FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
blogg10
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby blogg10 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Don't know if anyone else has got this before (possibly not due to the RNG nature of the game) but I just encountered a bit of a bug. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot, but I had a double quest going on due to talking to the Engi crew twice during two separate empty beacons. However, I was unable to complete the second quest as it was one of a cluster of three jump points that were 'behind' the sector warp beacon (ie, the only route to them was through the warp beacon). Unfortunately, once you access the warp beacon, you are unable to get out of it, and you have to simply progress to the next sector (this is in Endless mode, by the way). Is it possible to make a third option, to continue exploring the sector, and also have it so that the context menu comes up every time you visit the beacon?
BlueTemplar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby BlueTemplar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:03 pm

The same issue was talked about a few pages ago, check it up.

NarnKar wrote:BUG REPORT: I FOUND A MANTIS

hehehe get it mantids are bugs


Wouldn't you, by any chance, like me, have recently discovered these "Let's Play"s?
"An endless sea of bugs (spawning inside a star)" :
http://lparchive.org/Sword-of-the-Stars-1-2/
http://lparchive.org/Sword-of-the-Stars-2/
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.27/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:23 am

R4V3-0N wrote: The thing that is sort of problematic with your ideas is one does not simply reprogram a engi. They are a sentient being with a 'Hive" like mind from each nano-bot to nano-bot that makes up the whole organism. Kinda like how a biological being have there cells communicate to each other... but in a more advance method which could be going along the ideas of like having a engi being more like a country with it's own 'goverment'. a colony of nanobots to form a larger physical being so to say... my idea on the take that is.


Yes, but there is that one out of fuel event that says "Someone must have reprogrammed these Engies to fight" and this is not CE-exclusive. This indicates the Engies can be reprogrammed to or that they suffer fatal errors (like with that wrecked Zoltan ship. They decide to fight you despite the fact that their escortee is destroyed and don't take no for an answer)

I think 'brain washing' engi (regular term) is probable but the thing is out of all the races that can be manipulated I doubt the mantis could do that... they can't even hold a rench let alone reprogram and rewrite a organisms 'brain'.


They could always try the medieval methods of inducing pain until the subject "breaks" or they get "broken"
What if the Engies were being "reprogrammed" by their fellow Engi slaves or had the brainwashing done by the original slaver?

I still think the engi are simply there as war slaves. forced as labour. It doesn't want to die. it want's to continue it's existence.


I like to harbour the scary thought that the Mantis are being controlled by the Engies as a sort of "population control" or as a way of maintaining order and authority. Why? Because aliens.

if it was some other race I think under those harsh conditions they would have jumped out of the air lock quite soon... probably is the reason why there is no human slaves on mantis ships


Or when they tried "breaking" their slaves, they accidentally "broke" them.

FreedomFighter wrote:Shouldn't Slug, and Mantis don't get penalty from forcing slave to work on their ship? I understand about Rock since they really don't like other species to present with them. Lanius ship should get something that make them special. The Requisition License pretty much suck imo. If both A and B start with unique augmentation or scrap recovery arm, it would make more sense since they like scrap anyway.


A Scrap Recovery Arm at the start would make any ship overpowered quite quickly. Even if it was nerfed in CE.
The license doesn't suck either. You show it at a fuel station and they give you about 3 fuel for free and it makes those idle beacons with those traders into targets. So long as you don't try a boarding strategy.

Also, Slugs prefer making dishonest bargains or shooting first when it comes to deals. Slave-trading is probably heavily frowned upon in their neo-liberal economy, especially since they're trying to cephlaform everything. Mantises on the other hand take Engi slaves all the time and possibly others. But they don't ever break agreements because they're somewhat honourable beings.
Look at Kazaaak or those ship collectors for examples.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:54 am

Wow, this is some deep discussion we are getting into here...

In Other News...
BEN PRUNTY RELEASED A NEW ALBUM
http://benprunty.bandcamp.com/album/color-sky

This one is paid though so it probably can't be used for CE, but you all should have a listen anyway!!!
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:47 pm

I keep encountering these problems as I go along in Infinite Space...

One time I encountered a pirate Stealth Cruiser. They said "Hey can you kill this dude instead for me? kthanxbai"

But I said "I'd rather kill you instead!" and after a gruelling battle I achieved victory. Then I was told rather blatantly "Hey the other dude might be interested."

So I went over there and got a reward for killing the other dude and then I decided "Why not take out 2 pirate gangs?" and went to attack their flagship. No such ship showed up on the right though, so I thought it might be a surprise "Guess what we have a kitchen sink augment and are better than the Rebel Flagship!" kind of battle.

Not only was I forced to use my teleport disruptor despite the fact that it would have been a waste of power, an ASB appeared and I was preparing for this epic showdown with a Pirate Stealth Flagship... only that was it. Just an ASB. So I jumped, rather disappointed I couldn't deal with 2 pirate gangs.

Also, the text mentions that there's a planet yet the beacon itself only had stars and a sun. I know there are ways to make sure certain events have a planet in the background :P
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am

I just wanted to say Sleeper,

I am very happy that you put the CE files up for spellchecking on GitHub. I have spent most of the day figuring out how Git works, pursuing the CE files, and making many corrections to the events_zoltan file (since you said that one hadn't been check yet.

