FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Justicescooby

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.243a/Inf 1.242/EL 1.242

Postby Justicescooby » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 am

This sadly doesn't work for me. My load list matches the example one entirely (except it only has the one Endless loot, and it has the Expanded Enemy window 1st in the line up, Better planets second, and better asteroids (part of better planets) third. It all works fine until I get to endless loot, which just doesn't load. It gets stuck on Installing mod "CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.242.ftl"... until I force close it. Does anyone know a fix for this? :cry: This looks like a very impressive mod and I really would like to try it.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:41 am

I recommend you read through the troubleshooting section at the beginning of this thread.

FreakinZombie wrote:No worries. Thanks for the response. I will keep an eye out for bugs and typos and such in the future (although, with each update, they are harder and harder to find). I'd like to help support the mod any way that I can!

Thanks. :) Your support as well as the support you other people have given is most appreciated. CE would not be where it is without feedback and bug reports.

NarnKar wrote:Why do you load the CE Resource Pack before you load the actual Captain's Edition mod? Is it to save memory, or something? Can the same be done for Endless Loot?

Where the CE Resource Pack is located in relation to Captains edition does not matter, I just had to put it somewhere in the list.

stylesrj wrote:Oh fun fact - don't mod Artillery to level 5. Ever. The Flagship's guns count as Artillery so they'll be at Level 5/6 if you allow Artillery to go that high.

Nah, enemies max systems are defined by their specific ship blueprint, not by the overall system cap, so a higher artillery cap would not matter for the flagship. I left artillery as it is mostly cause all the new player artillery is already balanced for capping out at four bars.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:39 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Nah, enemies max systems are defined by their specific ship blueprint, not by the overall system cap, so a higher artillery cap would not matter for the flagship. I left artillery as it is mostly cause all the new player artillery is already balanced for capping out at four bars.

So there's a random chance the Flagship's weapons chain to one second when playing a game?

Because that's what happened to me. I got my butt kicked in Phase 1 because missiles, lasers, beams and ions would be firing rapidly with no chance of blocking them.

Then when I reduced artillery back to default levels for my next game, the Flagship was difficult (holy crap! Defence drone in Phase 3!? My Vulcan cannot match that!) but still beatable.

By the way, nice job with the Flagship. Phase 3 really gets crazy when the last guy dies. I wish didn't cheat with the Level 5 Hacking to the Missiles though... (although it wasn't much cheating when I ended with only 1HP left! Knew that cruiser before the Flagship was a waste of effort to fight!) but seriously, all sorts of crazy went down in a fun, yet satisfying end, complete with Swedish rock.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Well I think I found a pretty big bug...

Just watch the last minute of this video. It's pretty hilarious. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4T2vPSEpO8
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:14 pm

I think Sleeper addressed that one quickly. Maybe two pages ago in an update?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Yeah, that was what 1.243a was for:

Sleeper Service wrote:So apparently I missed another bad bounty hunter eventlist ID. I made a pass through all the new stuff an the mod should be stable again now.

CE Update 1.243a
- Fixed a crashes upon jumping to Rock controlled sector

I wouldn't have found that crash if it wouldn't have happened to this poor person, so maybe someone with a youtube account give him a high five. :D
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 am

Whoops. That must have happened during my hiatus. :roll:

But I did let him know that was a bug.
domanz

Postby domanz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Encountered a bug: Jumped from one sector to the other, choosing the -2 fuel option. But after clicking "continue", another message popped up, as if I had chosen the risky -5 fuel option, and that continued to happen with other messages looping until my ship was completely destroyed. Latest patch, latest CE. Only CE + better backgrounds.

EDIT: Shoulda read the last comments. Thanks for reacting so quickly to the YT video.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Here's one for the record books:
Not everything needs to be update this, fix that or try something along these lines you know...
Ran across 2 of these bad boys straight after another.
It ended there and then.
Think this was one of the few losses I actually laughed about. :lol:
Alongside of encountering the big alien spiders and loosing a crewmember after jump one with the Vortex (engi B, aka the "forever alone").
Good times, good times.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:17 pm

not sure it this is a bug:

and this just afterwards:

as you can see, the background did not load upon jumping.

I am using the newest versions of CE and related files, some custom ships, CE music, high-res shield, Back ground and planets and disable fleet.

this happened twice and both time with asteroid fields