FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lunar

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.242a/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.242

Postby Lunar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:18 am

Well I just started a run earlier, decided to try to talk to a Lanius to see what he had to say, and this happened...

http://i.imgur.com/ADboSW5.jpg?1

The hell is this XD
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:16 am

Lmao yeah, that is one of the most awesome events you can get with a Lanius, though the ship translator makes it also the most awkward XD If you had the scrap, then he'd do exactly what he said, he'd make it into another Lanius c: It's kinda awesome.
FreakinZombie

Postby FreakinZombie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 am

Hello there. :) First, I just wanted to say that this mod is really awesome. Like, really awesome. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it!

I found a few potential issues while I was playing today that I thought would be helpful to post here.

First, when an enemy used a combat augment here to disable my weapon system (just the first bar), and then my weapon system took actual damage, it only showed as having one power bar disabled, even though what was really happening was that one of my weapon bars was hacked, and one was damaged. As you can see in the image, it shows I should be able to activate my two power weapon, but I can't. I'm not sure if you can fix this though, but I figured it would be worth posting if someone else hasn't already. I also have a few graphical mods installed as well, so they might be to blame instead.

Just a typo here. Should be "waste," not "wast."

I'm not sure what the deal was here. The weapon only has 1 shot per charge...I don't think that's right, or is that a hidden effect of the prefix? I don't know.

Also, you will have to right click these and open the images in new tabs, cuz I don't know how to make them appear fully.
I do Let's Plays for FTL: Captain's Edition and some other mods as well. If you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 94Z-L1TDrq
Biohazard063

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.242/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.242

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:46 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Update 1.242
- Some blue options that require resources can no longer give said resources as reward (can appear odd if the reward negates the requirement by giving the resources needed)

Don't know if this was implemented because of what I posted, but I agree on what Estel said. It does fit in the almighty and powerful lore of the game of them having explosives but no way of knowing to use them or having the gear for it.
The thing that bugged me on that was that I was able to pick the blue option without having the needed requirement of 3 missiles. The missile reward after that just made it a bit more awkward.

Besides, there are stranger things out there that warrant a good laugh:
Someone said he got Fire suppression after he sent in a rockman to douse the flames on a burning station.
Once got a repair drone myself after sending one in on the same event.

Also, still, great work.
Needs to be said once and awhile.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
FortunaDraken

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.242/Inf 1.24a/EL 1.242

Postby FortunaDraken » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:24 am

Biohazard063 wrote:Someone said he got Fire suppression after he sent in a rockman to douse the flames on a burning station.

Bwuhahaha. Sounds like that station didn't have the right augments equipped there XD
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:31 am

I once got a Rock named Doctor Jones from that place.

I chalk it up to that the drone wasn't working or that they didn't have the parts for it. They are schematics after all. Same with fire suppression. You get the augment and you just add the needed materials to make them work properly.

As for the Rock? Maybe they were trapped and just got away before the place went up in smoke. Because they're immune to fire, not asphyxiation.

Is there any way to make events that take away crew... take away the right crew so that when a Zoltan goes to a monastery and you get two Zoltans in return, they don't take your only Lanius?
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 am

As for the lab fire event, I remember reading, that "their fire supression system is not responding" - at least since few releases of CE. Well, then it makes it even more OK'ish that they give away augment that failed them so hard ;)

As for Zoltan event, there is *no* right crew to lose there. Zoltan clearly states, that "one of your crew members" need to be trained in their ways. It says nothing about race, gender, etc. The only thing that may get awkard is if ou get a new crew member between starting quest and getting to monastery, and that new member goes away - but it's a modding limitation, nothing can be done about it.

In other situations, Sleepy put a nice and smart checks, to make sure everything fits - the Human quest about slavers is nice example here.

/Estel
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 am

Sure, there are always ways to make things like this work.
The irony is just to obvious for it to not make you think about what the hell was going on in there... and laugh.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Gaudium

Postby Gaudium » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Hello!
I think i'm in the right place hehe

So a weird bug in the FTL Captains Edition 1.242 version.

http://www.twitch.tv/gaudium007/c/4948113

Scenarios keep rolling out when jumping to a new sector.

Then Nider told me there is some minor patch to fix couple of bugs, which is called 1.242a.
Don't know if i installed the right thing, because i downloaded via the link on the front page which still said 1.242.
Then after a while this happened again, i apologize for the non normative language. I got a bit butthurt :)
I reverted back to 1.242.b and it disappeared.

http://www.twitch.tv/gaudium007/c/4948147

Great mod, thank you very much! :)
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.243/Inf 1.242/EL 1.242

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Hey there Gaudium, thanks for reporting that again. Nider already mentioned this problem, I was unable to get behind it yesterday, but now I noticed that there was indeed something wrong with the civilian start event. For me it "just" causes crashes, no idea how your game turned this into that weird event outcome-staccato. Anyway, I think I got it fixed, at last for me the sector loads stable now. Thanks again for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.

CE Update 1.243
- Fixed crashes/event glitches when jumping to civilian sectors?
- Several small fixes
- Drone Uplink Jammer is more reliable now
- Mind Shielding always disables three system bars now

- Silent update: Simulating damage to systems with the combat simulator should no longer give free repairs

Nice stream by the way, I lurked for some hours yesterday. :)