If you continue to upload your changes on Git each update as well I will really appreciate that as well because it will be easier for other modders to see exactly what has been changed or added.

Also, I thought of something recently... Wouldn't it be possible to give the AI Avatars their own unique look, apart from just being transparent humans? If you just added an extra layer to the humans blueprint and made it completely transparent for all of them, but used it only on the AI Avatars you could add extra details, like maybe a distorted look similar to the High Tech weapons in Endless Loot. Or if you wanted to get really crazy you could make the human base blueprint have nothing on it and instead make it just layer 1. Then you could give the AIs an entirely different sprite... I think... Even if you have no plans for that, isn't it at least possible?

Theoretically you could also create a whole brand new non-AI looking species this way, but they would always be transparent. Man, I wish we could add new races so I could add plant aliens... :( FTL was so creative about making many non humanoid looking aliens, the only thing I think they're missing is Groots.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.27/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote: The thing that is sort of problematic with your ideas is one does not simply reprogram a engi. They are a sentient being with a 'Hive" like mind from each nano-bot to nano-bot that makes up the whole organism. Kinda like how a biological being have there cells communicate to each other... but in a more advance method which could be going along the ideas of like having a engi being more like a country with it's own 'goverment'. a colony of nanobots to form a larger physical being so to say... my idea on the take that is.


Yes, but there is that one out of fuel event that says "Someone must have reprogrammed these Engies to fight" and this is not CE-exclusive. This indicates the Engies can be reprogrammed to or that they suffer fatal errors (like with that wrecked Zoltan ship. They decide to fight you despite the fact that their escortee is destroyed and don't take no for an answer)

I think 'brain washing' engi (regular term) is probable but the thing is out of all the races that can be manipulated I doubt the mantis could do that... they can't even hold a rench let alone reprogram and rewrite a organisms 'brain'.


They could always try the medieval methods of inducing pain until the subject "breaks" or they get "broken"
What if the Engies were being "reprogrammed" by their fellow Engi slaves or had the brainwashing done by the original slaver?

I still think the engi are simply there as war slaves. forced as labour. It doesn't want to die. it want's to continue it's existence.


I like to harbour the scary thought that the Mantis are being controlled by the Engies as a sort of "population control" or as a way of maintaining order and authority. Why? Because aliens.

if it was some other race I think under those harsh conditions they would have jumped out of the air lock quite soon... probably is the reason why there is no human slaves on mantis ships


Or when they tried "breaking" their slaves, they accidentally "broke" them.

FreedomFighter wrote:Shouldn't Slug, and Mantis don't get penalty from forcing slave to work on their ship? I understand about Rock since they really don't like other species to present with them. Lanius ship should get something that make them special. The Requisition License pretty much suck imo. If both A and B start with unique augmentation or scrap recovery arm, it would make more sense since they like scrap anyway.


A Scrap Recovery Arm at the start would make any ship overpowered quite quickly. Even if it was nerfed in CE.
The license doesn't suck either. You show it at a fuel station and they give you about 3 fuel for free and it makes those idle beacons with those traders into targets. So long as you don't try a boarding strategy.

Also, Slugs prefer making dishonest bargains or shooting first when it comes to deals. Slave-trading is probably heavily frowned upon in their neo-liberal economy, especially since they're trying to cephlaform everything. Mantises on the other hand take Engi slaves all the time and possibly others. But they don't ever break agreements because they're somewhat honourable beings.
Look at Kazaaak or those ship collectors for examples.


at point / comment 1 my counter argument is the fact that there isn't much known about the engi, I mean the human federation people do not evne know if they are living or not or how they reproduce or why they are not interested in lush planets with waterfalls and plants.

The engi once referred to as a AE mantis event as "malfunctioning" , doesn't mean friendly mantises (or all manti) are robots.

there are other eg's I can throw but atm I can't think of any as said on my ballistic mod page in queenstown on vacation, no code = no reference or 100% accuracy = waste of time. :roll:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
oesis
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:49 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby oesis » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Does anyone know they cooldowns of the ce drones. For example the scatter drone. Since drones never list cooldown for some reason.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:36 pm

oesis wrote:Does anyone know they cooldowns of the ce drones. For example the scatter drone. Since drones never list cooldown for some reason.


Attack drones don't have a cooldown because they fire whenever they stop as they flit about the enemy ship.

I think the defense drones on the other hand would have cooldowns for their guns. It even mentions in their descriptions how long it takes to reload.

R4V3-0N wrote:at point / comment 1 my counter argument is the fact that there isn't much known about the engi, I mean the human federation people do not evne know if they are living or not or how they reproduce or why they are not interested in lush planets with waterfalls and plants.


Well they say an Engi doesn't show fear, or any other emotion really for that matter. But if you ask them "What are those two ships doing together?" they'll certainly show it :lol:
oesis
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:49 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.267/Inf 1.27/EL 1.266

Postby oesis » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:42 am

stylesrj, well they don't have a set cooldown, but different drones attack faster or slower on average. So I was looking for the average time it would take each drone to take a shot?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests