FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.278c/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:19 pm

Well, the only way to increase memory available to a native program on Windows is to use Large Address Aware, which was linked here a couple of times already. Though it's important to note that using this program on 32-bit systems requires additional steps, detailed in the spoilers below the images, as well as 4GB of RAM.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:59 pm

I could have sworn that LAA was mentioned on the OP, but I can't spot it. If it's there, it's pretty well hidden.

On a random side-note, I have no idea how on earth those Empty Beacon augments work here but absolutely refuse to co-operate in other work. I just spent most of the day cursing and swearing at how, when attempting to experiment with it personally, empty beacons were glitching all over the place, either showing up as the random results for events all across the base game or most often being flat-out empty. With absolutely no logical explanation as to why.

EDIT: and then I quite possibly find the reason why: personal incompetence stemming from accidentally having the events tied to such beacons marked with the Unique tag, probably due to whichever donor event I used to start building them. It's been over two years and I'm still finding mistakes to learn from.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Only today after 5 hours of playing is that I noticed i have never won a single game of normal on CE and I do not want to be reduced to Easy...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:59 pm

There's no shame in playing CE on Easy.

I tend to play on Normal if it's CE Infinite. Otherwise, Easy because I die too easily from lack of resources.
Last edited by stylesrj on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:20 pm

So here's a question that is not related to any sort of bug...

I've been helping Federation Scum with his modding, and one of his ships combine emergency respirators with engi medbots so that crew stays on level health in vented rooms.
Oddly enough, whilst that is the case in vanilla AE, crew actually gets healed if CE is installed.

I had a (brief) look at the blueprint of the medbay but there doesn't seem to be any value there that defines the healing rate.

I can only assume it has to be the medbay since as far as I know, he added values for the two augments himself. And seeing how ship mods are at the bottom in SMM, it should be his values that stick.

So... what's the story behind this one? Can the value for medbay healing be changed and if so, where is the value? The misc file?
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Easy, the Emergency Respirators (Adaptive Gel Suits) are buffed significantly in CE. In base AE they have a value of 0.5 which grants them a 50% reduction in suffocation damage, but in CE this value is changed to increase this damage reduction to 75%. Thus, the healing rate of Medbots exceeds the minimal suffocation damage.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:39 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:Easy, the Emergency Respirators (Adaptive Gel Suits) are buffed significantly in CE. In base AE they have a value of 0.5 which grants them a 50% reduction in suffocation damage, but in CE this value is changed to increase this damage reduction to 75%. Thus, the healing rate of Medbots exceeds the minimal suffocation damage.

Turns out you're right... and by that I mean I was wrong for the wrong reason.
He told me he changed the effectiveness of the respirators. Turns out he didn't and merely changed the value of the med-bots...
Well, at least I was correct in stating his values stick should he have changed them.

Another mystery solved thanks to misinformation (or error in communication). :roll:
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 am

Before I ask about events, I like to take a look at the actual events and see if the question is answered.

Anyway, this is one of those cases where I can't find the event.

In a non-CE game, I encountered a Slug ship being attacked by Mantises (SLUG_DISTRESS_MANTIS) so I went and saved the Slugs. They then gave me stuff and I had the option of finishing them off. Naturally, because it's not CE and I can be a total bastard, I went ahead and destroyed them.
They then suddenly said "Hey, don't do that" and gave me Scrap and a free augment. Woohoo.

Question is though:

Does CE cover this event (I mean not all Slug sector events are covered)? And if not, it needs to be covered. Because if I'm a total dickbag of a starship Captain and I have the option for it (Slug Gel), I want to destroy those Slugs utterly, even after they give me the augment or skip out on the rewards. :lol:
jr2

Postby jr2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Game crashes upon jumping to a beacon/sector or upon choosing an event option:
Please report the crash in the thread. If you want to help out even more, then provide as much information as possible (screenshot?; sector name?; event type: open space?, nebula?; in case you had scanning augs: hostile present at beacon?, hazard present at beacon?) Remember that you can still continue your run with AEs crash save most of the time.

Crash upon attempting to enter Crystal sector. FTL AE + CE 1.278c.

I get to the quest beacon, choose blue option to have crystal crewmember activate ancient device, ship zooms out for jump, I hear sound play, then FTL instantly closes. No error messages at all.

Dunno if it's related, but I have to close and restart Steam every time I load FTL for a 2nd time (that is, if I close FTL, to successfully use it again, I must completely exit Steam, reload Steam, then launch FTL). If I don't, I get the loading bar up to filling the little space station, then it instantly closes. It hadn't been bothering me at all besides that though, so I just kept playing.

Mods I'm using in order:

Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1
Expanded Enemy Window 1.2 (can't remember if I had that one enabled or not)
better_asteroids
BPaB v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.27
FTL CE 1.278c
CE+BPaB Compat Patch 1.
CE Additional Music 1.266
-- I may have accidentally turned on the Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch... can't remember. Any way to test that?
EL Texture Pack 1.27
CE Endless Loot Addon for standard CE 1.275
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts 1.26
CE Vanilla Player Ships Loadouts 1.261
Extended Pursuit x24 w/numbers
CE Generic sector Names Patch 1.2
Hires Shields 1.1

Anything else I can provide? Toshiba P775-S7160 nVidia GT540m / Intel HD 3000, Core i7-2670QM, 8GB RAM, Win 10 Pro x64 RTM 10240
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Hm, odd. Just a hunch but you could try without the Generic Sector Names Patch and see if it works then. Please report whether that fixes the crash. If you want to salvage the run you could decide not to go to the crystal sector I guess. I'll look into it some more, but as far as I can tell the sector works... Infinite music compatibility patch should not cause problems though.