FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.248/Inf 1.247/EL 1.247

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:39 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
ahmedoo wrote:Is it possible to negate somehow the events when you can upgrade reactor for some amount of missles, fuel, drones like in the picture below, when you have full reactor?

None that I know of.

You can do it. I'm looking back at an old post of mine so I can replicate it here. This should prevent the option to waste your supplies from showing up when your reactor is maxed at 25.

Code: Select all

<event name="TRADER_UPGRADES_EXCHANGE" unique="true">
   <text load="TRADER_UPGRADES_EXCHANGE_TEXT"/>
   <choice req="reactor" lvl="0" max_lvl="24" blue="false">
      <text>Agree to the trade.</text>
      <event load="TRADER_UPGRADES_EXCHANGE_LIST"/>
   </choice>
   <choice>   
      <text>Respectfully decline.</text>
      <event>   
         <text>You decide you need what supplies you have.</text>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:01 am

ahmedoo wrote:Now I can confirm what I wrote last time. The "CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon" disables enemy AE content like ships and weapons.

Nice catch! I think that problem existed for months now. :( I'm glad you noticed that.

Download CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon 1.248 (MediaFire)[code]

Vanilla Player Ship Loadout Addon 1.248
- Fixed: dlc_override list not appending

RAD-82 wrote: This should prevent the option to waste your supplies from showing up when your reactor is maxed at 25. [code]

Wow neat, I wasn't aware that this is possible. Will be fixed then.

blogg10 wrote:Just some feedback; I think the difficulty of certain things needs tweaking - especially with regards to the Endless addon. Since I completed the game for the first time, I tend to play on Normal, and now I play on Hard with any 'easy' ships (all the ones with full systems, boarding ships etc). However, I have noticed that with the Endless mod, it is next-to-impossible to play the game as certain ships on higher difficulties; on hard mode, for example...

So I'm not sure if you are playing Endless Loot with CE Infinite or normal CE, so I'll just generally clarify: CE is designed to be played on normal difficulty. The Endless Loot addon is specifically designed to be played with infinite. Further its always recommended to use non-EL enemy loadouts alongside EL. All of this is mentioned right below the download links.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 am

[quote="Sleeper Service]Download CE Vanilla Player Ship Loadouts Addon 1.248 (MediaFire)[/b][code]

Vanilla Player Ship Loadout Addon 1.248
- Fixed: dlc_override list[/quote]
It looks like you may have cut the opening [close] tag out, so the OP Changelog isn't in the "code" window now. ;)

EDIT: And it looks like I left out a close quote... :lol:
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:33 am

I offered a surrender to a bunch of dirty pirates who had some dirty weapons and a dirty shield. They seemed to be some honourable folk... until they broke the agreement and opened fire regardless.

But when it came to the resources being lost, instead of giving them drone parts, it seemed those dirty, dishonest pirates actually gave me drone parts (the icon was green)

I'm not sure if I then lost a drone part in the counter above or I gained one but still... I'm surrendering to them so why should they be giving me stuff? Maybe they were dishonest but charitable, like my ship with its Slug Repair Gel and Zoltan Shield :lol:

EDIT: They then had the audacity to say that I'm breaking the rules of engagement by opening fire after THEY surrendered to me! But good thing I'm was as dishonest as they were :D
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:59 am

I'm not entirely sure why, but stylesrj's last comment gave me an idea for an event(s)...

Some really persistent pirates and rebel ships, or bounty hunter ships (and such), should ask YOU to surrender to THEM after they take a certain amount of hull damage, instead of the norm. This can be either laughably hilarious or a real practical option to consider.

For example, think about if you're fighting a slug interceptor pirate ship with a basic laser. After reducing them to a point where they should surrender, instead they say "Hah, you had enough yet scumbag?! You've got some fight in you, I'll give you that. I'm feeling generous today, how about you hand over some of your scrap and we'll call it a draw?" :lol: This is obviously as much of a joke as accepting AI surrender, but maybe it could have some good outcomes too, like getting a crew member or a map of the sector, or other options instead of just "conceding" to them. :idea:

Another time when you might actually want to consider this would be in fights where the enemy won't usually let you surrender at the start. Such as the bounty hunter event or possibly some events when fighting rebels. You usually take a lot of damage from those events so maybe if you could reduce their hull they would give you the option of surrendering. Obviously this isn't as appealing as killing them after you've gotten the upper hand, but heh not every option has to be a good one.

Lastly, (this shouldn't be a racial ability, but) there should be an event where you can fake surrender in order to get the upper hand. You could, for example, sneak in some ion bombs when transferring over your tribute and bring down one of the enemy's systems.

Anyway, just some random thoughts, it's late where I am now and I'm tired and rambling...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:11 am

Lastly, (this shouldn't be a racial ability, but) there should be an event where you can fake surrender in order to get the upper hand. You could, for example, sneak in some ion bombs when transferring over your tribute and bring down one of the enemy's systems.

I still think the Clone Bay Suicide Bomb could be an option for handing crew over to slavers/bounty hunters. But of course the crew would take great offence at that... unless you have that augment which allows you to clone Humans/Slugs/Mantises because you're breaking the regulations :)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 am

So I finally managed to buy 5 layers of Shields in CE Infinite and this what came up whenever it charges:

The graphical UI looks like it can have 5 slots, but the 5th slot doesn't show up. In fact that extra layer doesn't even show up as a pink overlay.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Got a gamebreaking bug in CE.
As always, caught it on video.
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ur0-Cs ... e=youtu.be
Happened with the latest version of CE btw.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:17 pm

The sources of those GUI changes for I finite are pretty funny. But yeah.. for some bizarre reason, post-AE the 5th shield icon no longer displays properly at all.
ImageImage
CaptRavo

Postby CaptRavo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:55 am

Out of fuel against the fleet with a drone that warps away = stalemate.