Torchwood202

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.214/Inf 1.214/EL 1.213

Postby Torchwood202 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Finally got the secret diplomacy ending :shock:
Was greater than expected.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Panlew wrote:Could you please remove those ugly avatar things or at least make a patch that reverts them to normal...?
The crew portraits.

It's quite simple to do that yourself you know. Just remove the portraits and replace them with the first frame of the walking animation (top left corner of the crew sheets. You can find the files in img/people.

Also, I think it's kind of rude to call them "ugly." They're certainly not ugly, someone spent a lot of time and effort to make those and I could never make something as realistic looking as those, especially using pixel art. If you think they are "Out of place" that's fine, but they aren't ugly.

Also, you can only see them in the crew hangar and ship menu... If that make a difference.

99 Hundred Bugs in the Code
99 Hundred Bugs!!!
You take one down, patch it around
1,287 bugs in the code!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Found a few more bugs... Sorry Sleeper. :roll:

These ones are weird. I took screenshots in case you didn't believe me. :P

The Federation C and Lanius ships hull images disappear when certain weapons pass through their shields.
http://imgur.com/6t4L24C
http://imgur.com/M09z5x5
I don't get it either.

The Zoltan Type A has a weird reddish square behind it.
http://imgur.com/9AyW53O

The Zoltan B still uses the old artillery image.

Good job on the Zoltan C and Mantis C artillery, they match great. I still think the Kestrel and Rock artillery should be, "pulled forward" a little bit like the Zoltan artillery though so they are more visible and we can appreciate them more.
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Sat May 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:It's "quite simple" to do that yourself you know. Just remove the portraits and replace them with the first frame of the walking animation (top left corner of the crew sheets. You can find the files in img/people.

I'm not very good with image editing, they will probably be off-centered.

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, I think it's kind of rude to call them "ugly." They're certainly not ugly, someone spent a lot of time and effort to make those and I could never make something as realistic looking as those, especially using pixel art. If you think they are "Out of place" that's fine, but they aren't ugly.

Well, sorry I wasn't trying to be uncivilized, but they COMPLETELY ruin the setting for me.

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, you can only see them in the crew hangar and ship menu... If that make a difference.

Doesn't change the fact that whenever I see them I just wanna press the random ship button and start.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Panlew wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:It's "quite simple" to do that yourself you know. Just remove the portraits and replace them with the first frame of the walking animation (top left corner of the crew sheets. You can find the files in img/people.

I thought a good portion of the people might not like those portraits. I think they are neat, but they do seem to kind of not match.

Would you happen to have a version of CE from before 1.2? If so you can copy the image files out of there to replace the portraits...
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
Panlew wrote:

I thought a good portion of the people might not like those portraits. I think they are neat, but they do seem to kind of not match.

Would you happen to have a version of CE from before 1.2? If so you can copy the image files out of there to replace the portraits...

If I had it I wouldn't even post here...
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:23 pm

So, I just started playing with this mod, and wanted to post feedback on my playthroughs of CE. One of the events that I find unbalanced is the AI avatar event that also spawns an asteroid field. That event is broken early on, and it doomed 2 of my playthroughs in the second sector. Any one of the following seems to result in death:

1 bar or less of shield: The asteroids maul your ship unless you have 2 spare crew who aren't fighting and the ship has upgraded evasion.
3 crew or less: A 2 on 1 fight rarely results in victory unless you have an upgraded medbay, and your ship will still probably be sacked because they destroy the 02.
No medbay: If you have a clonebay or no medbay, they will kill your crew and destroy your systems enough that the asteroids kill you.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.214b/Inf 1.214/EL 1.213

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 18, 2014 2:23 am

Russian Rockman wrote:These ones are weird. I took screenshots in case you didn't believe me. :P

The Federation C and Lanius ships hull images disappear when certain weapons pass through their shields.
http://imgur.com/6t4L24C
http://imgur.com/M09z5x5
I don't get it either.

That is indeed weird. It appears the artillery weapon for those ships did call a non existing anim sheet, but I have no idea how that could have caused the hull to behave like that. Anyway, I fixed that and was unable to reproduce that glitch afterwards. Light lasers and mines passed through shields normally. Very strange.

