FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
off_line

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby off_line » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:50 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Looks a lot like your mod files are corrupted. I recommend you re-download them another time.

Large Address Aware really helpfull, thanks! Now it works.
Мне стоило бы внимательнее читать ОП-пост.
Sorry for my engrish, english is not my language.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi.

What causes spaces to be missing in the description of certain events? Here are some examples:

The same happens with hull-damaging events, too.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Thats a problem related to how SMM handles appending stuff. Will eventually get fixed with a new version of SMM.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks. A few other questions if you don't mind (sorry if they were raised before).

I assume nothing can be done about changing the UI to accomodate 10 levels of Weapons and Drones Systems made available by CE Infinite?

I rarely play the game in one sitting, and certainly not the CE Infinite ones. If there is no workaround for the Artillery system to prevent it from breaking saves, can a separate add-on be made available that would prevent the system from appearing in shops altogether? Or is it too much work for too little gain, especially if there is a warning in place?

Speaking of the warning, can it be rephrased in a way that would fit the text box? I know that with the amount of stuff the mod adds and with the text box being on the smallish side it is inevitable that some of it won't fit, but I still think it should be avoided when possible.

Are the changes that came with the AE in relation to resourses/weapons gained in events being visually shown rather than described hard-coded? I feel like they are the biggest offender when it comes to the text exceeding the window boundaries.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 pm

I've inquired about special tech several times, but I've never gotten the bomb weapon on the left, nor have I ever seen it in CE 1.23's internal files. What is it?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 pm

That was the reverse Ion bomb that only had one use: Recharging your Zoltan shield. That mechanic did not work anymore in CE I think... or did it allow to overcharge supershields beyond five bars? I don't remember, but I didn't work nicely. Should probably get removed from that image.

Nevill wrote:I assume nothing can be done about changing the UI to accomodate 10 levels of Weapons and Drones Systems made available by CE Infinite?

Nope, nothing beyond opening up the system upgrade pannel borders at the top, which has been done.

Nevill wrote:I rarely play the game in one sitting, and certainly not the CE Infinite ones. If there is no workaround for the Artillery system to prevent it from breaking saves, can a separate add-on be made available that would prevent the system from appearing in shops altogether? Or is it too much work for too little gain, especially if there is a warning in place?

You can do this by unpacking the mod, opening "blueprints.xml.append" in /data and searching for the "artillery" blueprint. Change its rarity value to 0. Repack the mod and patch it in. This will prevent artillery from appearing in shops.

Nevill wrote:Speaking of the warning, can it be rephrased in a way that would fit the text box? I know that with the amount of stuff the mod adds and with the text box being on the smallish side it is inevitable that some of it won't fit, but I still think it should be avoided when possible.

Agreed. I'll rephrase the warning once more so that it fits.

Nevill wrote:Are the changes that came with the AE in relation to resourses/weapons gained in events being visually shown rather than described hard-coded? I feel like they are the biggest offender when it comes to the text exceeding the window boundaries.

Its kind of hard to predict how much space these info windows will take, as that largely depends on how much loot you get and if a weapon is included. If the weapon has a long name it will make the window even bigger. But remember that you can always change the font size ingame yourself. I don't remember the hotkeys but they should be mentioned in the game options. Even just decreasing font size by one level below the default should make pretty much any CE texts fit the text window.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Thats a problem related to how SMM handles appending stuff. Will eventually get fixed with a new version of SMM.

"EVENTUALLY".......... :roll:

Nevill wrote:I rarely play the game in one sitting, and certainly not the CE Infinite ones. If there is no workaround for the Artillery system to prevent it from breaking saves, can a separate add-on be made available that would prevent the system from appearing in shops altogether? Or is it too much work for too little gain, especially if there is a warning in place?

I think artillery would perhaps be worthy of being an add-on to CE a this point... I've seen enough people buy the system and lose their save games, despite the warning, and it makes me sad. And it's utterly worthless in Infinite. I feel like it's my fault because I was the first one to start making artillery for the different ships, but hey... who could've known. :cry:

Artillery could work fine if all of the ships started out with the system. "One day" I will make a mod that adjusts all of the player ships to start with the artillery system and maybe substitute out another system or lower other stats to balance that.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like the OP clearly explains the problem with artillery and save games. Quite a few people have come on here and asked to fix the artillery problem, not understanding that it is simply beyond your control. Maybe you should add a little more about that issue? Perhaps in the modding limitations section, or whatever it's called.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Yo sleepy, I found a Zoltan Interceptor in the first sector with lv1 Shields. I mean, I know there are some ships with Zoltan Shield (like that one) and no Shields System, but lv1 Shields System is pointless. Plus, they'd send an Engi there to be on standby, despite the fact he'd not be manning anything. Slowie says it's your fault.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Have you been playing on easy? Cause that seems to remove augments from enemies (at last in early sectors?). On normal, this enemy will have Zoltan shields but no normal shields in early sectors. That requires a shield system present just like with Zoltan B, so its not pointless. As an Interceptor, the ships evasion will make up for its lack of shield defense. On easy the ship will be even more vulnerable, but it will start with decent engines, even in sector one.
SRX33

Postby SRX33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 am

Hey I´m new here, but i have a few questions. :) Im playing CE Mod with infinite addon
- I Have a lot of texture problems (CE MOd and the texture/basic pack is installed), like wrong/missing ship textures.
- I dont get the point of the atillery uprgade ^^
- The game chrashes at some points ingame. Any options to save the game ingame?