly the challenge you excpect from a final boss.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:09 pm

I myself have multiple times, as has Bio. Slowy even did it shieldless once, and I believe without repair tools.

BTW, Sleepy: I was thinking it would be nice sometimes having pirate ships offer higher-end trade goods as surrender. I+'m talking things they may have pillaged, like art goods or maybe even luxury, and were in the way of going to sell to a black market.

In fact, isn+'t there an optional fight pirate nebula event where you can engage a "smuggler"?
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

So after being enlightened of the existance of an error checker, I went ahead and scanned through the files looking for things that it's paranoid about. As well as finding out something blatantly wrong on my end, it did detect a few nuances with listed weapons/augments that have the wrong names.

Code: Select all

autoBlueprints.xml

107   Referenced Weapon does not exist
825   Referenced Weapon does not exist

blueprints.xml

31   Referenced augment does not exist
32   Referenced augment does not exist
6527   Referenced augment does not exist
6578   Referenced augment does not exist

As for the custom music mod.. my best guess is that installing that after the CE patch will keep its influences in play.
Cloudmoon

Postby Cloudmoon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 pm

I don't find the final boss to be dramatically more difficult that it was in vanilla. It's getting there that's the hard part. In some ways the rebel battleship is a more dangerous encounter since you can't disable its weapon systems.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Wait, sMPK-CE has sector-data? I'm on mobile, and that's news to me. Any reason why, slowy?

The main thing preventing me from thinking of a good engines resistor augment is that the same system goes for both he FTL drive (charge speed) and thrusters (evasion).

Also+, sleepy, here's a workaround to put some limitations to the engines on pollution clouds: Say you want it to always take away three engine bars. In that case, you set the main event to limit engines to 1 bar, but have a blue option for lv4 engines that will instead take away 3 bars. Of course, if you want the player to end up with halved engines instead, have the blue option halve it.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Wait, sMPK-CE has sector-data? I'm on mobile, and that's news to me. Any reason why, slowy?

It's needed for making the Crystal weapons capable of spawning in Rock sectors, and as of one of the recent-ish updates, the racial-exclusive augments as well.