Russian Rockman wrote:Good job on the Zoltan C and Mantis C artillery, they match great. I still think the Kestrel and Rock artillery should be, "pulled forward" a little bit like the Zoltan artillery though so they are more visible and we can appreciate them more.

I tried that during development, but did not like the result. I'm kind of OK with that the shots are fired "from deep within the ship". *shrug*

CE Update 1.214b
- Projectiles passing through your shields for Fed C and Lanius A/B should no longer cause the ship hull to disappear
- Zoltan A hull fixed
- Zoltan B artillery weapon graphic fixed
- Slightly reduced the amount of boarders for the "whisps in asteroid field" event

Krazyguy75 wrote:So, I just started playing with this mod, and wanted to post feedback on my playthroughs of CE. One of the events that I find unbalanced is the AI avatar event that also spawns an asteroid field. That event is broken early on, and it doomed 2 of my playthroughs in the second sector. Any one of the following seems to result in death.

I agree that six boarders max is a little harsh there. Still, the thing to learn here is that Hazard sectors are no joke overall. Decent shields and a overall strong ship is kind of required to get through these effectively. You might consider avoiding them if you do not feel like you are in strong position. This is easily possible when planing your route through the sectors. hazard sectors also can only appear after sector three, so the event basically does not occur early on. It can occur if you decide to travel to a dangerous sector type and in this case you should try to be prepared.

/Edit: Oh wait, you are talking about BOARDERS_ASTEROID_GHOST, right? The event that starts with this text, but occurs outside hazard sectors? Where did you encounter that event?
You jump into the middle of an asteroid field. Looking around, you find you are surrounded by dozens of wrecks of other ships. Faint wisps of light can be seen moving between wrecks. As you watch, they seem to be changing path and floating toward your ship!

If you encountered the event outside a CE hazard sector, then the mod has actually nothing to do with it. That version of the event was added by AE, you will have to complain to the FTL defs.
LordPadre

Postby LordPadre » Sun May 18, 2014 4:35 am

I'm having a hard time getting this to work.

I'd previously installed it on a base FTL (hadn't been updated, got it from GOG, so I have to manually patch it), and that worked fine, albeit with a minor graphic glitch (npcs, crew or otherwise, appeared as doubles, and had broken animations, and flashed in/out).

I decided to update though, and using the same mods, it crashes on startup

Edit: Sorry, my thought process was a bit skewed. Troubleshoot helped - I needed the LAA flag.
Last edited by LordPadre on Sun May 18, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 18, 2014 5:03 am

Panlew wrote:If I had it I wouldn't even post here...

This is a real question, I'm not trying to imply anything. :) What do you think could be improved on the crew portraits? Do you think if they were changed in some way you would accept their presence in the mod? Or do you just not like them at all? For example, I think they need to be slid up a couple pixels, that the female face should be a bit bigger, that the crystal should have somewhat more of a "face", that the rock's head size should be increased, and now I've come to think that the Nathan Fillion smile on the male because it's kind of a serious setting and the female isn't smiling. And maybe they should be a little bit "lower res" to match the other stuff.

All of these are things for the original mod creator though, they aren't Sleeper's problem.

And this is ally my personal opinion too. Overall what the mod creator did is amazing!
Panlew

Postby Panlew » Sun May 18, 2014 7:35 am

Russian Rockman wrote:This is a real question, I'm not trying to imply anything. :) What do you think could be improved on the crew portraits? Do you think if they were changed in some way you would accept their presence in the mod? Or do you just not like them at all? For example, I think they need to be slid up a couple pixels, that the female face should be a bit bigger, that the crystal should have somewhat more of a "face", that the rock's head size should be increased, and now I've come to think that the Nathan Fillion smile on the male because it's kind of a serious setting and the female isn't smiling. And maybe they should be a little bit "lower res" to match the other stuff.

All of these are things for the original mod creator though, they aren't Sleeper's problem.

And this is ally my personal opinion too. Overall what the mod creator did is amazing!

Yes, I basically agree on all you said back there.
I'm not going to discuss it anymore though, since I was already able to find a version of Captain's Edition 1.206